Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea if they release another pay Xmen I'm going to grab the xgene sub and finish off Namor. I'm literally like 100 x genes from getting him to t2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm just waiting until there's at least 2 more mutants to grab then I'll probably grab the pay thing, grab them all, and focus on Namor if I don't use that mega on him. Unless someone more tempting comes along.

Truthfully I don't love Namor because his skills make it impossible to see anything.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Looks like you'll get your wish because we're getting Mystique and Mr Sinister in the next update. I'm also hoping for some current X-men costumes specifically Captain Britain Psylock and Red Pirate Queen Kate.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

If Captain Britain Psylocke gets in I’ll actually get Psylocke

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They're teasing SInister, Mystique, and Nimrod. Nimrod could be a Sentinel costume. They've teased Jean, Wolverine, and Magneto costumes. Looks like a House of X update. I spent an hour reading up on House of X and preceding stuff and am kinda pumped for it. My guess is we get X aka Charles Xavier as the T3 and maybe they do the thing where they introduce him in the wheelchair in the classic look and then have a costume for the X/Fantomex modern thing.

We seem overdo for an Epic Quest and Xavier/House of X might be a worthwhile one. But I say that every update. Mystique will probably end up being the new Danger Room buy.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Mar 9, 2020

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

We seem overdo for an Epic Quest and Xavier/House of X might be a worthwhile one. But I say that every update.

same. they did mention epic quests in the survey results a few weeks ago though so maybe

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hate the epic quests because there's always really specific timed stuff like get 10 arena wins. Oops only got 9, now you have to wait until tomorrow unless you want to spend diamonds.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i just wait until tomorrow

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah I don’t mind. But I’m a nerd who likes homework. I think by doing the heroic and epic quests and making them my daily priority I basically change my game up everyday. If I’m not doing either then I basically do all the same stuff first every day and leave all the same stuff to last and that gets tedious. So the quests forces me to change that up. And Epics are new content and usually a bunch of stuff you don’t have to buy (besides the big one).

Plus I really like the idea of having a goal and achieving it. Even if it’s a meaningless game one. Makes me smile.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I quit actively playing about a month ago and quit logging in daily for freebies about two weeks ago, anyone know about how long before you get "welcome back" goodies?

fake edit: google/reddit says it was 14-15 days two years ago if nothing changed since then. 5 day login rewards including a 6* selector and a regular T2 ticket so nothing too exciting.

I've been losing interest in the game but a House of X patch would possibly get me to play again for a while.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I had enough crystals to buy all the new costumes and the Professor X pack. All the costumes seem pretty good. Magneto is vastly improved, and so is Chonky Nimrod.

Wolverine and Jean are better but they were already pretty good.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

This is a very expensive update, if you want to get the new characters and uniforms. and mystique being stronger than wolverine, after all these uniforms, is sad

:negative:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm a little salty that Mystique and Xavier are in the game and the only one I can get is Mr. Sinister.

Also I'm never getting Kitty and Namor because they never add more X-Gene Pay characters for me to justify the purchase.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

why do they hate wolverine so much

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I had 9500 crystals, that's how much it cost to get everything I got. That means you need to have around 15000 to get everything, assuming you'd need 2 mystique packs to get her to t2.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think I needed 3 for Emma, Sabertooth, and Iceman.

I don't mind a bunch of crystals stuff. I mean, I'll never catch up with all the costumes since I've been focusing on grabbing the crystal characters and now I'll spend the next 2 months saving for Xavier and after that Mystique. But I just wish they'd come up with way to add mutants all normal like so you could farm them or collect selectors. I was really hoping this would be an Epic since like even just having those Epic Quests to farm is fine for me. But it is what it is. There's 2 new characters I want and 2-3 new costumes I want so I can't complain too much.

At least not until they do Chapter 2 of the Story Missions and add another new Cap uniform for free.

Any thoughts on Squad Battle? It gives out decent rewards so far but its basically like a really tedious ABX that I guess you're just supposed to do nonstop?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Any thoughts on Squad Battle? It gives out decent rewards so far but its basically like a really tedious ABX that I guess you're just supposed to do nonstop?

i think the rewards are pretty bad, but it looks like you can autoplay it. one more weekly chore i guess

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Squad battle rewards are crap right now. The RNG boxes are a joke. 20 clear tickets? 50,000 gold? And they created mandalay gems just to monitize awakening even more. There was no reason to change it other than they realised they f'd up by making it "too easy" by giving us awakening gems in WBU.

So many of these new modes and rewards are geared towards new players. I think NM has entered the phase of trying to get as much cash before their next game launches, player base be damned.

the price to fully unlock mystique is absurd hahahahahaahaha

edit - and i know we've been sayin this for a while. but aspects of this update seem to point more dramatically in that direction. more items to clog up our inventory without giving us more space. still no basic qol improvements we've been asking for for months/years. new game modes w weak rewards. giving multiple uniforms to wolvie, a beloved character that is f2p-obtainable, and still not making him better, and releasing a new char, mystique, you can only get with $$$ who is objectively better.

Xenochrist fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 19, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I guess I got lucky with my boxes. I'm pretty sure I got a couple of million gold boxes.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

So word is Mystique is the OP character this patch and not Prof X? I'm thinking of skipping him. I got Mystique to T2 with the original buy then 2 more, then got Jean's costume. I have enough crystals left for one more costume or can save it. Not a fan of Danger Room at all though I haven't played it since they changed it recently. I blew all my T3 mats on Thanos, Apocalypse and Cyclops just before I took a break last month and I think I'll save back up in case they T3 Hulk or someone I care about. I still have Namor and Quicksilver to go for the meta chars.

I used to be "gotta catch em all" for all the characters no matter how bad but I haven't gotten the hydra bio sub guy, will probably skip Prof X, and wouldn't have Sinister if not for the event xgenes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea after the annoucement of the new game i'm not going to put any more money into FF. Well, maybe I'll keep getting the tony stark stash because its only :5bux:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I guess I got lucky with my boxes. I'm pretty sure I got a couple of million gold boxes.

yes it crits at 1 mil. the usual drop is just 50k

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I kind of post this every update but I just don't know what to do with this game. I'm bored of every game mode and I'm only logging in because I don't want to miss daily rewards and I feel like I've invested too much into my roster. But at this point it's like why even get Prof. X or Mystique if I don't play any of the game modes and why even T3 or level anyone up for that matter?

I think ultimately I should just pull the plug on playing but it feels like a waste, the best thing for me would be the game dying honestly. I wish they could figure out a game mode that was just fun to play and didn't turn into grab the most powerful character and mash their skills.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

I threw :10bux: at them before I knew they were giving out Sinister bios, so I guess I'm locked in for another month, but it seems pretty clear that they're gonna kill this game as soon as the other one is ready. The only reason I'm still playing it is because I haven't found anything better yet and 95% of the daily chores are just letting the game do it's thing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea dailies are all super easy to bump off while on the toilet.

I'd of liked to of seen more characters at t3 but whatever. Bring on the next waifu and husbando collector.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I still enjoy by dumb game and have gotten more enjoyment and time out of than most console games so I can justify dropping $6 here and there. But when it dies I look forward to being free and not jumping to the next repeat of this. At least for a few years until nostalgia kicks in.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Yes. It's a mobile phone game. You have to know going in that any money and time you spend on it is, by definition, going to be wasted.

Debating using rankup tickets on Sinister.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Steve Vader posted:

Yes. It's a mobile phone game. You have to know going in that any money and time you spend on it is, by definition, going to be wasted.

Debating using rankup tickets on Sinister.

Yeah, agreed; when it comes down to it, it is poopin game. Any frustration I have is from the lost potential in the game. Ah well.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ok, this is funny. I'm currently ranked #1 in Squad Battle.

There are a grand total of 7 players with pts!

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Mar 23, 2020

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Ok, this is funny. I'm currently ranked #1 in Squad Battle.

There are a grand total of 7 players with pts!

lmao

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was wondering why everyone was talking about Squad Battle and I haven't seen it, it only opens after you finish the story missions. Ugh they're so bad.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Continued Squad Battle hilarity.

I am in the Bronze League. There are currently 51 people with pts in the Bronze League. The top 20% gets promoted to the Silver League. That's... 10 people? Which would mean that the top 20% next week promoted to Gold would be... 2 people?

There's a ton of people with 0 pts so its probably not that funny or dire. The bunch of us will probably just get promoted and repeat this with a smaller field of 0s. But I had that thought while I was playing around and decided to share it. I don't think this game mode is gonna last long.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I think I missed a day of rewards for this new check in. Should I have 50 or 100 before today’s reset?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

The Dave posted:

I think I missed a day of rewards for this new check in. Should I have 50 or 100 before today’s reset?

50, its still day 1

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Continued Squad Battle hilarity.

I am in the Bronze League. There are currently 51 people with pts in the Bronze League. The top 20% gets promoted to the Silver League. That's... 10 people? Which would mean that the top 20% next week promoted to Gold would be... 2 people?

There's a ton of people with 0 pts so its probably not that funny or dire. The bunch of us will probably just get promoted and repeat this with a smaller field of 0s. But I had that thought while I was playing around and decided to share it. I don't think this game mode is gonna last long.

They break it up into groups of, I think, 100. You're only seeing people in your group.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well that makes it way less amusing and worth paying attention to.

There's also the reality that you only need to play it once a week so like if people were monitoring my Shadowland they'd see me do nothing for 4-6 days and then play a ton of it at the end of the week.

But it made me laugh for a couple of hard days.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

And just like that I have 190, what the gently caress.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You should be at 200 today so if you have everything done and have 190 you missed one.

Squad Battle seems like the obvious one. Just pick 3 people and autorun.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Oh no I get it, I missed something yesterday even though I swore I checked more than once. Whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, even if you get 690 you can still get like a 6, a 5, and a 4 star ticket.