Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
there's a solid 5 minutes of the same zombie sound looping when they're jumping on weird rock islands to get to safety

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
negan wearing black socks i get but why would alpha rock the socks

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

moist turtleneck posted:

negan wearing black socks i get but why would alpha rock the socks

Yeah now that you mention it, if anyone would wear footwraps in 2020 it would be Alpha

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

moist turtleneck posted:

there's a solid 5 minutes of the same zombie sound looping when they're jumping on weird rock islands to get to safety

https://www.myinstants.com/instant/mario-jump/

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

as soon as they discovered the box of TNT i was like "someone's gonna drop one and it's gonna explode"

:allears:

:negative:

should we take over/under bets on how long it takes for Magna/Connie to teleport back into existence?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Johnny Truant posted:

should we take over/under bets on how long it takes for Magna/Connie to teleport back into existence?

There will be 2 more episodes that assume they are dead, then there will be a long and pointlessly moody episode about their escape from the cave

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world
Monday morning and no new posts? I guess the gas finally evaporated in the Kia Bandwagon.

I like it these days, though. It's not as aggressively stupid as it used to be, and Beta's one-man Wolfenstein raid was genuinely exciting.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Jai Guru Dave posted:

Monday morning and no new posts? I guess the gas finally evaporated in the Kia Bandwagon.

I like it these days, though. It's not as aggressively stupid as it used to be, and Beta's one-man Wolfenstein raid was genuinely exciting.

the cinematography of that was cool, but everything else about it was typical TWD.txt

good to know they changed the rules of when people turn into walkers though, huh

literally every Rosita/Gabriel scene is loving awful though, hoooooooooly cow

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
yeah I'm trying to watch now and gabriel and rosita being overdramatic loving sucks

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
what exactly did alpha do to make both of Darryl's eyes go bad

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol that kill on neck tat made up for her hesitating on killing the frankenstein man

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

lol that kill on neck tat made up for her hesitating on killing the frankenstein man

Wait did she die? Must've dozed off for that bit

The entire Drrrl/Aloha fight was so bad. She got stabbed in her solar plexus with a literal stick, so she would be dead five different ways, and Drrrl had cgi arterial spray

Gabriel's tough guy act is so fuckin bad though holy poo poo

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah pulling the knife out should have knocked him out and subsequently killed him

I guess neck tat might not be dead but that crunch was so satisfying

Felt like a Friday the 13th kill where Jason breaks someone's back over a tree trunk

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
2 great episodes in a row. Even managed to include the classic "hand reaching out of a grave" shot.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

moist turtleneck posted:

Lmao

Yeah she should have just stabbed him in the neck immediately.

But failing that why didn't she just order him into the cell?

And then why didn't Judith dome him after the shot through the door? They live in a time when the dead reanimate and it's well known that shooting/stabbing a person in the head stops that from happening. So why in the world did they put a bullet into the guys chest, presumably killing him, and then just walk away? As soon as they opened the door and saw a non townie laying on the ground, Judith should have put a second shot into the head.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

And what's with Rosita standing behind Frankenstein guy with his back turned, she holding a sword and shouting HEY?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
why did Rosita act like a jerk and say "I know" when the whisperer said her name was Mary

also why does Rosita randomly decide how many Rs are in her name

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I liked the episode very much. The visuals are so engaging compared to a couple years ago. Beta's horror movie scenes, Daryl's bloody POV. The tight editing. It makes me feel like how the characters might feel, it gives them space, it makes their world seemed lived in.

The writing and plotting could be better but there are still treats like seeing Alpha and Beta executing Whisperer tactics.

Sad to see Laura go. The character was interesting and the actress is super adorable.

The show has improved a lot and I think it's worth savoring. Look at FTWD* and realize TWD could've plummeted just the same.

*(actually, don't)

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I have no clue what has happened for like 2 seasons. Worth hatewatching, or just forget it?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Gortarius posted:

I have no clue what has happened for like 2 seasons. Worth hatewatching, or just forget it?

The show has been a lot more entertaining since Rick and Maggie left

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Pillowpants posted:

What about the other 30 main characters?

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
This whole episode has been waiting to get to the fireworks factory.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I like how Darryl uses a flail in a tight group meant to hold a line.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Pillowpants posted:

Yeah without strong leadership they're really struggling, and it's made for a better show in many ways.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

bobjr posted:

I like how Darryl uses a flail in a tight group meant to hold a line.

Yep. Like Roman tactics would be effective and everyone should have an identical long spear, but that wouldn't be as cool as giving all the action figures their own unique weapons like flails and sledgehammers so...

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Binary Logic posted:

Yeah without strong leadership they're really struggling, and it's made for a better show in many ways.

I was under the impression that Rick, and maybe Maggie also, super sucked as leaders and were the source of most of the problems the survivors faced.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Gortarius posted:

I was under the impression that Rick, and maybe Maggie also, super sucked as leaders and were the source of most of the problems the survivors faced.

Insofar as the show is even coherent, Rick is a psychopath and so is anyone following his example

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Eugene signing over the radio like Dustin in Stranger Things

Also they totally watched the terrible GoT battle of Winterfell and realised how easy it is to make a better battle scene (but kept the darkness because lol budgets)

Marmaduke! fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Mar 11, 2020

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Incredibly bad drama that leads into a terrible fight scene. Oh noooo, flammable tree sap :derp:

There were cool screen caps from last week's episode so I was hopeful :sigh:

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
3 excellent episodes in a row, and the best one in at least 5 seasons! Directed by special effects master Greg Nicotero.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Mar 16, 2020

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I'm done watching after this season, it's not even fun to hate watch this show anymore it's so loving bad

*doesn't check posting history on this topic to see if that's been said before*

:zpatriot:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I like how despite her behavior earlier Carol at the end was all “Just as planned”

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

bobjr posted:

I like how despite her behavior earlier Carol at the end was all “Just as planned”

"how can we make and of this make sense???"
"uhh Carol and Negan were playing 4D chess"
:grin:

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
The "fake out" editing of Lydia escaping and Negan bringing Alpha to that shack was so bad and insulting. The first time they did that cut I knew Lydia was somewhere else, then they kept doing it like they were masterfully crafting tension. It was real embarassing

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Negan dumping out Alpha's head onto the ground was pretty cool :shrug:

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Faustian Bargain posted:

Negan dumping out Alpha's head onto the ground was pretty cool :shrug:
There were several satisfying scenes, this was another:

Also I missed it on first watch, Negan calls Beta "Stabby McTwoKnives" LO freakin' L

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Mar 18, 2020

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
What the hell is going on with this show?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Episode 13 was completely incoherent.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TTerrible posted:

Episode 13 was completely incoherent.

Is it just that they are making some dumb movie? What was the point of all those alternative past scenes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

That was maybe the worst episode of this entire series

Can't believe there's still 3 eps left in this dumb show, let me off the ride early please :psyduck: