Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Bugs out, bugs in.

Unable to loot this for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
You might already have one of that piece. I did a control point where the same holster piece dropped twice and I could only grab one.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Psion posted:

You might already have one of that piece. I did a control point where the same holster piece dropped twice and I could only grab one.

Can confirm the same happened to me. Seems like an oversight that the part should not drop if you have one in your inventory (like the Liberty, Nemesis, or Chatterbox parts), but since you likely won't have the project for the holster at level 40 the game probably doesn't understand what to do besides drop the part if you do the specified CP4.

There were a lot of oversights it seems with the introduction of the higher level cap and the gameplay loops that were in place at level 30. I think their desire to prevent story leaks from the expansion by not having a test server really screwed up the deployment. Everything from balancing to widespread bugs could have been prevented or at least drastically reduced if they let players just roam DC at level 40 to try things out.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Mailer posted:

You don't want Hana for mod slot pieces due to the red slot. You can recal slots, but that means getting an impossible skill+haste+Skilled roll on the chest.

Oh interesting, I was under the impression, say, a Hana-U armor piece could roll with anything but you're saying they'll always be Utility + Red Mod Slot + Random Talent.

Good to know, I'll shift my efforts to chest armor in general.

EDIT: Alps Summit looks like a better choice. Yellow Primary, Yellow mod.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
may also show up but not be lootable if you didn't get the blueprint for the holster.
https://www.gamesradar.com/division-2-exotic-holster-dodge-city-gunslinger-how-to-get-guide/

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I am starting to get performance issues to the extent the game becomes unplayable. :smith:

Does it matter if my group host plays on a toaster?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Randler posted:

the game has dedicated servers so no.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

I just beat the game and now all of the post-story content is unlocked for me. Are there any activities that are particularly worth doing or is it really just whatever seems fun? There seems to be a lot more endgame stuff than the first game where it was really just the DZ (which was awesome) and that lovely raid with the APC that they patched in after a while.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I was under the impression that rogue agents only showed up during lv 4 cps.

That is not true.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

That is not true.

A few nights ago I had some show up on a heroic mission, and somehow two members of the group got reloaded to the checkpoint so it was two on 7 and the hosed us up.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
They showed up in the middle of a normal rear end bounty and hosed me up :(

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Bold Robot posted:

I just beat the game and now all of the post-story content is unlocked for me. Are there any activities that are particularly worth doing or is it really just whatever seems fun? There seems to be a lot more endgame stuff than the first game where it was really just the DZ (which was awesome) and that lovely raid with the APC that they patched in after a while.

You're free to do just about anything you want. The only thing that's really restricted is the Dark Hours raid which requires you to have a full group prior to starting because there's no matchmaking. Otherwise you can do projects, bounties, or replay missions with directives for a harder experience. Targeted loot areas are good to find specific kinds of gear, too.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

That is not true.

Yep, they'll show up in missions and even while freeroaming. I'm not sure if difficulty plays a part in their spawn chances, but I feel like I've seen them most often in Heroic activities.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I was just wrapping up a lv2 cp, and had just finished the second wave, when they showed up.

Thankfully, the Vault has weird fucky LOS so I managed to distract them up top with my turret and gently caress off across the street to the other vantage point.
CP officer and his goons did their due diligence by keeping them busy for the entire fight, which was about 20minutes

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
I was looking forward to getting back into this due to the uh, lack of social options, but in Classic Ubisoft Fashion, after buying the DLC from the in-game prompts, it refuses to verify and keeps telling me to buy it again.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Anyone who's done the 16 minute time trial for potomac event center: What was your group size?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

We didn’t quite make 16. We hit 16:20 or so but it was totally down to us flubbing an early part of the boss fight.

Either way 9 points instead of 10 so idgaf good enough.

It was a pubbie match made group too. We 16’d the CDC and stuck together to pound out a couple of the others.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Psion posted:

Anyone who's done the 16 minute time trial for potomac event center: What was your group size?

1 :v:

The par time is actually more like 15 minutes and a few seconds to kill the final boss because you still have to wait through the ending dialogue with Kelso before the timer stops.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Cyrano4747 posted:

We didn’t quite make 16. We hit 16:20 or so but it was totally down to us flubbing an early part of the boss fight.

so you didn't make it :colbert:

But it illustrates what I'm getting at, yeah. I've gotten 16:15 with a group and I don't know if I've seen anyone who's pulled 16 without soloing it.

Meanwhile I got DCD with 4 minutes to spare and Heroic Roosevelt with 90 seconds - both first try, both without optimization, but Potomac, nope. Maybe I should do Potomac on heroic and hope the spawns aren't quite so ridiculous? :v:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Psion posted:

Got it the first time solo with 14:32 as my time. It's pretty rough but if you know not to rush it's not too bad. There's very little margin of error here so I stuck to a classic M1A DPS build (I didn't have Glass Cannon though) and had Blinderfly for CC.

Got it again with in groups of 2 and 3. 2 people is probably ideal; you can speed up the time by having 1 person shooting the boats while the other clears enemies as an example. As long as you know not to rush ahead during the final hallway with Kelso it's not too bad. When I did it with 3 we didn't have all DPS builds and the time was a little tight. I don't see it being possible with 4 people with the current scaling.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I guess I was stupid lucky. I ran PEC for its targeted loot and had 3 randoms join. We demolished it in just over 14 minutes, so it's definitely possible with 4 people. Everyone just has to be on point for DPS.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Psion posted:

Done it solo in 15:16 and with another goon in 15:14. The dialogue between the screen guy and Kelso loses like 20 seconds so count with that. In the last fight the key is to lay whatever CC you have so enemies don't run around wasting your time. Other than that is just rushing.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Psion posted:

so you didn't make it :colbert:

But it illustrates what I'm getting at, yeah. I've gotten 16:15 with a group and I don't know if I've seen anyone who's pulled 16 without soloing it.

Meanwhile I got DCD with 4 minutes to spare and Heroic Roosevelt with 90 seconds - both first try, both without optimization, but Potomac, nope. Maybe I should do Potomac on heroic and hope the spawns aren't quite so ridiculous? :v:

joseoquendo, a non-goon friend, and I did DCD, Potomac, and the Bunker and got rank 10. DCD is by far the easiest, Potomac took a couple tries because there are a couple areas where the enemies have inaccessible spawn locations (most notably the burn pit area) and either won't come out of hiding or won't jump down to be shot.

The Bunker was by far the worst because there is a lot of waiting in too many instances. The biggest problem are the elite suicide bombers who leave behind a pool of fire that will kill any all-red DPS builds (even when out of combat) and show up in chokepoints so you're screwed if you can't headshot them. Then you have to waste time opening the doors before the final encounter, then you have to wait for Maya to be ready to talk, then you have to wait for the Bloodhound to show up, then you have to wait for enemies to drop in (and hope their AI didn't break resulting in them standing up in the caves), and then you have to wait for Maya again after the encounter, and then you have to pull the switch to end the mission.

Along with the final bit of dialog in Potomac, they really should have thought harder about the time limits because the mission formats are not set up for what Massive intended with this league. The Bunker especially took probably upwards of 30 tries to get rank 10 when I could count my tries on Potomac and DCD combined on one hand. In the end, it doesn't matter because you only need 60 ranks over two weeks to get all the rewards and that averages out to rank 5 in all categories if you do it twice and that's piss easy to do.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Honesty I’m ok with that. Make all the rewards obtainable for normal people but leave the high score stuff something the competitive types can dig at.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

OgNar posted:

Bugs out, bugs in.

Unable to loot this for some reason.

Either you have it already, or you own Dodge City Holster already.

Went to bust a Warhound Convoy (Challenging difficulty, West Potomac with AR target loot) and immediately got myself a better Chameleon. Previous one has half of the screenshot's rolls, so a decent upgrade tbh :unsmith: I also finished with blueprints (except raid gear set, Tech shotgun and Nemesis) after playing the game for 1 month. Since WoNY characters don't get Daily SHD project for easy bp I had to create two lvl 30 characters, and I also had to clear CP3+ for any remaining WoNY bp. Without Manhunt this would have been impossible since CP reset doesn't happen. Manhunt flipping helped me greatly.

As for speed trials, DCD is the easiest and even a random group can clear it with 3~4 minutes to spare, but Potomac and Bunker are annoying due to having some npc hiding behind unreachable places above as well as needless waiting times. For Potomac, you need to start Kelso dialogue at the end before 15:30 mark because Kelso takes around 30 seconds of time. As for Bunker, it's just getting lucky and not having npc hiding all day long.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Aesis posted:

Either you have it already, or you own Dodge City Holster already.

Went to bust a Warhound Convoy (Challenging difficulty, West Potomac with AR target loot) and immediately got myself a better Chameleon. Previous one has half of the screenshot's rolls, so a decent upgrade tbh :unsmith: I also finished with blueprints (except raid gear set, Tech shotgun and Nemesis) after playing the game for 1 month. Since WoNY characters don't get Daily SHD project for easy bp I had to create two lvl 30 characters, and I also had to clear CP3+ for any remaining WoNY bp. Without Manhunt this would have been impossible since CP reset doesn't happen. Manhunt flipping helped me greatly.

As for speed trials, DCD is the easiest and even a random group can clear it with 3~4 minutes to spare, but Potomac and Bunker are annoying due to having some npc hiding behind unreachable places above as well as needless waiting times. For Potomac, you need to start Kelso dialogue at the end before 15:30 mark because Kelso takes around 30 seconds of time. As for Bunker, it's just getting lucky and not having npc hiding all day long.

Spent forever trying to grind out a Chameleon, and I get one the day WONY drops.
It has the shittiest rolls known to man, and is therefore unusable

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Spent forever trying to grind out a Chameleon, and I get one the day WONY drops.

I have one of the pre-patch ones. A stream of warm piss would do more damage than the thing.

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.

Randler posted:

I am starting to get performance issues to the extent the game becomes unplayable. :smith:

Try verifying your game files, I had the same issue a few days ago and verifying fixed it.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

I feel your pain - when Pestilence dropped for me I was so happy only to see it had like 1/4 of the bar rolls on every stat

Exotics shouldn't drop with garbage stats

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I feel your pain - when Pestilence dropped for me I was so happy only to see it had like 1/4 of the bar rolls on every stat

Exotics shouldn't drop with garbage stats

My first pestilence was given to me by a pubbie I was running with. It had 8% dmg and like 7% dmg to targets out of cover. So I went hunting for a second one with better rolls and it dropped.

9% dmg and 8% dmg to targets out of cover. Well played, game. Well played. I can't complain because it's technically an upgrade. :v:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

So to loop back to Potomac and 16 minutes, merc linked me to a post which suggested if your world state is heroic it'll look like it sets the challenge mission to challenging, but it won't. It will still be heroic. So we were failing repeatedly while coming within seconds of 16 minutes on heroic, which is both :shepface: and pretty awesome.

once we set that to Actually Challenging, it was fine.

i guess PSA: even though time trial missions may say they're on a given difficulty, your world state still overrides that. For every other mission it makes this clear in the UI, so it's probably a bug with time trial UI.

or the real tl;dr: set your world to normal first, just in case :v:

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Does the league reset and we get another week to get levels? Or do I need to hunker down in the next few days?

Also I've never killed rogue agents any time I've seen them except twice at control points just after we finished defending. It took a full squad of other people helping and I still barely killed them

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Massive is pretty fast at fixing bug and I am happy about that, but it is so frustrating to see the same bugs come back. Like the AI bug(I think AI lose track of players, AGAIN!) and the hit detection bug. I found that the game is also a bit more laggy then it used to and wonder if it's connected also(?).

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

The internet in my neighborhood has been making GBS threads the bed in general. I think with a lot joe people sitting at home and watching Netflix the local hookup is getting saturated.

So it could be the game or it could be infrastructure related.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
If I mostly just run around solo what is a good gear set/specialization to go for? I mostly went Firewall with at least 2 pieces of System Corruption and 4 pieces of Striker and while that works great on Story/Normal its not that great on Harder and higher.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
The part at the end of the Federal Emergency Bunker really drives home the increased importance of cover, what with the rushing hammer guy and the constantly spawning explody guys, all of which one-shot you.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cyrano4747 posted:

The internet in my neighborhood has been making GBS threads the bed in general. I think with a lot joe people sitting at home and watching Netflix the local hookup is getting saturated.

So it could be the game or it could be infrastructure related.

Yeah its definitely been tough for me to get any sort of good connection going lately too. Then again speeds are always pretty poo poo where I live in rural america.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

GhostDog posted:

The part at the end of the Federal Emergency Bunker really drives home the increased importance of cover, what with the rushing hammer guy and the constantly spawning explody guys, all of which one-shot you.

That encounter is soooooo rear end.
Can instantly ruin a great run

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Joy! (from the Exotic cache)

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I feel like I am lost. How do most of yall gear up? I am at the endgame but I really don't know what I should be doing to gear up or start with a build. Do you just look up a build and then set out to get it?

I have hardly any exotic weapons and all the ones I do have are pretty underleveled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

blackguy32 posted:

I feel like I am lost. How do most of yall gear up? I am at the endgame but I really don't know what I should be doing to gear up or start with a build. Do you just look up a build and then set out to get it?

I have hardly any exotic weapons and all the ones I do have are pretty underleveled.

Basically yeah, just look up a build and check targeted loot for where to farm specific pieces. I recommend starting with farming a gearset if you haven't started gearing up yet since they're a lot easier to farm and you can get a workable paint by numbers build online with relative ease and then you can just look up a better build that sounds fun and farm it out on challenging. 90% of division 2 content on youtube is build guides so you got plenty to pick from ranging from all out dps to support builds to weird gimmick builds.

Exotics are neat, but usually aren't absolutely necessary, but farming them would also still be a good use of your time.