Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
What's it gonna do? Stab me? HeAAAUUUGH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I've heard stories that people are buying extra freezers but I also posted this earlier:

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Funny hilarious thing is I survived a widow maker heart attack 5 years ago and this virus is going to kill me. :roflolmao:

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Piggy Smalls posted:

Funny hilarious thing is I survived a widow maker heart attack 5 years ago and this virus is going to kill me. :roflolmao:

I quit smoking a year ago. :S

Though on the upside, it doesn't look like this thing favors smokers more than anyone else. Chinese studies didn't find them to be any more likely to show up at the ICU than anyone else, which is confusing, but, I mean. I'll take it.

They had worse outcomes, though, so there's that.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

EL BROMANCE posted:

If only there was some way of getting video games without leaving the house. Someone should do something about that!

Nintendo has blood on their hands for discouraging digital downloads :colbert:

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Rolo posted:

There’s another White House news conference at 12:30.

This is gonna be magnificent

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
In case anyone (like me) needed reassurance about aerosols:

https://twitter.com/JenniferNuzzo/status/1241384727216640002

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Old Boot posted:

I quit smoking a year ago. :S

Though on the upside, it doesn't look like this thing favors smokers more than anyone else. Chinese studies didn't find them to be any more likely to show up at the ICU than anyone else, which is confusing, but, I mean. I'll take it.

They had worse outcomes, though, so there's that.

Yea I quit in October after 30 years. I'm such an idiot. Stop smoking goons PLEASE

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

One of the few flemish tv series I watched some years ago had this bizar vibe for me because it had streets i know, locked off with walls of containers to keep a infectious disease from spreading.

don’t know why I was thinking about it.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

IAMNOTADOCTOR posted:

The other post are all wrong: chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are anti malarial drugs that work by changing the pH level in the endosome of your cells.

Basically: Corona needs to be eaten by your cells and then be digested to be able to infect the cell. Chloroquine works like an antacid preventing this digestion. In theory, we don't have real clinical data yet.

Bacterial superinfections seem to be rare.

Trump's "prescription" is "HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE & AZITHROMYCIN, taken together."

The paper is here: https://www.mediterranee-infection.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Hydroxychloroquine_final_DOI_IJAA.pdf

Worth noting: 26 total patients received hydroxychloroquine. Six received azithromycin as well. The group that got azithromycin turned out better - but it's all of six people. The authors claim that azithromycin has showed some effect in vitro against Ebola and Zika, but there's a lot of distance between "vitro" and "vivo," and the numbers here put this closer to a handful of anecdotes than solid data.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Spinz posted:

Yea I quit in October after 30 years. I'm such an idiot. Stop smoking goons PLEASE

Depression says no.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I think the only thing worse than having trump be president during this is trump actually trying to do anything about it actively. He has the brain of a moldy piece of toast.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I've no way of knowing if I'm sick with the covid or just a nasty cold. Hospital can pry my money from my cold dead hands.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

super sweet best pal posted:

I've no way of knowing if I'm sick with the covid or just a nasty cold. Hospital can pry my money from my cold dead hands.

*In a American Healthcare voice*

You're proposal... is acceptable.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Chomp8645 posted:

lol

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

drat

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

super sweet best pal posted:

if you have a bad cough or feel trouble breathing i would go

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

unpacked robinhood posted:

Apparently the right thing includes enacting emergency provisions that weaken labor laws and worker protections which coincidentally have been the reason for many a protest recently so yeah gently caress macron

Goons want to give fascists sweeping emergency powers that they will never give up and is calling this responsibility

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Goons want to give fascists sweeping emergency powers that they will never give up and is calling this responsibility

That person was talking about curfews, the second posting is simply a bad attempt at misdirection (which, apparently, worked well enough).

Curfews are very useful in the current situation and not useless at all.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

mrfart posted:

One of the few flemish tv series I watched some years ago had this bizar vibe for me because it had streets i know, locked off with walls of containers to keep a infectious disease from spreading.

don’t know why I was thinking about it.

Literallly a Neill Blomkamp film in real life and we are asking for it.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Literallly a Neill Blomkamp film in real life and we are asking for it.

Is there a chance I'll get a mech because if so I'm willing to run the risk.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I want to be tank girl

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Lambert posted:

That person was talking about curfews, the second posting is simply a bad attempt at misdirection (which, apparently, worked well enough).

Curfews are very useful in the current situation and not useless at all.

Well we could instead try convincing people to act responsibly with reasoned discussion rather than forcing them into it by removing their freedom to travel and congregate

Edit: oh wait I forgot which reality we lived in, silly me :doh:
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1240382998253572098

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Getting pretty warm. Guessing this whole Coronavirus thing will be over by the end of next week and we can get back to normal.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Yeah but the dude from Die Antwoord gets to boss you around

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Quadrupling down on "Chinese Virus" by the orange one

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

GA Total Tests:

GA total: 507

That's almost 1 in 6. https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/coronavirus-georgia-live-updates-whats-happening-today/ZJMR3KWY2ZEP7KSHYEHVVZCDEE/

Still no governor restrictions on gatherings, no forced store closures.

IAMNOTADOCTOR
Sep 26, 2013

Space Gopher posted:

The paper is here: https://www.mediterranee-infection.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Hydroxychloroquine_final_DOI_IJAA.pdf

Worth noting: 26 total patients received hydroxychloroquine. Six received azithromycin as well. The group that got azithromycin turned out better - but it's all of six people. The authors claim that azithromycin has showed some effect in vitro against Ebola and Zika, but there's a lot of distance between "vitro" and "vivo," and the numbers here put this closer to a handful of anecdotes than solid data.

My bad, i missed that he also recommended azitromycin

I know the paper, and it doesnt really show any evidence of anything: the people taking the drugs that got worse and had to be transferred to icu were excluded. Its a mostly useless paper. There are verry small case series on azitromycin in coivd that leave to much room for interpretation, but we know it was useless in MERS.

There was a lot of early hype about certain anti HIV medication combination aswell, but the paper from yesterday show that they dont work

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Carmant posted:

Getting pretty warm. Guessing this whole Coronavirus thing will be over by the end of next week and we can get back to normal.

Classic Carmant :D

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
It's gonna be a race between the US and Russia to see who deals with it the worst, politically

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Hey glad that plat got sent to you.

Our city has changed a lot. People in lines are more spread apart and people are wearing masks around here.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The Algorithm is learning, this has been popping up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnd1jKcfBRE

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

GA Total Tests:

GA total: 507

That's almost 1 in 6. https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/coronavirus-georgia-live-updates-whats-happening-today/ZJMR3KWY2ZEP7KSHYEHVVZCDEE/

They have less than a thousand tests, and are actively refusing to test people with symptoms, or in many cases just pretending to test people so they go away.

Hopes Fall
Sep 10, 2006
HOLY BOOBS, BATMAN!

Space Gopher posted:

My dumb-gently caress Trump-voting MiL heard this and asked us to bring her a couple bottles of tonic water... Because it has quinine in it.

I feel it worth the while to note that she has COPD and refuses to quit smoking. So yeah. Good decisions all around.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Katamari Democracy posted:

Hey glad that plat got sent to you.

Our city has changed a lot. People in lines are more spread apart and people are wearing masks around here.

I've been looking for you everywhere. Thank you so, so much.

No one is doing anything different over here and it is super scary because of it. Schools closed. That's it.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I am not into JO on model trains but i would like the imitation crab meat

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1241412375087132673?s=21

Italy still rising :(

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Dude in press conference pretty clearly told to repeat the phrase "great american healthcare system" over and over

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Welp, got to get restock of food. Here comes long lines and people coughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Carmant posted:

You have one of the shittiest legacies of posts I've ever seen. And you haven't lost your luster one bit I see.