Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

lezard_valeth posted:

:same: in fact, i've run out of storage space so I'm now temporarily dropping them in my house

also not pictured: a big frigging whale shark chillin in a pool just outside

yea, my one genuine complaint so far has been you simply can't make so many nookmiles things 'catch fish/bugs' and also make the museum take three/four days to open up. I have so many fish and bugs just chillin, not to mention the fossils!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

If I open my gates to “all my friends” do they get any notification or would I have to message them outside Animal Crossing.

This is for ppl not yet in the AC best friends app, but who are on my Switch friends list and have AC

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

yea, my one genuine complaint so far has been you simply can't make so many nookmiles things 'catch fish/bugs' and also make the museum take three/four days to open up. I have so many fish and bugs just chillin, not to mention the fossils!

Just sell em and catch more when the Museum comes!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
When people say 3 or 4 days until the museum opens up is that IRL days?

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Boba Pearl posted:

get this: Animal Crossing days are IRL days

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

I am very disappointed in how quickly even iron forged fishing rods break. I gave my gf one and she broke it in less than half an hour, trying to get all the fish. I don't have shovels yet to get more iron, so it's time to shake all the trees, ever.

I really wish there was a way to turn item durability off. This doesn't feel like it adds anything to the game but busy work.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Boba Pearl posted:

AC is real time, yea

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

If I open my gates to “all my friends” do they get any notification or would I have to message them outside Animal Crossing.

This is for ppl not yet in the AC best friends app, but who are on my Switch friends list and have AC

I have not seen any notifications so far from general friends, although I haven't done anything for specific invitations (best friends/Dodo codes).

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm excited to start Animal Crossing!!

Jesus Christ

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I'm having a real hard time making money, and Nook Tickets are an absolute grind. I went to my first exotic island and it net me about 6,000 Bells. I'm walking around in underwear and a vest cause I can't afford anything snazzy or stylish, I put my bells towards trees / flowers and my tickets towards flights. I have the pocket and tool wheel upgrade. Any tips?

thewizardofshoe
Feb 24, 2013

I know someone mentioned at least some quests can only be completed by the first person to get them earlier and dunno if that's always true or been debunked in the pages since, but I can say for myself and my gf I was able to do Gulliver's quest after she did it first in a local co-op play session. I ended our session after she completed the quest while she was leader and i was follower. I kept playing after it reloaded me into a solo session and Gulliver was asleep on the shore again and had dialogue confirming someone else helped him earlier, but his phone broke again while napping.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

you can send out an in game message to all your best friends if you go on the app on the nook phone and press y

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Qubee posted:

I'm having a real hard time making money, and Nook Tickets are an absolute grind. I went to my first exotic island and it net me about 6,000 Bells. I'm walking around in underwear and a vest cause I can't afford anything snazzy or stylish, I put my bells towards trees / flowers and my tickets towards flights. I have the pocket and tool wheel upgrade. Any tips?

Stop doing that? I dunno, just grabbing fruit from islands and selling whatever fish/bugs I get, I prob generated close to 60k bells in a couple hours. How much money do you need?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Also selling all your weeds and shells.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Qubee posted:

there are single fish and bugs that can get you thousands. the big blue butterfly is like 4k if you spot one flying around.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Casu Marzu posted:

Stop doing that? I dunno, just grabbing fruit from islands and selling whatever fish/bugs I get, I prob generated close to 60k bells in a couple hours. How much money do you need?

I want to pay off the house loan. And I buy trees and flowers because I want a reliable wood income a few days from now, so I'm making a designated forestry area. Then the flowers I just spam all over the place because it gives tickets. I've already got the museum constructing, and I just need to find 30 nuggets for the shop upgrade. And some bird washed up on my beach but hasn't moved, so I figure he'll do something tomorrow.

I guess my first island was a dud cause they had the same fruit as my home island. I can imagine I'd have gotten way more money if I found non-native fruit.

Stux posted:

there are single fish and bugs that can get you thousands. the big blue butterfly is like 4k if you spot one flying around.

I was on the game for about 6 hours today, I just find the same fish and bugs. It's always common white butterflies and tiger butterflies. There's this cricket noise I keep trying to track down cause I wanna catch it but I can't find out where it's hiding. My fish varies between 4-5 species.

Qubee fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 21, 2020

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Qubee posted:

I want to pay off the house loan. And I buy trees and flowers because I want a reliable wood income a few days from now, so I'm making a designated forestry area. Then the flowers I just spam all over the place because it gives tickets. I've already got the museum constructing, and I just need to find 30 nuggets for the shop upgrade. And some bird washed up on my beach but hasn't moved, so I figure he'll do something tomorrow.

I guess my first island was a dud cause they had the same fruit as my home island. I can imagine I'd have gotten way more money if I found non-native fruit.

I was on the game for about 6 hours today, I just find the same fish and bugs. It's always common white butterflies and tiger butterflies. There's this cricket noise I keep trying to track down cause I wanna catch it but I can't find out where it's hiding. My fish varies between 4-5 species.

I mean, the game has been out for like, 2 days now. I guess if you are really trying to min/max the gently caress out of the game, there's probably an ideal strategy but dang.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Are you claiming credit for the Nook+ miles?

ZorpZuppins
Nov 8, 2012

Qubee posted:

That cricket sound is mole crickets! You have to find the spot where it is loudest and dig.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Qubee posted:

And some bird washed up on my beach but hasn't moved, so I figure he'll do something tomorrow.

Go keep talking to him until something happens. Waiting does nothing.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I heard that Brewster is out, which bums me out incredibly (as upset as you can reasonably get with this game, which isn't much).

Please tell me Joan is still in?

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

How you guys feel about time traveling? Cheating, or is everyone doing it? Or is it both

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

A Proper Uppercut posted:

How you guys feel about time traveling? Cheating, or is everyone doing it? Or is it both

It's very cheating but some people prefer it, they're wrong but since AC is so chill we aren't allowed to get mad about it.

Mooks
Apr 18, 2007

Well! What is it!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I heard that Brewster is out, which bums me out incredibly (as upset as you can reasonably get with this game, which isn't much).

Really? That sucks :(

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

With every prior AC game it's been the thing that made me stop playing.

It just feels like there's no point if you can get whatever you want at the push of a button. It just kills the enjoyment.

Same way buying microtransactions are a surefire way to make sure I never touch a game again.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Please tell me Joan is still in?

Joan retired because she's 8000 years old, her granddaughter does the job now.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'm confused about how to get things going for my two animal residents and the others I invited. So far there's just the two basic tents from the start. I just paid off my first home upgrade, and I thought maybe options for adding new houses would show up, but I haven't seen a thing on that end. Or maybe it's just timed, I'm still on my second day.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

stev posted:

With every prior AC game it's been the thing that made me stop playing.

It just feels like there's no point if you can get whatever you want at the push of a button. It just kills the enjoyment.

Same way buying microtransactions are a surefire way to make sure I never touch a game again.

This is my first AC game, and I can see how that would happen. Don't think I'm gonna mess with it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Hit the rock jackpot earlier!

the new flesh dress demands it be shared to new hosts

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Whoever has Duckberg as their island, I'm legit sorry that I didn't have a coconut on me. Thanks for Mabel, though.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

I've done a 180 on it! I was all ready to time travel the heck out of this first few days but so far I have yet to run out of things to do. In some of the past games, after an hour or so there was nothing left to do but wait for tomorrow. This one though, like, you could play as much or as little as you want. The loop goes on for as long as you want it to, pretty nice. Now I'm a weirdo ten days behind for no reason lol.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

https://twitter.com/pixelsuperhero/status/1241482421859540992

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Ok, I think I may be dumb but I just figured out that the order the left and right d-pad uses for cycling through tools is the order they appear in your inventory.

So you can change the order by moving them around! Now I can go right from axe to net when the wasps pop up.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

https://twitter.com/Paul02605697/status/1241493376781836288?s=19

Someone better come for this bird soon

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

This may be a stupid question but does rain satisfy the watering requirement for things I planted? My island has been rained on all day and I’m going to feel stupid if I go around watering things in the rain unnecessarily.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Invite code if peeps want cherries, I have cherries, oranges, apples, and coconuts but need the other two!

6PB91

Come visit The Gulag

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Martytoof posted:

This may be a stupid question but does rain satisfy the watering requirement for things I planted? My island has been rained on all day and I’m going to feel stupid if I go around watering things in the rain unnecessarily.

Rain waters your stuff for you.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

People really seem to be expecting to be at the endgame after less than 48 hours. Huh.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Khanstant posted:

Hit the rock jackpot earlier!

I got one of those earlier, too! Also got this fancy island!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I told him next time I see him he’d better have my money.

He didn’t listen.