Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I want it done, and I want it done right Mneoww!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Introducing the abu dhaburrito

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

Akratic Method posted:

Just want to say, if you watched this without sound, go back and experience how bad the music is.

Killingyouguy! posted:

I knew I'd heard this song somewhere. I was trying to place it.
Then I realized.
It's the BGM from the """AR""" game in the app.

Which they're apparently since removed!

e: also they've added the word 'Lazy' to every instance of 'Login' in the app. It's always referred to as 'Lazy Login' now.

This trigged some sort of a Vietnam PTSD flashback in me and turns out that this is actually the BGM from a Garfield.com hosted flash game I haven't thought about since 2002. Somebody uploaded the contents to youtube: https://youtu.be/z3DuYrIUzq8

A coincidence or evidence as to how intricately the Garfield Eats Cinematic Universe is crafted and how Nathen foreshadowed his plans nearly 20 years ago? You decide.

PS1 Hagrid fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Mar 10, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
garf = garf

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Settle down, Ayn Rand.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

really rather #steamed that at no point do I recall being offered the #opportunity to make a #fanvestment

also Nathen evidently thinks Chex Mix is a breakfast cereal

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Fanvest in entergagement for the consusers!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Pastry of the Year posted:

really rather #steamed that at no point do I recall being offered the #opportunity to make a #fanvestment

Pretzels and rye chips doused in milk and are an essential part of a balanced breakfast

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Why is fruity bites listed twice, is he trying to influence the #fanvestors?

Also, what is his obsession with terrible portmanteaus?

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Some people prefer a savory breakfast

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

pseudanonymous posted:

Also, what is his obsession with terrible portmanteaus?
I thought the working theory was #schizophrentergagementablishmentarianism

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

I have a real high disgust threshold generally, buy the idea of a salted pretzel in milk is really stomach-churning. Is this a Canadian thing?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Disco Pope posted:

I have a real high disgust threshold generally, buy the idea of a salted pretzel in milk is really stomach-churning. Is this a Canadian thing?

It most assuredly is not. It's a "mentally ill Saudi failson" thing. Speaking of, it's wild that Nathen hasn't hired a social media guy and all these posts still read in slightly awkward ESL.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
having a cereal of which part is salted pretzels is probably pretty good and easily would be the least disgusting thing on the menu

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

There appear to be Pringle’s in there too. Yum

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

“We can do better than the 80s and 90s.”

Get this man a leadership position in the Democratic Party, IMO.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Disco Pope posted:

Is this a Canadian thing?

Hell no! Just because we made ample toppings a thing on poutine (you're welcome, world!) doesn't mean we scrape the bottom of the junk food barrel! Like, say, putting a KFC breast between a sliced glazed doughnut.

(Though other Canadian kids probably remember the moment when chips-in-milk-as-cereal was a sight gag in that episode of The Raccoons where Bert was trying to win the bike.)

Sailor Cat
Aug 28, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agent Escalus posted:

Hell no! Just because we made ample toppings a thing on poutine (you're welcome, world!) doesn't mean we scrape the bottom of the junk food barrel! Like, say, putting a KFC breast between a sliced glazed doughnut.

(Though other Canadian kids probably remember the moment when chips-in-milk-as-cereal was a sight gag in that episode of The Raccoons where Bert was trying to win the bike.)

Oh, man, The Raccoons. Living next to Canada afforded me some sweet CBC programming growing up; that's how I was introduced to Kids in the Hall in middle school.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Mordja posted:

It most assuredly is not. It's a "mentally ill Saudi failson" thing. Speaking of, it's wild that Nathen hasn't hired a social media guy and all these posts still read in slightly awkward ESL.

nathen speaks fluent english as it is his first language, unfortunately

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSapp/status/1239742774695596034
:eyepop:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Good news, Capitalism, you fall under the "immune" category

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Lol wow.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Someone post a Yelp review that they got cornoavirus at Garfield Eats and cause Nathen to have a meltdown.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Leave Timmy and Chucky outta this Nathen! :argh:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Holy poo poo this reply

https://twitter.com/thot4goon/status/1239764176538484736

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

There isn't a :stare: big enough.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Sailor Cat posted:

Oh, man, The Raccoons. Living next to Canada afforded me some sweet CBC programming growing up; that's how I was introduced to Kids in the Hall in middle school.

We got the Raccoons in the UK too. I always liked when my dad would return from a business trip and give me salted pretzel in milk and watch 'The Raccoons'

That is why I am opening worlds first Raccoons Salted Pretzel in milk entergagement experience.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Knormal posted:

Someone post a Yelp review that they got cornoavirus at Garfield Eats and cause Nathen to have a meltdown.

i think there's actually legal ramifications for falsely claiming infection, so, make sure to use incognito mode when you do it.

kare
Mar 19, 2002

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

i think there's actually legal ramifications for falsely claiming infection, so, make sure to use incognito mode when you do it.

My sarcasm detector is broken so I can't tell if this is legal advice. IANAL but I'm afraid this is not how incognito mode works

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

you dont need to assassinate his business on yelp, nobody goes there

for 1 year i have walked by this place every single day

and ive only ever seen 1 customer

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The Garfield Eats App Store originated social distancing by creating a place nobody would want to go, quite humanitarian really

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

COVID-19 ruined my plans to become the first human to ever go to GarfieldEATS a second time

This virus ends lives but saves souls

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
:fireman:

This is Nathen's genius - a business that never had any customers to start with is completely unaffected by the pandemic. Last Garf standing will take it all.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
It's so interesting how growing up with all your needs met and never being held responsible leads to people being so blind to morality that they will actually use a world crisis killing thousands to promote their business. Reminds me of another guy I know (and you have heard of, too, probably) who just has no qualms with breaking a bunch of laws while complaining that his rights are always being violated.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
im just hanging out across the street from, whatever, some successful pizzaria, just softly singing its name under my breath

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

:vince:

E: lol Nathen deleted the original tweet

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
what tweet say

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Public Health Announcemertisement, as above saying "Cartoons are always immune" and a reference to the coronavirus

I don't know what he was trying to communicate with that and apparently neither did the world

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Nathen's instagram story has gone off the fuckin rails :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Good to know what my step brother probably believes about this.