Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Do they not know that gasoline evaporates and that it's the vapors that are flammable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

corgski posted:

If those totes are HDPE then they won't melt, but that doesn't solve the ventilation issue there.

They look like Rubbermaid bins, which I believe are flexible polyethylene. Not sure if they're dense enough to be safe with gasoline.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Cojawfee posted:

Do they not know that gasoline evaporates and that it's the vapors that are flammable?

They don't know a lot of things.

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
From one of the recent hurricanes/floods in TX:

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

someone has no doubt tried to use styrofoam coolers for gas and that would be fun to watch

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Number_6 posted:

Let’s talk about this guy’s weird reverse man tits. I’ll start: what’s up with those?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Do you not know what shoulder blades are?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Number_6 posted:

If I remember correctly that wasn't even a hurricane, or at least not one that was affecting him. There was a massive, incredibly stupid and pointless (more so than usual) run on gas here as people just freaked out and panicked.

And it pissed me off because I hadn't been paying to the news at the time so I stopped after work to get gas and was stuck there for 30 minutes because I didn't have enough gas to make it to work the next day.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Let’s talk about this guy’s weird reverse man tits. I’ll start: what’s up with those?

human beings have muscles on their back

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Welcome to the Something Awful forums, Mister Liefeld.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Wow, and you'd lasted up until now without admitting you'd never seen another human being naked.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Cartoon Man posted:

https://i.imgur.com/CebJnPu.mp4

It’s hypnotic and kinda disturbing to watch.

Would somegoon be kind and reverse this clip? I want a car birth video :3:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Jet Jaguar posted:

It's not as if there are regulations on storing gasoline in approved containers only for a reason. Just go hog wild!

https://twitter.com/RyanDeto/status/1241041992513175552

According to the comments following the OP it turned out they have actual gas cans insider the Rubbermaid totes. Why they have gas cans in storage totes is still a mystery, though.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Nenonen posted:

Would somegoon be kind and reverse this clip? I want a car birth video :3:

i hear you can commission that on deviantart

ili
Jul 26, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/Adftl1U.mp4

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Kith posted:

i hear you can commission that on deviantart

Okay, I did that and now we'll just wait for someone to draw my picture of a Chevrolet Express giving birth to a Fiat Panda.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

According to the comments following the OP it turned out they have actual gas cans insider the Rubbermaid totes. Why they have gas cans in storage totes is still a mystery, though.

Easier to transport, traps some vapor, and protects your vehicle from small spills.

It went being an incredibly stupid idea (filling rubbermaid tubs with gas) to a smart idea.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s harder to lift and secure the fuel containers when they’re inside the tubs, risking spills.

Whatever containment of vapour they provide is not worth the potential added to static electrical buildup.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

now i truly understand the phrase "i know it when i see it"

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
efb

Splode fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Mar 21, 2020

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

The miracle of life!

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

I'm listening to big black while watching this and it is absolutely the correct soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8C14NGeloI

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
okay now stabilize the video

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cannon Popcorn maker

https://i.imgur.com/k1mproZ.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/f6Gf4QZ.gifv
https://i.imgur.com/WMWUqva.gifv

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

jetz0r posted:

Easier to transport, traps some vapor, and protects your vehicle from small spills.

It went being an incredibly stupid idea (filling rubbermaid tubs with gas) to a smart idea.

Couldn’t the plastic to plastic increase the risk of static electricity? When I unstack those rubber made containers usually there’s a static charge in the sides of them.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I'd rather have a clear path to ground at every step of the process. But you're losing that anyway chucking them in the trunk so I wouldn't hyperfocus at that step of the process. Go ahead and throw them in totes when transporting or storing I guess if you must.

You absolutely must have a clear path to ground when filling so keeping them in the tote when filling is irresponsible if they haven't rigged up grounding wires and fat chance of that. This kind of short circuits any ideas about making it easier to put back in the trunk because you need to load the tote first, then only load it into the car.

CollegeCop
Jul 11, 2005

You're right. I'm not a real cop. Those are imaginary handcuffs. And in a minute, we'll be going to the make-believe jail.

Cartoon Man posted:

This being the OSHA thread, when the car got hung up for a bit at the firewall, I full expected someone to run up and give it a kick to get it moving again. Or at least push it with a stick.

Disappointing.

CollegeCop fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Mar 21, 2020

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/2udtfPh.gifv
:stonklol:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

I mean good reflexes I guess but that truck has no business going that fast past a stopped bus to begin with, and the bus driver should never let kids cross behind his vehicle.

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

evil_bunnY posted:

I mean good reflexes I guess but that truck has no business going that fast past a stopped bus to begin with, and the bus driver should never let kids cross behind his vehicle.

What's the bus driver going to do? Reverse?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

LookieLoo posted:

What's the bus driver going to do? Reverse?

Yell at the kids to wait until the bus leaves before trying to cross.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Jabor posted:

Yell at the kids to wait until the bus leaves before trying to cross.

tbf that doesn't look like a school bus, the driver probably hasn't been trained or have the experience to know just how stupid kids can be

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Maybe teach your kids to look both ways before crossing the street?

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

It is a school bus, in that Norway just rents space on bus routes for kids to go to\from school.
Too many spread out kids to warrant dedicated routes in almost every case.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

wow, 3D printing has come a long way since I last looked at it.

Also;

a good job this truck had a slow-cyclist-nudger installed or it could have been a lot worse.

edit:

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 21, 2020

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Wasabi the J posted:

I don't know if we need to start doing this. She or any of us might.

You're right. Thanks for the sanity check (sincerely).

Thread relevant content: My property management company sent their usual handyman to replace some aging smoke detectors a couple months back.

It's maybe hard to tell, but homeboy is wearing socks, which may actually be the better option when perching on the top rail of a folding metal stepstool? This poor guy is frequently in over his head when he has to fix things in my unit, and I worry about him.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

SubNat posted:

It is a school bus, in that Norway just rents space on bus routes for kids to go to\from school.
Too many spread out kids to warrant dedicated routes in almost every case.

Yeah I think one of the few things America does well is having kids get off school buses and cross the street in front of the bus before the bus leaves. Bus stopped = red flashing lights and it's illegal to go around them when the lights are on.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

tangy yet delightful posted:

Yeah I think one of the few things America does well is having kids get off school buses and cross the street in front of the bus before the bus leaves. Bus stopped = red flashing lights and it's illegal to go around them when the lights are on.

It's illegal unless you're really in a hurry, then it's totally fine to blow through while the bus driver honks to signify that they know you're very important.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

It's illegal unless you're really in a hurry, then it's totally fine to blow through while the bus driver honks to signify that they know you're very important.
I mean the US lose 30k people to traffic deaths nobody gives a single poo poo. The only thing I'd drive there is a hilux with an exocage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

It's maybe hard to tell, but homeboy is wearing socks, which may actually be the better option when perching on the top rail of a folding metal stepstool? This poor guy is frequently in over his head when he has to fix things in my unit, and I worry about him.

What he needs is a 6ft ladder that isn't home garbage. what he has now should only be used to help grandma get soup cans off the top shelf.