Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well check out Mr. Moneybags with his camel house and refreshing sand beverages.

200 of us had to have all the liquid drained from our bodies, be elaborately folded dozens of times, and stacked around the perimeter of an open air septic pit.

And no pizza places delivered there either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Solice Kirsk posted:

Well check out Mr. Moneybags with his camel house and refreshing sand beverages.

200 of us had to have all the liquid drained from our bodies, be elaborately folded dozens of times, and stacked around the perimeter of an open air septic pit.

Your septic pit was open air? Well la de da.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The COVID-19 sheltering-in-place will be the new "when I was your age I had to walk 10 miles in the snow, uphill both ways!" for Gen Z to their offspring.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
thread took a weird goddamn turn

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Android Apocalypse posted:

The COVID-19 sheltering-in-place will be the new "when I was your age I had to walk 10 miles in the snow, uphill both ways!" for Gen Z to their offspring.

I'm thinking more "Wow grandpa! What was it like to go outside?"

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Inspector 34 posted:

Well when the gently caress are they bringing back all the drat cocaine?

Meet me in the woods

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Beachcomber posted:

"What were bars like, grandpa??"

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Beachcomber posted:

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Beachcomber posted:

we drank sand.

you ate drank what?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

bike tory posted:

Seems pretty self explanatory. Making something that was not very good to begin with popular again because it has nostalgic appeal.

Captain Planet is the one I'm waiting for tbh.

Because I never saw a single thing about loving that show beforehand, I'm too stubborn to believe that Thundercats was ever popular before people got suddenly invested in the new very cartoony version that was being made and how it was spitting in the face of the first one by its existence.

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Solice Kirsk posted:

Oh yeah, we've got cool poo poo going on. All we need is a big war! Maybe a global famine or something. This virus thing just ain't doing it for me. Especially since I'm still working through it from the office.

Remember those really bad bushfires that Australia went through recently which lasted for months and months and killed a bunch of people and burned down millions and millions of acres of forest and thousands of houses and displaced thousands and thousands of people? Bushfire season starts around about June (but maybe earlier thanks to global warming!) and the local government has said that they expect the COVID-19 pandemic to hit its peak somewhere around July. So those two things are definitely going to be happening at the same time this year, plus god knows what else.

Edit: just to be pedantic, the virus could peak as early as May but that would be real real bad so all this "flatten the curve" social distancing stuff is an attempt to push it back as far as July if possible
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/10/australian-governments-warn-public-services-may-struggle-as-coronavirus-spreads

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 12:28 on Mar 21, 2020

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Remember those really bad bushfires that Australia went through recently which lasted for months and months and killed a bunch of people and burned down millions and millions of acres of forest and thousands of houses and displaced thousands and thousands of people? Bushfire season starts around about June (but maybe earlier thanks to global warming!) and the local government has said that they expect the COVID-19 pandemic to hit its peak somewhere around July. So those two things are definitely going to be happening at the same time this year, plus god knows what else.

This sounds bad but I have to ask a stupid question. Is there anything left to burn?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Kwyndig posted:

This sounds bad but I have to ask a stupid question. Is there anything left to burn?

Corpses

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kwyndig posted:

ScoMo's Really Strong Economy.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Kwyndig posted:

Lots and some things can burn again now they've had a break

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Boomers are surprisingly inflammable.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Cocaine Bear posted:

Boomers are surprisingly inflammable.

They don't call em boomers for nothing, avoid cremation.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Nalesh posted:

They don't call em boomers for nothing, avoid cremation.

Iain Banks posted:

It was the day my grandmother exploded.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Edit: just to be pedantic, the virus could peak as early as May but that would be real real bad so all this "flatten the curve" social distancing stuff is an attempt to push it back as far as July if possible
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/10/australian-governments-warn-public-services-may-struggle-as-coronavirus-spreads

I mean, I kinda remember that. Happened so long ago though. Plus Final Fantasy 7 Remake's demo just came out and stuff. You can only remember so much stuff, you know?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I was thinking that recently, "I need to go to the dentist, but I should wait until after my birthday", it's like, I can only handle one Thing in my head at once. Is that a thing other people get?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

snergle posted:

how about a trip to the guillotine you bougie condo owning gently caress.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Samuringa posted:

Shrek 2 and Megamind are both fantastic

The second Shrek kind of ruined the formula

I watched Megamind recently, or, tried to. I never watched it when it came out so I have no nostalgia. It was insufferable. The Incredibles 2 had just came out so I watched those back to back and wanted something to plug the gap and the... quality difference was just too much. Everything about it is just terrible in comparison.

E: For comparison, as Transformers was mentioned, the original Transformers series, something I have no nostalgia of either, held up really well. It was obviously a kid's show but it was actually pretty good

alexandriao has a new favorite as of 14:30 on Mar 21, 2020

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Love that the only full bathroom is only accessible from the master bedroom.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

rodbeard posted:

uh yeah it's a two bedroom apartment

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

rodbeard posted:

It's amazing how much people are having trouble with the concept of a regular 2 bedroom apartment.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
The other bathroom just has a shower, not a tub. It’s not like it’s a powder or something.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Troma, especially the old stuff, is genuine as hell and I love it. Someone with a weird idea, a lot of ambition, and some change they found in the couch setting out to make a b-movie? Sign me up!

Full Moon, makers of glorious poo poo like Puppet Master and Evil Bong are putting a ton of their movies out for free right now. Treat yourself to some horrible horror garbage.
https://www.fullmoonfeatures.com/

In other news:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

RareAcumen posted:

Because I never saw a single thing about loving that show beforehand, I'm too stubborn to believe that Thundercats was ever popular before people got suddenly invested in the new very cartoony version that was being made and how it was spitting in the face of the first one by its existence.

I had no idea they remade the show. Fuken love the original though :colbert:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Lodin posted:

Full Moon, makers of glorious poo poo like Puppet Master and Evil Bong are putting a ton of their movies out for free right now. Treat yourself to some horrible horror garbage.
https://www.fullmoonfeatures.com/

In other news:

I thought this meme was forbidden?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Lodin posted:

In other news:

lil guy having trouble using the four shells

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Atticus_1354 posted:

It's amazing how much people are having trouble with the concept of a regular 2 bedroom apartment.

https://twitter.com/getkrackinshow/status/1111109509814996992

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Dannywilson posted:

It took a wonderful turn, but you try to tell that to young people of today that and they won't believe you.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Atticus_1354 posted:

I've had two two-bedroom apartments. One had the bathroom accessible in the hallway off the living area, the other had the bathroom split into two rooms, one with the shower/tub, the other the toilet and sink. They were right next to each other, separated by a door. The toilet room opened onto the hallway, the tub room on the master bedroom. Every other apartment I've visited has had its own, different arrangement.

Basically I'm saying I'm not sure what a "regular" two bedroom apartment is because apartment design is weird space. One apartment I looked at had the cable hook-ups in the corner immediately behind the door leading into the apartment and the door leading to the balcony, so if you wanted TV or internet you had to figure out a way to get cables across those walking areas or set up your router on the floor in the shared corner.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Only goons could take what is meant to be a very cheap joke and overanalyse it to the point where they're arguing about whether or not it's bad and wrong for the 2 bedroom apartment in the joke to have an ensuite with a bath tub.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

alexandriao posted:

I watched Megamind recently, or, tried to. I never watched it when it came out so I have no nostalgia. It was insufferable.

Megamind's only virtue is the "PRESENTATION!" scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy2zB8bLSpk

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Megamind has some interesting subtext. But feels like it could have been a lot better if they took it a little further.

I enjoyed Monsters vs Aliens, but it was one movie that 3D actually worked for.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Huh, I watched Monsters V Aliens once, and thought it was kinda terrible. I saw it 2d and there were loads of scenes which seemed 'They put this in to show off in 3d, but it just seems really out of place otherwise' and nothing else really held up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Dannywilson posted:

But allowed for some awesome Monty Python references