Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Lately I've been having trouble just finding any raids at all. Usually I only have two or three in a wild area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

i'm thinking people are losing interest in pokemon since it came out back in november and the expansion isn't scheduled until june/july right? my online cards rarely have raids any more, only like 2 or 3 per refresh, and 90% of those are either filled or finished by the time i try to get into them

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Freaking Crumbum posted:

i'm thinking people are losing interest in pokemon since it came out back in november and the expansion isn't scheduled until june/july right? my online cards rarely have raids any more, only like 2 or 3 per refresh, and 90% of those are either filled or finished by the time i try to get into them

tbh all I got going for me these days is shiny breeding in Ultra Sun. I did however participate in the most recent raids to get a sweet apple and two tins of bachs food tins so I could get gold standard for all my curries.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

what's the likelihood of a third edition/sequel coming out? I've been thinking of picking up Sword since I'm bored in isolation but knowing my luck the sequels would be announced the day after I did so. The fact that there's an expansion pass makes me feel like it's got to be less likely, but I guess anything's possible

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

i vomit kittens posted:

what's the likelihood of a third edition/sequel coming out? I've been thinking of picking up Sword since I'm bored in isolation but knowing my luck the sequels would be announced the day after I did so. The fact that there's an expansion pass makes me feel like it's got to be less likely, but I guess anything's possible

I'm pretty sure they said we are not getting a third version and the DLC's a replacement for that.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm pretty sure they said we are not getting a third version and the DLC's a replacement for that.

Sure would be nice if while they're adding DLC they could maybe sorta oh I dunno--add some voice acting????

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's nintendo

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Rick posted:

Lately I've been having trouble just finding any raids at all. Usually I only have two or three in a wild area.

At midnight your raids reset. You get the same number of raids as you had left at the end of the previous day but they will move to different dens and the pokemon will change. You get 8 new raids when the last one is gone. So if you don't ever do any raids then you will have the same number every day

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I got a lot of raid action today (joining games) so I think it sort of just depends on the luck of your server draw. I was popping in between natural breaks in Animal Crossing and am wondering if others were doing the same.

Hammerite posted:

At midnight your raids reset. You get the same number of raids as you had left at the end of the previous day but they will move to different dens and the pokemon will change. You get 8 new raids when the last one is gone. So if you don't ever do any raids then you will have the same number every day

poo poo. Well that explains it. I guess I better do that last one I was ignoring today.

Rick fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 22, 2020

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dragon Quest kept voice acting out for decades because "tradition" that excuse isn't gonna fly with me.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The only voice acting I will accept in a Pokemon game is C-list PS1 Resident Evil clone voice acting.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Flopsy posted:

Dragon Quest kept voice acting out for decades because "tradition" that excuse isn't gonna fly with me.

both dragon quest and pokemon should grow the gently caress up and use real instrumentation!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Super No Vacancy posted:

both dragon quest and pokemon should grow the gently caress up and use real instrumentation!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Switch port of DQ did, actually.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Funky Valentine posted:

The only voice acting I will accept in a Pokemon game is C-list PS1 Resident Evil clone voice acting.

what? what IS this...

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

If anything, Pikachu and Eevee should go back to Game Boy era beeps :colbert:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Flopsy posted:

What? It had voice acting since DQ8 if the game could handle it. And that was the first DQ game on the PS2. DQ7 was on the PS1, which probably could have handled it, but that's not exactly decades. And the earlier ones were on the NES and SNES, which weren't exactly systems where they could handle that sort of thing.

Quite a few Nintendo games nowadays have voice acting as well.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

qnqnx posted:

If anything, Pikachu and Eevee should go back to Game Boy era beeps :colbert:

I loving hate Eevee’s stupid wawoo noise it makes.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

You better not be talking poo poo about YEAH BOI.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Bee posted:

You better not be talking poo poo about YEAH BOI.

EVAAAH EVAAAAH EVAAAH

The worst. I’m sure kids love it or something.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

indigi posted:

what? what IS this...

HelLO. Welcome -totheworldofPookiemahn.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Araxxor posted:

What? It had voice acting since DQ8 if the game could handle it. And that was the first DQ game on the PS2. DQ7 was on the PS1, which probably could have handled it, but that's not exactly decades. And the earlier ones were on the NES and SNES, which weren't exactly systems where they could handle that sort of thing.

Quite a few Nintendo games nowadays have voice acting as well.

The English definitive version had voice acting not the original. It took another couple years for them to add that into the DS remake and even then they dragged their feet about making that the norm. If something as slow to change as dragon quest can get on top of that nintendo has no excuse.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Not every game needs voice acting. Lets make simlish an acceptable compromise.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

it sucks

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Pokemon should have voice acting but it should all be people saying the word "human" over and over again in different ways.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adFPJOLB-fc

Put in the realistic screaming from the one series.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Just hatched a shiny Growlithe. I had zero intentions of using one and was just making a single egg of everything in my first box to infect with pokerus and send out over surprise trade. Its got the wrong nature and wrong ability.

Now I need a name. I must use it. Ive never hatched a shiny before.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Furnaceface posted:

Just hatched a shiny Growlithe. I had zero intentions of using one and was just making a single egg of everything in my first box to infect with pokerus and send out over surprise trade. Its got the wrong nature and wrong ability.

Nothing you can't fix now with a Mint and Ability Capsule!
As for names, Na Dawg. Because sodium burns with a yellow flame.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

Shisa or Ruìshī which are two of the names you can find for Foo dogs. There's a lot more to choose from I just liked those.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

qnqnx posted:

Not every game needs voice acting. Lets make simlish an acceptable compromise.

Yeah, Nintendo had games with VA in them for a good while now. It's just up to them whether a game has it or not.

It's only really a problem in SwSh because the cutscenes have more dynamic camera angles, so it really feels like something is missing as you watch these characters silently lip flap at you while subtitles are at the bottom for an extended period of time, with no way to speed through the text . The game really looks like it should have voice acting, but it doesn't. Like everything involving Piers' "singing." Felt like someone just ripped out any audio tracks during that portion of the game.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Mar 22, 2020

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

The new Fire Emblem voices the entire drat game and makes it really feel like it's a big boy console game because of it. And gently caress does Fire Emblem has a lot of talking. If they can do it for that game they should've done it for Pokemon because it just feels wrong not having it now. Also yes anime cries for all mons.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Pokémon should go back to being 2D, imo

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Scrap Dragon posted:

I wouldn't mind that either, the sprites look almost universally better than the models and you can forgive jumping up and down being an attack animation.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Scrap Dragon posted:

Though yeah, I'd say pokemon did look better in 2D, I also say it was because the usage of 3D models has been lazy, and with pretty mediocre and desaturated textures.
They could also learn how to use particle effects, the smoke on Torkoal or Galarian Wheezing just looks wrong.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
They finally nailed the look of my favorite starter - Feraligatr - in 2D right before they switched over to 3D and he's never quite looked as good since.

vs.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

Dragon quest 11 didn't the first time around (non-switch) because the person who does the orchestral music is a spoiled brat.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Dragon quest 11 didn't the first time around (non-switch) because the person who does the orchestral music is a spoiled brat.

Spoiled brat is a weird way of saying massively racist against anyone not japanese

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

Spoiled brat is a weird way of saying massively racist against anyone not japanese

Don't forget about the war crime denier part.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

mandatory lesbian posted:

Araxxor posted:

Don't forget about the war crime denier part.

We can say he's a straight up fascist guys. It's okay.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

overall went 30-15 with weakness policy aegislash. most of the losses were against matches like a choice sableye with trick/disable/recover/fling or a leftovers whimsicott with substitute and leech seed. basically any matchup where the other player actually used an attack move, i won, but all of the mons that relied on passive damage / status moves ate my lunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Freaking Crumbum posted:

Animal Crossing dropped on Friday, everyone on my friends list is playing it