Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Unpopular opinion but I feel that anyone who Mirko kills probably deserves it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I really like Bubaigawara and I hope he makes it out of all this without dying or turning up into a psychically devestated guy in jail crying sincere tears for his horrible, murderous friends

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Is the villain a good villain or bad villain if they’re doing villainy so Mirko will murder them with her thighs

Bad, but for understandable reasons.

How are you gonna make this meme and not use Shigaraki? He's literally a gamer.

Not to mention this comment:

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Is the villain a good villain or bad villain if they’re doing villainy so Mirko will murder them with her thighs

Please don't post my fan fiction in this thread.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Alopex posted:

Please don't post my fan fiction in this thread.

Pretty tame fan fiction if it's just 'What if Murata drew My Hero Academia?'

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

RareAcumen posted:

Pretty tame fan fiction if it's just 'What if Murata drew My Hero Academia?'

Read that as "What if Mineta drew My Hero Academia?" and got real concerned

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
With only two episodes left, I really wonder where exactly this season is going to end. Next week is the new top ten reveal, maybe that episode ending with the beginning of the High End fight, then the rest of the fight done on the last episode with the aftermath saved for next season? :shrug:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rhonne posted:

With only two episodes left, I really wonder where exactly this season is going to end. Next week is the new top ten reveal, maybe that episode ending with the beginning of the High End fight, then the rest of the fight done on the last episode with the aftermath saved for next season? :shrug:

Wait, there’s only two episodes left in Season 4? Where did you hear that?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Larryb posted:

Wait, there’s only two episodes left in Season 4? Where did you hear that?

The season is supposed to be 25 episodes long and we're on episode 23.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rhonne posted:

The season is supposed to be 25 episodes long and we're on episode 23.

Ah, wasn’t aware of that. How long is the gap between seasons usually?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Season 3 ended on September 29, 2018 and season 4 started on October 12, 2019, but that gap was longer than previous seasons.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
We were in the 1A vs 1B fights in the manga at that point, right?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Junpei posted:

We were in the 1A vs 1B fights in the manga at that point, right?

Some say we're still in those fights

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Arist posted:

Some say we're still in those fights

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Rhonne posted:

There's a chapter in there that ends with the high end reveal, I figure maybe that might be the ending point. But that still feels like there will be some extra room.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

They should end it with Endeavors face getting torn up and High End 'winning' the fight. Cue a year of meltdowns and hot takes.

Plus Chaos!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I really don't see any reason why they wouldn't be able to adapt the entire High End vs. Endeavor fight in space that's left.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Lt. Lizard posted:

I really don't see any reason why they wouldn't be able to adapt the entire High End vs. Endeavor fight in space that's left.

Yeah, fights are easily compressed since it's all action. And hey, no filler episodes this season besides the first one!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
tokoyami got his moment and all is right with the world

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Here's this week's chapter: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-265/chapter/20242?action=read

Tokoyami vs. Re-Destro owns and I wish it could have gone even longer but Destro loses a peg leg and becomes incapacitated lol

personally I can't wait for My Villain Academia to get animated next year

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

Some good panels this chapter. I like the one where Twice makes copies of all his League friends only to have them immediately ripped up.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lt. Lizard posted:

Too many flashbacks and cut-aways to the Todoroki family, I think. I don't really have faith in the animators to do it at a nice clip, look how many cut-aways they did in the middle of Deku vs Overhaul, and how many flashbacks (to earlier in the episode!!!) they had for Deku vs Gentle.

In two episodes they'd have to introduce the Hero Billboard, do Hawks's speech, "Watch me!", do the suicide bomber, do the glass villain and his prophecy, Hawks and Endeavor meet in the high-rise restaurant, cut away about 18 times to Endeavor's children during the fight... not much time left for the fight itself, let alone Mirko/Dabi after the fight.

If there were three episodes I could see it. With only two I think they end it with Hood smashing through the windows and challenging Endeavor.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1241766140159725571

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Tokoyami pushing around a arc boss and then nestling inside fatgum is already the best thing in this arc

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Did Tokoyami snap that guy's ankle in 2

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

Did Tokoyami snap that guy's ankle in 2

fake leg

DS still ain't nothing to gently caress with

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Holy poo poo, Hawks.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Well Dabi didn't gently caress up(for now), but he did let Twice get smacked around a bit by Hawks before making his dramatic entrance, so still a prick.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
yeah i think tokoyami steamrolling re-destro really puts the odds into perspective here more than anything else in this arc so far.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

On the other hand, Dark Shadow: Ragnarok owns hard as gently caress

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

profileusername posted:

Some good panels this chapter. I like the one where Twice makes copies of all his League friends only to have them immediately ripped up.

Poor Twice, getting all his friends killed yet again.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Tokoyami being in Fatgum's stomach is so adorable.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Inflammatory posted:

yeah i think tokoyami steamrolling re-destro really puts the odds into perspective here more than anything else in this arc so far.

Eh, I feel that Re-Destro had a good showing. Tokoyami pulled off a surprise attack from complete darkness and Re-Destro still blocked it with no real issue, until his prosthesis snapped.

On the other hand, holy hell Hawks. You are both scary and toast. :stare:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
It's important to remember that Tokoyami has legit one of the strongest quirks in terms of raw power in the series and he used it in a dark underground tunnel.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also Re-Destro's legs were buckling just from him increasing his size. Makes total sense they could not take Tokoyami hitting him.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Has Twice been able to make copies of people without them being there before this? That's a huge and terrifying jump in power.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Green Intern posted:

Has Twice been able to make copies of people without them being there before this? That's a huge and terrifying jump in power.

He just needs to know a person’s stats/dimensions. Having them on hand makes that easier

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Green Intern posted:

Yeah, he created a clone of Compress during Overhaul arc, while the real Compress wasn't there. Same thing with Shigaraki during My Villain Academia arc, IIRC .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I forget, are Deku, Todoroki, and Bakugo here too? you have to wonder what they're gonna get to do