Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Argue posted:

What the gently caress... I was fine leaving the gates open because I thought only best friends could do destructive operations on your town... but while I was having lunch, one of you assholes came in and took all my saplings. I'd completed all the non-native fruit and now all of them are gone. :mad:

fuckin lame. man this is a chill game, why the gently caress people gotta suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

JosefStalinator posted:

Any southern hemisphere goons around? Need me my southern fishies.

:same:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Sorry for jumping the gun, I figured it out. People can't actually do that unless they're marked best friends. And one of mine took the trees because he thought those changes wouldn't persist on my town. So he's on his way to give back my trees.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Argue posted:

What the gently caress... I was fine leaving the gates open because I thought only best friends could do destructive operations on your town... but while I was having lunch, one of you assholes came in and took all my saplings. I'd completed all the non-native fruit and now all of them are gone. :mad:
the only people who can make changes to the town (ie: axe & shovel permissions) are "best friends," and you have to add them manually. So, unless you went crazy with adding folks on there, the number of culprits should be small?
Unless you mean you literally just dropped them on the ground without planting them, to which I would say: why

e: beaten

Argue posted:

Sorry for jumping the gun, I figured it out. People can't actually do that unless they're marked best friends. And one of mine took the trees because he thought those changes wouldn't persist on my town. So he's on his way to give back my trees.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

JosefStalinator posted:

chaosbreather had his town open for a good while earlier today, i flew over and caught a bunch of cool stuff that was out-of-season including a piranha and a dorado.

i didn't actually check where he was, i just flew over blind and was like 'aw yeah it's fall here'. i don't think i'll do more southern hemisphere expeditions for creatures tho, i plan on playing this for more than long enough and want to get the rest of that stuff naturally so i have more to look forward to. i'll prolly just head out and check out the cool stuff people are doing from now on, especially as later game stuff is unlocked as i have absolutely no imagination of my own and want to get some cool ideas of what to do with my island when i have the ability to move stuff around and poo poo.

Argue posted:

ok good, if some shithead itt was doing crap like this i'd want them to be permabanned tbh

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I put a bunch of stuff in the drop-off box before the store opened for the first time today. When do I get the money for it?

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

mancalamania posted:

It's insane to me that either (1) the only piece of non-Googleable information on the entire Earth is what time the turnips will be on sale tomorrow, or (2) the one hit I get from Google that claims they're only available from 4am-8am is actually correct.

I think she is around all morning. I read your post at 7.57 and though ' poo poo I am gonna miss Daisy Mae' ran got my switch, went through the slow loading screens had to watch a long intro from tom nook by the time I got in at 8.05am she was still there selling turnips for 94 bells. Super cute.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I'm southern hemisphere, probably not gonna have time to open up for a couple hours so might be too late for you guys. But add me, my code's in the spreadsheet.

kirsus
Oct 9, 2012

Buncha freaks. I'll kill you all. well you know, in theory #166

paarp
Lipstick Apathy

JosefStalinator posted:

26YPX

I also have some peaches if you need any of those.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
When I see fruit on trees on a friend's island, do they also see that fruit? Don't want to take all the resources when I visit.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

kirsus posted:

26YPX

I will visit <3

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Spacebump posted:

When I see fruit on trees on a friend's island, do they also see that fruit? Don't want to take all the resources when I visit.
Everything you see on a friend's island is the same thing they see/have.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How do you add people as friends when you've visited them?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Escobarbarian posted:

I put a bunch of stuff in the drop-off box before the store opened for the first time today. When do I get the money for it?
It accumulates all day and they pay you out the next day when the shop opens, via calling you when you load into the game. It goes directly into your savings account.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Actually I have time now. My island will be open after this post for a few hours - LC4SH .

Come get your autumn fish!

Metis of the Chat Thread fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Mar 22, 2020

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

RealFoxy posted:

It accumulates all day and they pay you out the next day when the shop opens, via calling you when you load into the game. It goes directly into your savings account.

drat! I had enough to pay off the rest of my most recent loan in there :( was really hoping it would pay out when the shop opened this morning.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Tools don't break for player 2 if you're playing co-op on a local machine. If you plan on fishing for a long period of time or doing some major teraforming with the shovel/axe it's probably the best way to get things done.

The tools retain their regular durability though, so the next time you play that character individually, their tools will break on next-use. Used this trick to re-plant a bunch of trees in creating an orchard.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

professor metis posted:

Actually I have time now. My island will be open after this post for a few hours - LC4SH .

Come get your autumn fish!

I'll come visit if there's still room.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Do I unlock anything if I use up all the fences Nook gave me? Or is it ok to just bide my time on this?

RealFoxy posted:

Tools don't break for player 2 if you're playing co-op on a local machine. If you plan on fishing for a long period of time or doing some major teraforming with the shovel/axe it's probably the best way to get things done.

The tools retain their regular durability though, so the next time you play that character individually, their tools will break on next-use. Used this trick to re-plant a bunch of trees in creating an orchard.

Just to be clear, for player 2, or for the person who is not the team leader?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
https://twitter.com/nocturneis/status/1241345111901913088?s=19

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Argue posted:

Do I unlock anything if I use up all the fences Nook gave me? Or is it ok to just bide my time on this?
There's a nook miles stamp for putting down some of them, not sure what the number was exactly though, but not all 50.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Argue posted:

Just to be clear, for player 2, or for the person who is not the team leader?
For player 2. The leader's tools still break normally.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Already imagining the queues on islands that got 800 bells per turnip on Monday. Please maintain a safe distance

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
KDYBQ for turnips for 104 bells - I’ve got an hour left for not Joan

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Tom Nook posted:

Spending your Bells on the island helps revitalize the local economy, yes, yes!
Apparently all islands count because I've just got this reward at another goon's.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

nerd_of_prey posted:

I think she is around all morning. I read your post at 7.57 and though ' poo poo I am gonna miss Daisy Mae' ran got my switch, went through the slow loading screens had to watch a long intro from tom nook by the time I got in at 8.05am she was still there selling turnips for 94 bells. Super cute.

I don't know when she shows up, but she definitely leaves around 12pm.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

in previous animal crossing games turnips were sold from 6am-12pm, so i imagine it's similar hours to that.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

kirsus posted:

26YPX

I'mma swing in and score a peach if there's an abundance

kirsus
Oct 9, 2012

Buncha freaks. I'll kill you all. well you know, in theory #166

paarp
Lipstick Apathy

Nessus posted:

I'mma swing in and score a peach if there's an abundance

Oops. sorry just closed after everyone else left.

New code is 0X3KV.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ayyyy, customizing furniture kicks rear end

making all my wood furniture either pink wood or pastel

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Brother Entropy posted:

ayyyy, customizing furniture kicks rear end

making all my wood furniture either pink wood or pastel

I see great minds think alike as I did the exact same thing.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(
Any northerner people open? Would like to get some fish/bugs. Can bring an apple and a peach (got cleaned out earlier :) ).

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

finally got a stringfish, have now caught every fish and bug available for this time of the year in the northern hemisphere. bring on april :getin:

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Kiwillian posted:

Any northerner people open? Would like to get some fish/bugs. Can bring an apple and a peach (got cleaned out earlier :) ).

3N996. Need apples. And a spare ladder if you got one.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Is there a guide to what fish can be caught when? Needa get on that and make sure I have all my seasonal bugs/fish.

Also kinda surprised that my Day 4 is as slow as it is. I'm so used to having to build houses and whatnot that Nook just saying 'btw just paint a chair pink I don't really care' has me feeling empty. Least I donated everything to blathers, bought a ton of turnips (holy poo poo why can't I store them???) and got my first neighbor to move in.

Wonder when I can make another bridge as I kinda wound up not using the island the villager houses are on so Boomers off on a slice of land by himself :v:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Wonder when I can make another bridge as I kinda wound up not using the island the villager houses are on so Boomers off on a slice of land by himself :v:
that place is now boomer territory

Boomer ended up in a secluded spot for me too, a piece of land near the ocean cut off from the rest of the island. I now call it Boomer Beach

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Is there a guide to what fish can be caught when? Needa get on that and make sure I have all my seasonal bugs/fish.

Also kinda surprised that my Day 4 is as slow as it is. I'm so used to having to build houses and whatnot that Nook just saying 'btw just paint a chair pink I don't really care' has me feeling empty. Least I donated everything to blathers, bought a ton of turnips (holy poo poo why can't I store them???) and got my first neighbor to move in.

I had to do it the long way (Bringing up a guide from Google, making a Google Sheets doc, manually checking everything off) but after it's finished I might post the copy online for everyone else to use, until someone makes an easier to use online tool

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Your Computer posted:

that place is now boomer territory

Boomer ended up in a secluded spot for me too, a piece of land near the ocean cut off from the rest of the island. I now call it Boomer Beach

Now is an ideal time to keep your boomers isolated anyways.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

the rare stuff you gotta worry about for march are the sturgeon, footballfish and stringfish, assuming you're in the northern hemisphere. sturgeon are found in the river mouth, footballfish in the ocean, and stringfish on the 2nd or 3rd level of your town in the river. sea butterflies and bitterlings also go away at the end of march but are much more common.

emperor butterflies also go away after march.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Gonna dupe a bunch of tarantulas and release them all to terrorize my neighbors