Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012

And More posted:

Gulliver confused the hell out of me when he asked me to look for suspicious spots on the beach. Why would radio components squirt water at me?

This had me confused for so long as well. I had seen the clams squirting water the previous night, so I was running right by all of them looking for something like fossil spots or glowing spots in the sand, and when I didn't see any, went running over my entire island. I was just about to conclude that I had gotten unlucky and that they all must have spawned up on the tier of land I can't reach yet, went to dig up a clam, and got the part. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Oh my god Blathers, just open up already. My island is running out of room.

https://twitter.com/shortspecialbus/status/1241459978428272640

(p.s. thanks to the Ausgoon or whatever who has their gates open all night, I got so many fishes)

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Fistful of Silence posted:

Don’t forget to plant your own fruit. This tripped me up for a bit.

Finally got level 3 Cast Master! I agree with whoever said this was a a surprisingly unchill thing for this game. It really sticks out compared to pretty much every other task in the game I’ve seen so far.
It's a bit intense but they give you a lot of leeway with that real bite. What gets me is just hitting A too early cause I'm on edge lol.

I remembered to plant my peaches tho!

Zore posted:

Nope, its Cherries, Apples, Oranges, Peaches, Pears and Coconuts

Electric Phantasm posted:

Have you planted any coconuts?
This was it! Thanks all. I had transplanted like 12 Coconut trees from islands to my beaches but I hadn't actually planted a real coconut. So I'll do that once they grow in and plant it in the cute tiny patch of beach I have hiding at the top of my map.

EDIT: also much thanks to Neim who let my fiance and I run wild on their island for a good time. Got lots of fish and bugs from Autumn. There are a couple more left to get so I'll impose on another southern hemisphere-er in the near future to nab those up.

I'm gonna spend half of tomorrow just listening to Blathers as I try to cram an entire ecosystem into his newly opened museum

Also confirmed online that you can't trade fish or bugs which sucks but I guess it keeps collectors honest.

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Mar 21, 2020

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/conkface/status/1241462198934929408

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
One visit to liquidypoo's Int'l Dump (I fondly remember Crapton from New Leaf, and I love that you are doing this again already), and one Nook Ticket trip, and I already have every fruit. :toot:

I really wish I'd realized you could repeatedly hit rocks for multiple items when you haven't eaten fruit before I broke every rock on my island. I probably could've had enough iron nuggets for the store already, but now I've got to grind out nook points for more island trips if I want to get this done today.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
Hitting rocks is like a little race minigame right? It seems the rocks only spew out materials for a few seconds after the first strike as opposed to having like a set amount of materials.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Okay, so I had to go around getting houses ready, and I started the day with three houses but only 2 villagers definitively invited. Needed more ingots (of course...) and met Chevre (!!! yay! someone I recognize AND like!) and invited her along, so she ended up being my third villager. (Once you're done getting a house ready you can see who it was sold to.) The islands I went to after that didn't have any random villagers wandering around. I don't know if you can invite another wave after this one moves in or if it's random after that. I'm guessing Nook will have you busting your butt off to get plots ready regardless.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

I think villagers only show up if you have room in your town, which is kind of lame.

Aww bummer, I was excited to see who I was gonna meet

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Clocks posted:

Okay, so I had to go around getting houses ready, and I started the day with three houses but only 2 villagers definitively invited. Needed more ingots (of course...) and met Chevre (!!! yay! someone I recognize AND like!) and invited her along, so she ended up being my third villager. (Once you're done getting a house ready you can see who it was sold to.) The islands I went to after that didn't have any random villagers wandering around. I don't know if you can invite another wave after this one moves in or if it's random after that. I'm guessing Nook will have you busting your butt off to get plots ready regardless.
Oh god no. I had hoped those wouldn't be necessary after the amount they asked for the shop. Do you remember how many you need? I already played too much today but if it's to avoid a grind tomorrow I will happily do more island runs today.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

enojy posted:

They have to make it extra tough for us tryhard types, considering it gives custom titles "Hardcore" and "Pole-tugger"

I will never be able to have the custom title of Internet Pole-tugger and that makes me sad.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

explosivo posted:

Sonofabitch, got QR codes for those bad boys?

I broke the album so I just stopped being lazy and redid them.

They look real lovely on the qr sheets because the game does some weird poo poo when you import them, once you copy them over from the app they'll be as per my screenshot!

Edit: make sure you save them as pro designs!

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 21, 2020

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/itmejb/status/1241140356873195520?s=21

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Haha, I have him and I got the hamster cage from something or other. Kinda feel like I should surround his house with those now.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Welp, I've hit my first snag. Even after hitting all the rocks I can reach on my island and burning the free Nook ticket, I only have 14/30 iron ingots. So much for getting the shop up in one day. :negative:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Sydin posted:

Welp, I've hit my first snag. Even after hitting all the rocks I can reach on my island and burning the free Nook ticket, I only have 14/30 iron ingots. So much for getting the shop up in one day. :negative:

Same. I don't think it's possible without buying more tickets.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The first day of this game is semi scripted, right? I've got a net, axe, and fishing rod but can't do anything anymore it seems. Blathers construction site is planted but it seems like it's the waiting game until tomorrow(?)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Skyarb posted:

Hitting rocks is like a little race minigame right? It seems the rocks only spew out materials for a few seconds after the first strike as opposed to having like a set amount of materials.

Yep. Your best bet is to make a hole two spaces away from the rock so that you can stand between the hole and the rock. Once you're standing there, dig one more hole next to you, on either side. This will make a little corner for you so you don't get pushed back or to one of the sides. Then hit away!

The reason you don't put another hole on the other side of you is because you need to keep as much space as possible free for drops from the rock.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Sydin posted:

You can buy more from the ATM for 2,000 miles-- it's worth it. I went through my free one and a paid one and managed to get my 30.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I just caught a frigging whale shark wtf wtf wtf wtf

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Just bought this today because of the everything. First AC i've played. Look at this loving star shaped lake in front of my house, I loving win at this game. Gonna lit up my 300 weeds.
https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1241472113996791808

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Should I expect my museum and Nook's Cranny to be open tomorrow if I donated 15 pieces and set a spot for constructing the shop?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
One of my houses needed furniture made from my native oranges. Is this because an orange furniture loving friend is moving in, or does this quest always have a native furniture quest component?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Shneak posted:

Should I expect my museum and Nook's Cranny to be open tomorrow if I donated 15 pieces and set a spot for constructing the shop?

The museum doesn't open the day immediately after you donate the 15 pieces. The day after you donate, the tent will be closed and Blathers is nowhere to be found, and then the day after THAT the museum will be open.

The shop will be open though.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Khanstant posted:

One of my houses needed furniture made from my native oranges. Is this because an orange furniture loving friend is moving in, or does this quest always have a native furniture quest component?

It must be native. Mine needed apples.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Khanstant posted:

Mine needed apples so yeah I guess this quest is always set in stone.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Shneak posted:

Museum takes two days to open, shop only one.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Casu Marzu posted:

Edit: also ore is a real pain in the rear end

:negative: goddamn, one ore short on this trip.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
That's nice, gives you guaranteed set of native fruit furniture.

Also, sparkle on flower - watered or needs to be watered?

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I'm putting so many fish and bugs in storage because I can't give any more to Blathers that I got some nook miles for having so many things in storage

This game rules

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Mr Snips posted:

I'm putting so many fish and bugs in storage because I can't give any more to Blathers that I got some nook miles for having so many things in storage

:same: in fact, i've run out of storage space so I'm now temporarily dropping them in my house

also not pictured: a big frigging whale shark chillin in a pool just outside

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

DODO: LPKHH

Come join my town, I need Oranges and whatever else you wanna drop off.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

liquidypoo's dump is cool (:blush:), thanks for setting it up and to folks for contributing :)

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
This is a question for everyone playing multiplayer, does each player have to pay off the mortgage, or is it just one for the island?

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Okay, I'm back on page 117 trying to see if anyone needs their friend code entry edited. :v: I may very well miss someone in the chaos, but I'll do my best. In the meantime, if you're not able to PM me here and don't use Discord, it'll probably be more reliable to email me through sabrokenpixel at gmail dot com. I'm gonna try to make a "please fix my poo poo" form later, but I want to clear what already exists first if I can.

Wish me luck out there

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

So how long does museum take? Blathers has his fossils, he says he's put in the application. Will I have to wait until tomorrow to get approval to place the thing, then another day for it to get built?

e-- nvm, someone answered above!

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Oh god no. I had hoped those wouldn't be necessary after the amount they asked for the shop. Do you remember how many you need? I already played too much today but if it's to avoid a grind tomorrow I will happily do more island runs today.

It depends. It wasn't as bad as the 30. For the next part of the game you need to set up three houses for nook to sell them, which requires crafting DIY furniture. Some of that furniture required ingots.

The furniture seems to be somewhat randomized, or in different sets, at least. My sis had different things outside her home than I did, which is kinda cool. And yes we both had native fruit components, mine was an apple tree/chair and hers were cherry something.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Does anyone know why my best friends app sometimes has a notification badge even though it doesn't look like anything's changed?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Mr Snips posted:

This game rules

I legit don't think there's enough storage room for all the stupid fish and insects and bones I have piled up right now outside his half-built museum. I never realized before how obnoxious it would be for him to not be open in the early stages of the game.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

404notfound posted:

Does anyone know why my best friends app sometimes has a notification badge even though it doesn't look like anything's changed?

No, and it drives me nuts. I think it might be that they're online or something? I keep thinking something happened because the phone icon will pop up while I'm walking but no it's the dumb best friends thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

History Comes Inside! posted:

I broke the album so I just stopped being lazy and redid them.

They look real lovely on the qr sheets because the game does some weird poo poo when you import them, once you copy them over from the app they'll be as per my screenshot!

Edit: make sure you save them as pro designs!

God amongst man. Thanks!