Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Replace the "In God We Trust" quote with "Working Hard, Thank You"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

nikosoft posted:

I'm not a doctor, but that's asthma, bro.

lmao maybe

i rarely exert myself enough that it bothers me and it always seems to resolve itself in an hour or two when it does so i never worried about it much

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

this is explicitly broadcasting ahead of time that there's going to be a response if there's riots

this isn't *just* because of the virus itself, it's ensuring that there's a military infrastructure in place to address economic-related riots and unrest. while they spread the infrastructure, they might as well have the soldiers work on virus response

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
the people in these lines are the ones who were making fun of people stocking up last week.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Serf posted:

glad i bought all my beans and rice and lentils and katanas on monday

Serf
May 5, 2011

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

garden is gunna wait til May for me since I’m concerned they’re will be another frost but yeah should be fun. gunna go heavy on sweet potatoes

its georgia so i doubt we'll get another frost. its gonna be minimum 80 degrees next week because i live in hell. might as well go ahead and plant

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
Rest in Piss, Rah!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

the people in these lines are the ones who were making fun of people stocking up last week.

who was it in here that had a post that said "all the people saying "it's just a flu" are the ones who are going to be rioting and panicking and driving cars through storefronts once it sinks in"?

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
:rip: kenny rogers.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

last time i went on a run maybe 9 days ago these bros buying like a single carton of eggs looked at me like i was a lunatic with my dozen bags of various goya brand beanz. Whos the lunatic now??

Actually, still me :(

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

https://twitter.com/floozyesq/status/1241414789378854912

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Homeless Friend posted:

its about to tip backwards, we're saved

once the number of deaths passes the temporal threshold, it's the past's problem

like in skyrim when the ancients banished that evil dragon, what's his name? Alduin?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

JOE BIDEN DOESN'T EXIST

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

Homeless Friend posted:

its about to tip backwards, we're saved

people dying so fast time begins to reverse

covid is going to literally take us back to the bronze age

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

DryGoods posted:

Rest in Piss, Rah!

no rest there are pissorbs 2 fill

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

:colbert:

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I fear the bill more than COVID-19, tbh

And I have insurance.

I just feel that loopholes will gently caress me bad.

Me too. For both me and my wife.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Anything is better than the current government response I guess, but that study is not actually very promising:

https://twitter.com/jpogue1/status/1241138975802359813

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

joe biden was never real

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
qanon turning on basically the only competent person in government was all too obvious

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/balazscseko/status/1241272447187419137

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Unperson_47 posted:

joe biden was never real

who

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/1241416074840678400
mask mogged.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

:sickos:

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook
lol 2 1 trillion dollar coins

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

lol Musk saw there was an open-source ventilator design on Wikipedia and decided he could make some
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ventilator#Open-source_ventilator
open sores ventilator

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
China can help USA now, by sending millions of mask and tests.

USA is the most powerfull country of the world (by a wide margin), but in some areas is a third world country and needs help.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/News12NJ/status/1241414854122131459

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Joementum posted:

qanon turning on basically the only competent person in government was all too obvious

the military, after spreading and establishing bases in every major city, revolts and coronates Minister Fauci :hmmyes:

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Tei posted:

China can help USA now, by sending millions of mask and tests.

And...tanks??

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Paramemetic posted:

And...tanks??

Water tanks, filled with water and chlorine, yes, .. to clean the streets from virus.

Humanitarian Forces
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jojd2HzB2oE

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

On Facebook
you dont say.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/03/21/coronavirus-testing-strategyshift/

quote:

Health officials in New York, California and other hard-hit parts of the country are restricting coronavirus testing to health care workers and people who are hospitalized, saying the battle to contain the virus is lost and the country is moving into a new phase of the pandemic response.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Straight White Shark posted:

Given that containment has been demonstrated elsewhere in more open and less centralized countries (SK in particular) I think it's more believable that China's lockdown broadly worked than it is that 1) China managed to do literally nothing about the spread and 2) China successfully hid at least ~10 million deaths, and probably more, because the knock-on effects of death at that scale would cause even more casualties. They've had foreign observers come through, do you really think they could Potemkin village all of them while reeling from a mass casualty event of that magnitude?

Do I trust China's miracle numbers? Not really, but I'm expecting them to fudge by a factor of 2-10, not 2000.

These losers are mega racist dude

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I was gonna try to go to the store late this evening for some extra food stuff and hope it's not busy, don't use a shopping cart, put my groceries and clothes outside and shower immediately after coming home, but idk if it'll even be worthwhile

I don't know how hard they've been hit yet

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Kadar is back baby

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Welp

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

:ironicat:

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Bharatrocity posted:

793 dead in Italy in the last 24hours. Holy poo poo

Holy poo poo.

I think its time for Italy to accept harder line quarantine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Joementum posted:

Indeed. Fauci was on PBS Newshour and I became convinced he is the only reason half the country won't be infected.