Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Have we really gone on with this poo poo so long that we are doing callbacks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Milo and POTUS posted:

When was the virus first mentioned in the CE threads? January for certain but maybe late december?

Earliest I can find so far is a post from January 6th linking this article

A SOF Marine
May 29, 2013

bloops posted:

Question: do deployed sub crews know what the gently caress is going on at the moment?

Heh

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Instead of giving it directly to unemployed workers because .....

Well, this particular case was for people employed by the airlines. The airlines that will not be able to meet their payroll obligations due to the decreased flight traffic due to the virus.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

He...he brags that he knows the senators.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
He really fuckin needs glasses

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

bloops posted:

Question: do deployed sub crews know what the gently caress is going on at the moment?

:nsa:

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Now with 25% more kimchee.
Whole lotta lefties here. Surprising since we’re all military goons. Is anyone here planning on voting for Trump? I probably will. I voted the Johnson last time because I knew Trump was winning my state. I’ve been getting more and more right wing the more my net worth goes up. I’m hoping the Republicans are able to redirect to get more millennials and minorities on board. Eventually they have to realize racism is not a long term winning strategy.

But that’s something to worry about later. I’m adjusting to almost everything being closed for the foreseeable future. Considering I spent a year each in Iraq and Afghanistan, this won’t be the worst living conditions I’ve had to endure. Hope you all make the most out of these preventative measures.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

SimonCat posted:

Well, this particular case was for people employed by the airlines. The airlines that will not be able to meet their payroll obligations due to the decreased flight traffic due to the virus.

Right, so why launder the money through the airline? Just cut checks to workers. Giving it to the airlines just means the same public money will disproportionately go to higher income workers.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

7/10

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Crazy Mike posted:

Eventually they have to realize racism is not a long term winning strategy.

Seems to be panning out alright for them?

edit: Since the Southern Strategy in what the mid 60's?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Crazy Mike posted:

Whole lotta lefties here. Surprising since we’re all military goons. Is anyone here planning on voting for Trump? I probably will. I voted the Johnson last time because I knew Trump was winning my state. I’ve been getting more and more right wing the more my net worth goes up. I’m hoping the Republicans are able to redirect to get more millennials and minorities on board. Eventually they have to realize racism is not a long term winning strategy.

But that’s something to worry about later. I’m adjusting to almost everything being closed for the foreseeable future. Considering I spent a year each in Iraq and Afghanistan, this won’t be the worst living conditions I’ve had to endure. Hope you all make the most out of these preventative measures.

Too on the nose.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Title? I dont need no stinkin' Title

Crazy Mike posted:

Nice try.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Woa this mike guy is crazy

DAS Super!
Jul 26, 2007
You should probably pay more attention to your log.
/
:backtowork:

I honestly don't know what funnier, the fact that Newsmax still exist or the fact that Trump completely didn't recognize Spencer.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
He cant see that far, and he doesnt listen

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

DAS Super! posted:

I honestly don't know what funnier, the fact that Newsmax still exist or the fact that Trump completely didn't recognize Spencer.

Why would he recognize the coffee boy? They never even met!

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Now with 25% more kimchee.

Defenestrategy posted:

Seems to be panning out alright for them?

edit: Since the Southern Strategy in what the mid 60's?

Yeah but there’s got to be diminishing returns now that blatant racism is no longer tolerated. The racists will vote for you anyways, might as well try to get a chunk of the conservative minorities.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

bloops posted:

Yes, by many means, but at a minimum because subs are some of the worlds most sophisticated passive information collection tools ever built

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Crazy Mike posted:

fifteen years on SA and you can't do better? for shame

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Lazy mike

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Crazy Mike posted:

source you are quotes

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Reading through reports about the Great White Fleet shows that there were far more potato-related crises than you'd expect.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
One would figure the problem would be too few potatoes

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

shame on an IGA posted:

Ok I'm really pissed at the coronavirus now because my dick dad finally died and I can't even high-five anyone

Hey congrats! I’ve been waiting for my dad to die for decades!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Milo and POTUS posted:

One would figure the problem would be too few potatoes

That was indeed the problem. They kept going bad in the tropical latitudes or after getting doused with seawater, leading to the poor fleet pay inspector having to regularly arrange to buy thousands of pounds of potatoes at the various major ports the fleet visited. Meanwhile they had substantial stocks of dehydrated potatoes but the sailors hated them and wouldn't eat them.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
https://twitter.com/ShaneGoldmacher/status/1241186321231642624?s=19

Same person maxed out to Joe Arpaio's 2018 Senate campaign lmao

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's bizarre considering she donates to a ton of progressive candidates otherwise, but yep, $2700 to Joe arpaio for some reason.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Slim Pickens posted:

That's bizarre considering she donates to a ton of progressive candidates otherwise, but yep, $2700 to Joe arpaio for some reason.

My aunt who is pretty drat dem didn't know about the crazy poo poo joe did and thought he was an ok dude because he put prisoners in pink jumpsuits.

family, man.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Crazy Ivan

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

https://mobile.twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1241072309609299970

https://mobile.twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1241045460049149958

e: https://twitter.com/AriBerman/status/1240819720523100161

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Mar 21, 2020

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

quote:

Every time we begin to recover, this idiot dumps on us.

Someone tell Bill Mitchell to turn on his monitor.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Kenny Rodgers died

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
2020: The survivors will envy the dead.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Syrian Lannister posted:

Kenny Rodgers died

Picked a good time to fold 'em and walk away.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I don't know how to embed imgur videos, but have a public address vehicle rolling through my neighborhood enforcing the curfew.

https://imgur.com/a/FctJlIQ

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://i.imgur.com/okXOecp.mp4

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Proud Christian Mom posted:

https://twitter.com/ShaneGoldmacher/status/1241186321231642624?s=19

Same person maxed out to Joe Arpaio's 2018 Senate campaign lmao

She's married to Steve Jurvetson, a venture capitalist who goes back with Ole Musky at SpaceX and Tesla.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Picked a good time to fold 'em and walk away.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

...is there supposed to be sound?