Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

So the counter of 21 hours or whatever overwrites the "released" text.

God what a dumpster fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
supposedly theres been an influx of refund requests begging for any money back on their accounts. Policy is to send out their standard refund email or not respond at all

ship market is dead, with sellers at OBOs not getting any takers. the whole house of worthless jpgs has fallen overnight

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Quavers posted:

:reddit: 3.9 PTU Prison Release Timers Courtesy of SCLeaks

:lol::lol:

Is this real world time or magic space time?

If real world time then LOL.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quavers posted:

So one of the exciting gameplay systems is mining, yet the punishment for crimes is mining too. How fun!

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

trucutru posted:

So one of the exciting gameplay systems is mining, yet the punishment for crimes is mining too. How fun!

A win/win!!

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

We’ll find out after all these long and confusing years that the inevitable consequence of piracy is mining.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Look, if someone tries to mine things where I have a hot space mine claim they need to sit around 2+ hours.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Quavers posted:

Is that actual in game hours? 21 hours in one of those screenshots?

Holy poo poo, apart from the crazies, that's not going to go down well with most. It will just encourage AFK gaming and outright ragequitting in some cases.

I can imagine what the crazies are saying though "This is great, i'll spend my time in prison making contact with other criminals where we will plan our next adventure upon release"

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Most of my work is with independent music venues and festivals, ask me how my week has been

Museums and castles. High five! (with 2 meters between us)

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
Actually prison gameplay makes a lot of sense. Eventually the only way to get someone to play Star Citizen will be to imprison them.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Never been done before :toot:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Star citizen : Lurking in the shadows with dust on my mind.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Please remember to wash your parents and call your hands everyone

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Hav posted:

We’ll find out after all these long and confusing years that the inevitable consequence of piracy is mining.

If you mine, can you build up enough merits so that you have a life of crime?
Just asking because I really don't expect an answer.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

his nibs posted:

Please remember to wash your parents and call your hands everyone

I call my hand everyday :wink:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Dogeh posted:

If you mine, can you build up enough merits so that you have a life of crime?
Just asking because I really don't expect an answer.

A two tier system of justice split between knowing what gneiss is. Miners rule the roost in the hoosegows of not Space Rome. Gotta have enough snout and be able to carry a harmony with some burly men.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Agony Aunt posted:

Is that actual in game hours? 21 hours in one of those screenshots?

Holy poo poo, apart from the crazies, that's not going to go down well with most. It will just encourage AFK gaming and outright ragequitting in some cases.

I can imagine what the crazies are saying though "This is great, i'll spend my time in prison making contact with other criminals where we will plan our next adventure upon release"

Don't worry, there is but a single prison layout and the steps to escape are already known, you just have to follow them and ta-dah! you're free (in reality the game bugs out but whatever). So you do the space crime, get sent to space prison, do the space escape, and repeat.

Everything is well planned.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

trucutru posted:

Roberts, is that you?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

trucutru posted:

Don't worry, there is but a single prison layout and the steps to escape are already known, you just have to follow them and ta-dah! you're free (in reality the game bugs out but whatever). So you do the space crime, get sent to space prison, do the space escape, and repeat.

If I'd spent 500 bucks for a space game and within a half hour of playing found myself in a prison because I'd hovered over the wrong pad or taken the wrong generic mission text, and the timer said 21 hours to release, I would never discover the secret escape route because I'd have quit so loving fast there would be a smoking crater in my SSD where the game used to be.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Quavers posted:

Hey, reskinning the Crysis weapon attachment overlay is a big accomplishment. Doing it at this level of fidelity takes years and costs millions of dollars no matter who you are.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Quavers posted:

oh my god are they actually going through with this
what are they thinking

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
That they can offer pardons and bailouts through microtransactions? With what some of these whales have already thrown away, what's a little more to get rid of prison time.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sarsapariller posted:

If I'd spent 500 bucks for a space game and within a half hour of playing found myself in a prison because I'd hovered over the wrong pad or taken the wrong generic mission text, and the timer said 21 hours to release, I would never discover the secret escape route because I'd have quit so loving fast there would be a smoking crater in my SSD where the game used to be.

500 bucks? You sound like a poor.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
A wage slave plebe scrub if you will.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
But in all seriousness it'll be fun to read the reddit after this pile of poo poo is dumped on them. They are always talking about fidelity this and fidelity that and how it is truly indispensable for space travel to take a shitload of time because my immersion and the economy and all that crap. And yet, in the same game, when you don't yield properly at the space highway and the space cops catch your rear end (there is no way to avoid them) they just teleport your immersive rear end into a goddamn prison a few billion km away in planet bunghole. It'll be fun to hear logicalchimp or any of the other shills explain how this was always planned and so on.

The fidelity of 21 hour prison sentences for murder in the first degree.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
That’s a good point. They should handcuff you and transport you to the prison in real time.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

trucutru posted:

But in all seriousness it'll be fun to read the reddit after this pile of poo poo is dumped on them. They are always talking about fidelity this and fidelity that and how it is truly indispensable for space travel to take a shitload of time because my immersion and the economy and all that crap. And yet, in the same game, when you don't yield properly at the space highway and the space cops catch your rear end (there is no way to avoid them) they just teleport your immersive rear end into a goddamn prison a few billion km away in planet bunghole. It'll be fun to hear logicalchimp or any of the other shills explain how this was always planned and so on.

The fidelity of 21 hour prison sentences for murder in the first degree.

:smuggo: :smuggo: Don't do the crime if you can't do the time... :smuggo: :smuggo:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Ball gag restraints - $1999

This item alone funds CIG for the next decade.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

supposedly theres been an influx of refund requests begging for any money back on their accounts. Policy is to send out their standard refund email or not respond at all

ship market is dead, with sellers at OBOs not getting any takers. the whole house of worthless jpgs has fallen overnight

Who would have known spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on a video game was a bad idea???

If only there was people out there that warned them!

When CIG denies your refunds and your family goes hungry or worse, just know that Chris Roberts' Porsche and mansion is safe, and no doubt your money is helping to fund his next Morocco vacation aboard a yacht so he can be safe from the virus that threatens you.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

TheAgent posted:

If this winds up being the E.L.E. I'll laugh until the end of time. Of all the predictions we made, this wasn't one.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Please let me pay money to play the game where I spend time in jail.

lmao

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Inacio posted:

oh my god are they actually going through with this
what are they thinking

Roberts is doing all the thinking.
So enough said.

Besides, knowing CI!G, they'll find a way to monetise it.
"Found yourself in prison? Well for $1200 measily bucks you can escape to freedom."

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

XK posted:

Please let me pay money to play the game where I spend time in jail.

lmao

Pay more money to not pick up the soap.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Quavers posted:

Oh look, they found the gun customization module from crysis 1.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

TheAgent posted:

Nice.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

TheAgent posted:

As so as the world economy fails, so does the space picture economy fail.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Personally I blame us.

And also I absolve myself

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

That's brilliant!

If I get Covid-19, I'll just absolve myself of it!

Quick, someone tweet this to Trump and save the world. (I'll take payments in jpegs)

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

TheAgent posted:

Looking back at the Beanie Baby bubble

quote:

Claudia Dunne, one of the early experts, wrote at the time, “Attending Beanie shows around the country, I see the panic in people’s eyes, and I want to say, ‘Relax, Beanies are here to stay’”. Jessica Benuzzi, a staff writer for Mary Beth’s Bean Bag World Monthly [circulation at peak, 650,000!], explained that low interest rates would continue to drive Beanie sales. Brian Devany, a beanie dealer, wrote that “the Beanie market has consistently bucked the odds, and evidence of this continues as 1998 nears a close. The demand in the market for current and retired Beanies almost exceeds supply, making a mockery of those calling the Beanie phenomenon a fad”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/kMtJev3.gifv