Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What are degenerate gamblers resorting to in times like this

I bet on the democratic debate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Silly Burrito posted:

Panic for you maybe, exhilaration for a handful of us.

Not panic, patriots fan here

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

Candidate's Cup. It's a chess tournament. There's a thread in SAS where Hand Knit has been posting observations. It's all way over my head but out of 8 competitors there's a single American so it gives me something to root for, however tenuous

Puttin all my money on Magnus tbh.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It hasn’t set in yet for the vast majority of people that there wont be any sports until the Fall AT BEST. Honestly don’t know how people are going to deal with that.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

They should come by and one of those strong man competitions with chess and have a giant chessboard with enormous and extremely heavy pieces.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It hasn’t set in yet for the vast majority of people that there wont be any sports until the Fall AT BEST. Honestly don’t know how people are going to deal with that.

If there's a second wave of corona Dos Equis then there won't be sports in the fall either.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

If there's a second wave of corona Dos Equis then there won't be sports in the fall either.

That’s why I said at best. But people need to stop pretending that the NBA and NHL are coming back this summer because lol that ain’t happening.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Summer NHL would have been a sight to see, though.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
It's going to be like every previous outbreak and once the panic passes and the occasional coronavirus-related death becomes normal to people, everything will start trending back toward normal with heightened paranoia about anyone who coughs or sneezes. The leagues are going to follow what their audiences want, and they'll want play resumed within I would guess two months, even if there's no live audience at first. Once panic starts to fade people crave normalcy, and one of the most normal things to Americans is sports.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ask Sean Payton.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I've seen DFS guys trying to figure out League of Legends betting. Not sure if it's a bit or not lol

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Jelle's Marble Runs

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

3Dbotmaker hotwheels races

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

How has ESPN not scrambled to get a live league of Robot Wars or some poo poo on TV?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

K8.0 posted:

It's going to be like every previous outbreak and once the panic passes and the occasional coronavirus-related death becomes normal to people, everything will start trending back toward normal with heightened paranoia about anyone who coughs or sneezes. The leagues are going to follow what their audiences want, and they'll want play resumed within I would guess two months, even if there's no live audience at first. Once panic starts to fade people crave normalcy, and one of the most normal things to Americans is sports.

Plus I'd have to think they're going to find some drug or combination of drugs that can mitigate the more severe effects of the virus IE fluid in the lungs that will sort of allow society to resume while we wait for the actual vaccine.

I'm trying to be optimistic

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

There will probably be sports in the Fall but with no fans.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/jwmonicalKSTP/status/1241154536724725760
GRONK

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

K8.0 posted:

Ask Sean Payton.

Every other outbreak never established even a dozen cases in the states. Let alone 20k and counting

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 21, 2020

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

There won't be NFL this year.

There's probably going to be another wave of this in the fall, but even if you don't think that's going to happen, just think of all the things we're gonna start losing. OTAs, training camp, preseason, etc.

More coaches will catch this besides Payton. More players will start catching it because it's inevitable.

This is going to be a completely lost year for sports.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

There's probably going to be another wave of this in the fall, but even if you don't think that's going to happen, just think of all the things we're gonna start losing. OTAs, training camp, preseason, etc.

More coaches will catch this besides Payton. More players will start catching it because it's inevitable.

the perfect offseason to draft Tua

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
You can bet on each ball of a table tennis match.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Ehud posted:

the perfect offseason to draft Tua

I wouldn’t be surprised if Tua went #2 or #3 at this point. Apparently his recovery went as well as it could have, and aside from Chase Young I don’t think anyone is better/plays a premium position like QB, DE, LT.

There was a time when I thought we could get Tua at #5 or maybe even #7, but now I think teams will come back around on him. He was the #1 overall earlier in the season after all.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Quiet Feet posted:

They should come by and one of those strong man competitions with chess and have a giant chessboard with enormous and extremely heavy pieces.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkf83hwMSyA

Close enough?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Slowpoke! posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Tua went #2 or #3 at this point. Apparently his recovery went as well as it could have, and aside from Chase Young I don’t think anyone is better/plays a premium position like QB, DE, LT.

There was a time when I thought we could get Tua at #5 or maybe even #7, but now I think teams will come back around on him. He was the #1 overall earlier in the season after all.

Also no one will be playing football till 2021 so he'll have plenty of time to recover.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Slowpoke! posted:

There’s been a few draftiks like Matt Miller speculating that Tua won’t have the ability to do on-sites or physicals in the lead up to the draft, which can hurt his draft position. Teams aren’t just going to take media reports of him being ahead of schedule as gospel.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There will probably be sports in the Fall but with no fans.

the NRL and AFL seasons underway down under and fans are locked out, it's bizarre watching on TV with usually packed stadiums empty, it sucks. This is our life now :(

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Fat Jesus posted:

the NRL and AFL seasons underway down under and fans are locked out, it's bizarre watching on TV with usually packed stadiums empty, it sucks. This is our life now :(

Jags fans be like "sounds normal to me"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Where on American tv can you watch these rugby games?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Just rerun curling. I never know what’s going on, yet I always watch.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/HoustonTexans/status/1241484731377545216

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Where on American tv can you watch these rugby games?

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/s...8fc390f3cde64d9

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/th...8fc390f3cde64d9

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Cameron Wake is expected to retire.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

This is incredible.

quote:

Enter Randall Cobb, who caught 55 passes in Dallas last year. Though he was drafted in 2011, Cobb still has plenty of juice to make an impact, and in the 'spread out the production' department, he could be a good friend for Watson on third down and more. If the Texans played on Sunday, he'd be out there with Will Fuller V and Kenny Stills. Combining that talent with the rest of the potential pass catchers sounds enticing.

David Johnson, acquired in the Hopkins deal, will have a shot to rack up 1,000 yards and catch a bunch of passes. He and Duke Johnson are versatile and can cause big match-up problems in different formations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Gonz posted:

Cameron Wake is expected to retire.

Hall of fame talent that got overlooked and then stuck in irrelevance in Miami.

One of my favorite dolphins ever.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ehud posted:

Hall of fame talent that got overlooked and then stuck in irrelevance in Miami.

One of my favorite dolphins ever.

Always seemed to wreck Brady’s day.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

not gonna lie i thought cam wake retired like 3 years ago

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

He made his choice. He knew the consequences.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

FizFashizzle posted:

can't believe it's already a lost season and it's only march

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Professor Funk posted:

This is incredible.

The honestly craziest thing I've learned this week is that Randall Cobb and Adam Thielen have the same birthday.

August 22, 1990

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

can't believe it's already a lost season and it's only march

Belicheck will really do anything to avoid a losing season huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/espnnfl/status/1241738887418056705?s=21

How long can you make it through this video