Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

https://www.is.fi/kotimaa/art-2000006446173.html

quote:

YK: Suomi on maailman onnellisin maa – jo kolmannen kerran peräkkäin

Suomi on kolmatta vuotta peräkkäin maailman onnellisin maa, käy ilmi YK:n onnellisuusraportista. Tanska piti kakkossijan toisena vuonna peräkkäin, ja kolmossijalle nousi Sveitsi. Viime vuoden kolmonen Norja sijoittui nyt viidenneksi.

Poijjaat nyt myö tehtiin se taas, Suomi on uusi maailmanmestari

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Sulphagnist posted:

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-11265991

This rules, the nurses have the employer side over the barrel right now and there's never been more goodwill for nurses as a group. Perfect timing to renegotiate those salaries.

Nurses can be forced to work by law or face fines, maybe even jail? Why would anyone give them salay increases? During last 10+ year bull market there wasn't any money for increases, why there would be in depression? Nurses are just dreaming... luckily that is free.

(I am also a nurse)

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Ruflux posted:

https://www.is.fi/kotimaa/art-2000006446173.html

Poijjaat nyt myö tehtiin se taas, Suomi on uusi maailmanmestari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnWYCIFTKS0

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ihmemies posted:

Nurses can be forced to work by law or face fines, maybe even jail? Why would anyone give them salay increases? During last 10+ year bull market there wasn't any money for increases, why there would be in depression? Nurses are just dreaming... luckily that is free.

(I am also a nurse)

(According to research) nurses tend to vote Kokoomus so most of them are just loving themselves over over and over again.

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you
Anecdotal but many nurses hold conservative values and many of them are/were old as gently caress. Saying that, it never stops to amaze me kokoomus of all parties would be the favorite. Though persut might be the flavor of the electoral year this time around

(also works in healthcare)

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ihmemies posted:

(I am also a nurse)

Do you really think that they'd start jailing nurses in the middle of a pandemic?

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you
Might also just be the backwater hicksville I live in

Edit:

Cerebral Bore posted:

Do you really think that they'd start jailing nurses in the middle of a pandemic?

Rather than pay them more? Search your feelings and the answer will come to you

Golden Gate Bride fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Mar 20, 2020

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Näin koronan keskellä päätin etsiä lisää ilouutisia, nimittäin polttoaine on ennätyshalpaa, lisää laskua luvassa

I'm not sure what that'll do to this whole "let's reduce CO2 emissions from traffic" thing though, but hey bensa kerrankin halpaa vois ostaa siitä ilosta vaikken edes omista autoa.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Golden Gate Bride posted:

Anecdotal but many nurses hold conservative values and many of them are/were old as gently caress. Saying that, it never stops to amaze me kokoomus of all parties would be the favorite. Though persut might be the flavor of the electoral year this time around

Regarding the matter at hand, Rudimentary Finns are Kokoomus as they equal if not surpass them in right-wing policy when it comes to human rights* and, well, not wanting to pay workers literally anything for working. Pointdexter Baldhitler is pretty much a Kokoomus hobgoblin with ovens.

*) Labour rights are human rights

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ruflux posted:

Näin koronan keskellä päätin etsiä lisää ilouutisia, nimittäin polttoaine on ennätyshalpaa, lisää laskua luvassa

I'm not sure what that'll do to this whole "let's reduce CO2 emissions from traffic" thing though, but hey bensa kerrankin halpaa vois ostaa siitä ilosta vaikken edes omista autoa.

Gonna start huffin' gently caress yeah!

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Ruflux posted:

Tarvit bensaa kuitenkin luokkasodassa molotovin tekemiseen.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Kyllä nyt harmittaa Teukan puolesta kun rajatkin laitettiin kiinni eikä Teukka saa morsmaikkuaan Suomeen :(

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Triple A posted:

se äijä on aivan liian kiltti jenkkipolitiikkaan, mokoman pitäis koko ajan agressiivisesti pistää hanttiin ja vittuilla sille fossiilille mitä se puolue väkisin pistää ehdokkaaksi

jos se puolue vittuilee takasin, hänen pitäisi pyytää kaikkia kannattajia äänestämään vaikka vihreitä koska on selkeää että heitä kiinnostaa vain status quo

Yep. Other politicians would kill their grandmas to have Bernie's opponents.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Ihmemies posted:

(I am also a nurse)

This quickly turns into "why the gently caress would I want to work as a nurse or study to become one if the government can treat me like slave labour and pay me a pittance". You can't have a permanent underclass of highly-qualified and educated workers who are essential to society functioning. It's not going to work. The fact that you are also legally obligated to work as a healthcare professional in an emergency means you should be paid even more.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ehdotin puubissa että kaikki maanpetturit tapetaan mutta persut eivät halunneet.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju1Iom1Vc6g

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Yllättävän hyvää. Nyt kansakunta nousuun!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
The detected corona virus cases are more or less in control in most areas, but the only area that is spiralling out of control is the Helsinki-Uusimaa hospital region. Today it was revealed that there were 53 cases of infection from that region alone. Prime minister Marin (SDP) has revealed that she is prepared to quarantine Helsinki-Uusimaa from the rest of the country if things go from bad to worse.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Prime minister Marin (SDP) has revealed that she is prepared to quarantine Helsinki-Uusimaa from the rest of the country if things go from bad to worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Prime minister Marin (SDP) has revealed that she is prepared to quarantine Helsinki-Uusimaa from the rest of the country if things go from bad to worse.

No löysiväthän vihdoin jotain mikä mielyttää sekä stadia että böndeä samaan aikaan.

tervamaha
May 31, 2011

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Finally that hive of scum and villainy can be put into its place. :smuggo:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

So does this just tell us Pietari Oblast is doing more testing than other areas?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

So does this just tell us Pietari Oblast is doing more testing than other areas?

No because we are already testing only the really bad cases. If the other areas aren't getting many of those bad cases to test, it stands to reason that they just aren't getting that many infections in the first place.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oh. In that case, BUILD THE WALL!

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Given population density and the infections arriving originally through foreign travel it makes perfect sense for it to be concentrated in the Helsinki region and I am a little surprised they haven't separately quarantined the area already. It would allow less urgent patients to be transferred to regional hospitals when the HUS hospitals start getting full.

The long distance between Helsinki and the rest of the country compared to other Nordic countries, and the only major airport being in Helsinki, probably explains why it has spread relatively slowly here.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The barbershop was closed :( I fully understand why they'd do that but also I really need a haircut. Time for the old autobuzz-cut I guess.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Everyone's gonna come out of this with buzzcuts and either totally ripped or with horrible liver damage.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
When this is over we will all look like road warriors.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

bloom posted:

Everyone's gonna come out of this with buzzcuts and either totally ripped or with horrible liver damage.

Jaa mää vai

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Nenonen posted:

When this is over we will all look like road warriors.

I have been thinking someting like Cundalini, although you can't see his majestic all red gear in this picture.

Or Fifi Macaffee

Humungus would be obvious choice, but I'm not beefy enogh.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Summer 2020 look

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Eka kuollut R.I.P. kaikki

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Juon skumppaa Humpparissa joku UB-äiä on päässyt vankilasta äöäöäööäöäääääöööö

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

bloom posted:

Miksei molemmat

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Juon skumppaa Humpparissa joku UB-äiä on päässyt vankilasta äöäöäööäöäääääöööö

Why aren't the bars closed yet?

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Ja mitä vittua jerryn nimelle tapahtu.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm stairs.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Why should they? We went to Harald (we had a gift card from Christmas that we wanted to use up before apocalypse) and there were three couples at most present in a restaurant that could serve probably 80 people. I haven't been to a pub during this thing but I can't imagine it being much different in most places.

Pubs should be allowed to be open provided that a) they have a bouncer and limit the number of customers so they are not crowded, b) they take care of hygiene and c) they kick out anyone who gets too wasted. Otherwise people who can't go to bars will just gather to party in private residences which would be far worse, unless we also enforce a curfew.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Also unless the state is willing to cover for every single bar and most restaurants, the whole field and everyone who works in it is going to be completely hosed by this. A lot of them already are just by people naturally staying at home, but if they're forced to close everything that isn't s-ketju is done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

matti
Mar 31, 2019

saa käydä päiväkaljalla lähiösi kuppilassa