Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Color Printer posted:

What happens when you pass out on an island expedition

I'm afraid I already know the answer

you just wake up by the pilot on the dock, it's fine. you don't get sent back or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

The Silver Snail posted:

If you visit someone's island online, you can bring your fruit to them. I've been doling out cherries and rusty oil barrels today.

guys i got oranges: sw-5001-5307-7632

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Johnny Joestar posted:

you just wake up by the pilot on the dock, it's fine. you don't get sent back or anything.

oh thank god. that would be so cruel if it sent you back home lmfao

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i just woke up from some kind of fugue state. there is a pile of fish and bugs next to the future site of blathers' tent. i have been farming nook miles+ for what feels like years. this island is my home now.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Color Printer posted:

What happens when you pass out on an island expedition

I'm afraid I already know the answer

Wilbur steals your money and then flies back.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
What is the most efficient way to grind bells?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

The advanced ranks of Cast Master are literally impossible.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I wanted to make this and I instead made the worst thing I've ever made.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

FBS posted:

The advanced ranks of Cast Master are literally impossible.

I just got this today... if you're having trouble, I found it 1000x easier to catch fish consistently by doing it by sound only. I literally closed my eyes as soon as I saw the fish was gonna approach. If you're looking at it you can psyche yourself out more easily, but if you just do it by sound you won't get tricked. Also, human reaction speed to sound is significantly quicker than to visual data.

Also, only fish in the river, because those fish are easier to catch...

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
I made friends with a ghost and my mom mailed me some foreign fruit today. And tomorrow I wake up to a real house and museum building.

Also koi fish can be caught in ponds and are worth like 4000 bells each whaaat.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

FBS posted:

What's the deal with fruit on Nook Ticket islands, anyway?

I went to at least eight rando islands today, and all but one of them had a mix of my native Apple and regular trees on the grass, and exactly four palm trees on the beach. The exception was one island where EVERY tree on the grass was an orange tree. I left with like forty oranges. And that's the only foreign fruit I saw all day.

No idea, honestly. Like you the few islands I went to only had oranges and coconuts. Though one had bamboo, which I also looted.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

bushisms.txt posted:

Anyone else spend an hour just coming up with your villager name? So stressful. They sure force choices on you early.

I kinda hosed up my dude's name and am still very sad about it (well it's just my nintendo username but then realized I should have made it an actual unique character name. durr!). Really could use a special nook miles reward for name change! I'm going to use the excuse that it was past midnight and I was tired... but I should have thought of the villager name before playing like I did with the island name. alas...

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

I went on 2 trips today, one had Peaches (non native) and the other Cherries (native).

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
I named my island "Atlas" and now I really wish I named it "Alas." :(

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bleck posted:

I wanted to make this and I instead made the worst thing I've ever made.
that's the look of someone who knows what they've done

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

What does the craftable fish bait do? I can't seem to find anything on google.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Dad Jokes posted:

not a native english speaker so sorry if this doesn't help but i think it baits fish

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Dad Jokes posted:

Throw it in the water somewhere and a fish shows up.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I have conquered Tarantula Island

I did not recruit the squirrel

Izzhov posted:

Would you consider the tarantula challenge?

https://twitter.com/mmmossy/status/1241227592830607360

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I very much would! But what's a good way to get the tarantulas to respawn? I caught one and then no more seemed to show up for me...

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Captain Hygiene posted:

Everyone post your style!

I have somehow become Florida Retiree in the last 12 hours

I had this going on for a while when I was too deep in the Nook hole to afford the Photoshop license.

But now that I'm rocking Pro I've moved on to pinker pastures.

I'm digging this look a lot so I'm probably gonna stick with it for a while.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Izzhov posted:

I very much would! But what's a good way to get the tarantulas to respawn? I caught one and then no more seemed to show up for me...

I uh...got lucky? and got a mystery tour island with neverending spawning tarantulas. All I had to do was catch one walk up or down and there would be another one.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
wow lol

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
Also my patented tarantula capture technique is to panic like a moron when one sneaks up on me and catch it accidentally.

https://i.imgur.com/U3WrPme.mp4

Works every time (once).

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Dang. I raided an island for flowers and was super excited to come back to town and flower up the Grotto but apparently picked flowers are just items, can't be planted.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I got a skirt from a balloon and was like "aww man" but then I really wanted to wear it so now I'm completely gender fluid. Changing genders as I get different clothes. This is honestly the best part of this new animal crossing.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Back on my bullshit and time to start handing the final batch of gangtags out.

My first new neighbour is Marina the Octopus!
Construction on the Museum starts tomorrow!
Gotta get the nooklings a bunch of resources to start building the first store!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Aw hell yeah Off the Hook

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Dang. I raided an island for flowers and was super excited to come back to town and flower up the Grotto but apparently picked flowers are just items, can't be planted.

You can shovel up the actual, um, whatever the flower roots are, and then replant them that way.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

Khanstant posted:

If you use the shovel on them they can be re-planted.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Oh God I ended up on an Island that was full of tarantulas :stonk:
catch all of them, they sell for really good money (like, 7 or 8 thousand a pop)

Riven posted:

My four year old ate a bunch of oranges and broke all the rocks in my starting area. Don’t suppose they come back after a time? Don’t love that we share an island right now.
the rocks regenerate, yes!
at a rate of 1 per day :v:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blaziken386 posted:

catch all of them, they sell for really good money (like, 7 or 8 thousand a pop)

the rocks regenerate, yes!
at a rate of 1 per day :v:

I did :v:

I have conquered Tarantula Island

I did not recruit the squirrel

https://twitter.com/mmmossy/status/1241227592830607360

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

gottdam my wife picked this island BARE

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

^burtle posted:

gottdam my wife picked this island BARE

Flip a coin and tell me heads or tails

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Izzhov posted:

Red Snapper sells for 3,000 bells. Been working for me so far.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
Am I missing something about the first day? I thought things would roll over at midnight but nothing has changed at all. If it's sunrise or something then why the hell did it matter than my friend started 3 hours before midnight and I started 1 hour after and he got all his poo poo handled for him right away and I'm still stuck in the day one gutter. Blathers I'm going to kill you.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hihohe posted:

I got a skirt from a balloon and was like "aww man" but then I really wanted to wear it so now I'm completely gender fluid. Changing genders as I get different clothes. This is honestly the best part of this new animal crossing.
:kimchi:

animal crossing is so good y'all

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
I think you'll find the real use for tarantulas is an instant teleport back to your home and that's not just because I keep getting ambushed while on the other side of the island...

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waffle! posted:

Red Snapper sells for 3,000 bells. Been working for me so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KezvwARhBIc&t=39s