Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Seedge posted:

So, I went to my island as Seedge. My partner is now on the island with a second villager.

She can't seem to present Tom with any bugs or fish so we can get the museum. Does that have to be done with Seedge as they're the main villager?

Yessir. P2 can do nothing substantial in local play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Frankston posted:

My 4 year old was having a blast making my character run around and vault over the rivers, so I made her her own character to play. Only problem is her new character has no items herself. Is there a way I can send her items instead of logging in with her character and grinding for a bunch of stuff on her account? I started a local co-op session but when I dropped an item and she picked it up it just poofed out of her hand and went straight to that box in the Nook tent. Would mailing items to her work?

Mail would almost certainly work, or you could just drop stuff on the ground with your character, save&quit, then switch to her character and pick it up.

EZgrease
Oct 21, 2004

Cast Master is so nerve-wracking for such a chill game.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Anyone in the UK / EU wanna do some island showcasing with me today? I'm determined to visit other islands and it would be cool seeing what you've all made.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

How does the visiting islands thing work? If I go to the airport and hit invite all switch friends, does that physically send invites to them, or does it just make the island now accessible to any current and future switch friends?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

a7m2 posted:

i flew to three islands today and all had apples and tulips. just bad luck?

as far as i can tell, most islands will have the same fruit and flowers as your island's native fruits and flowers, with a much smaller percentage having fruits and flowers that are not native to your island.

EZgrease posted:

Cast Master is so nerve-wracking for such a chill game.

i've gotten past 50 twice now only to gently caress it up shortly after. i do not think i will ever get to 100 unless i just like, gather a bunch of bait and fish in ponds like a scrublord :negative:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
>wow ive never seen this seashell before what is it!
>weed i threw on the beach an hour ago

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

What does bait do?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Frankston posted:

What does bait do?

Toss it in the water and a fish will appear.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

jivjov posted:

Day rollover is 5am local

Sweet! I read this just in time :smug:

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Meridian posted:

Yessir. P2 can do nothing substantial in local play.

It's not local play, I mean. She's playing with her villager right now when I'm not. She logged in with her user, and she's just now getting her house.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Seedge posted:

It's not local play, I mean. She's playing with her villager right now when I'm not. She logged in with her user, and she's just now getting her house.

She unfortunately will not be able to do much until you get the town somewhat established. It's dumb.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

gulliver sent me a calavera mask for helping him yesterday :eyepop:

now i gotta figure out a whole 'fit to go with it

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Any idea what these star pieces are that washed ashore, keep or sell?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Hihohe posted:

Any idea what these star pieces are that washed ashore, keep or sell?
Definitely keep. Plonk em in storage for now.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Oh yknow what? I wished upon 2 stars last night and 2 star pieces washed ashore. They gotta be used for something.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Glad I decided to buy this game after all. First day went pretty well!

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

when you wake up ten minutes before work starts

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ah crap i didn't realize it'd take blathers two days to build the museum

guess my giant collection of bugs and fish sitting next to my house will just keep growing, though i think i have nearly everything i can catch this time of year at this point

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

jackhunter64 posted:

when you wake up ten minutes before work starts

Every day, these days.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

ah crap i didn't realize it'd take blathers two days to build the museum

guess my giant collection of bugs and fish sitting next to my house will just keep growing, though i think i have nearly everything i can catch this time of year at this point

that's what i thought and then i pulled up an oarfish that nearly gave me a god d***ed heart attack

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
can i raid other islands for collectables or am i pretty much limited to looking around?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Robo Reagan posted:

can i raid other islands for collectables or am i pretty much limited to looking around?

The Nookticket tours are basically made for looting the entire island then never returning.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
They probably mean other people's islands. I've only been to best friends' islands so I don't know how normal friends work, but as best friends, you can pick up and drop items, loot rocks and trees, and chop down/shovel trees. You can't place or take furniture. Haven't tried other interactions.

Also, haven't found any way for one person to give another person something that Blathers collects, but I think that may have been the case in the previous games too.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Think I've done all the day 3 questing and it's only 9 am. I'll do some tours and stuff later for bells but been playing off and on since like 7 pm last night so I think I need a break.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

lmao this was actually a funny enough surprise that i kind of want to spoiler tag it

if you catch a boot while fishing your character goes 'hey this gives me a new DIY idea' and it's just if you have two boots you can make a pair of boots to wear

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

lmao this was actually a funny enough surprise that i kind of want to spoiler tag it

if you catch a boot while fishing your character goes 'hey this gives me a new DIY idea' and it's just if you have two boots you can make a pair of boots to wear

The tire just gives you a tire toy. You just put the tire on the ground and now it's a toy.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

LODGE NORTH posted:

The tire just gives you a tire toy. You just put the tire on the ground and now it's a toy.
the can becomes a planter for flowers

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hey so this is total speculation but the first 3 villagers you can recruit are

Peppy
Normal
Lazy

When you can go on island adventures you'll run into someone from those pools no matter what. You will always pull one of them. They'll say they'll move in but they are lying to you and you need to set it up so 3 are moving in at once. The next day Nook will tell you he hosed up and you need to build houses for 3 people and give you specific tasks that those three personalities would like. When you finish building their houses (Gather a poo poo ton of matts and 20 native fruit) he'll finally let them start moving in. You have to complete that entire """quest"" line to even get them to show up.

It's how I spent my morning anyway

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

DACK FAYDEN posted:

the can becomes a planter for flowers

For me, it became a recipe for a tiny piano. That's pretty cool if there are random variations for different players.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

LODGE NORTH posted:

the can gives you a 'succulent plant', aka just shoving 10 weeds in a can. It owns.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

LODGE NORTH posted:

once you've caught a third tire you get a new diy recipe to make...a stack of 3 tires

The White Dragon posted:

that's what i thought and then i pulled up an oarfish that nearly gave me a god d***ed heart attack

yeah that's one of the four fish i have left to catch. i have all the bugs.

or rather, i have almost all the fish and bugs from the northern hemisphere for this time of year. maybe it's time i took a trip to a southern hemisphere goon's island :getin:

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Mar 21, 2020

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Help:

Trying to plant some trees and I need to know the minimum distance for them to grow properly (fruit or otherwise)

is it:

TxT

or:

TxxT

Or even farther?

Squidtamer DA
Jun 3, 2007
Squirts ink when provoked
Gulliver showed up on my island.

https://twitter.com/SquidtamerDA/status/1241353861677215745

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
never before have I had a problem with Tom Nook but now.... now I feel so betrayed I don't even have words... :negative:

I was asked to pick out plots of land for my new neighbors, labelled 1 through 3 and I assumed that it was the same order I invited them in so I made my favorite new villager my neighbor. Turns out, the labelling was arbitrary and they got randomized and instead of the amazing neighbor I was expecting I got the villager I only invited because I needed 3 people :cry:

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I put my new 3 houses on the part of the island over the river. Was that a mistake? who knows.

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

I primarily play together with my wife and I think the Island Ichthyologist and Bugs Don't Bug Me are only counting when the leader catches something new. We both definitely have more entries in our Critterpedia than are being tracked on Nook Miles. I'm hoping this is a bug that can be fixed, otherwise the completionist in me is going to be sad if I can't get the last stamp. Anybody else notice this?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Football fish functions as a lamp
https://twitter.com/NitroRad/status/1241153115765657601?s=19

That is all

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
I gave Blathers a crucian carp and he mentioned that he tried to grow a mustache once. I now need to figure out how to put a mustache on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Mokinokaro posted:

She unfortunately will not be able to do much until you get the town somewhat established. It's dumb.

That is dumb. Given she wants to play for the day, I shall tell her to play as me for a while, so.