Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Charliegrs posted:

So this pandemic is probably going to put the US health insurance companies into bankruptcy eventually right? I can't wait to see our tax money go to bailout these companies as if they don't take enough of our money already.

itll be fun to see the reasons they use to justify bailing out failed insurance companies rather than just nationalize healthcare. because the free market is so important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Shaocaholica posted:

Like I mentioned earlier a lot of people don’t develop a cough they get the runs. So you’ll have to somehow get your stool into a rich persons butt or hands.

I will do my best

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Charliegrs posted:

So this pandemic is probably going to put the US health insurance companies into bankruptcy eventually right? I can't wait to see our tax money go to bailout these companies as if they don't take enough of our money already.

They are going to force hospitals to close during this to take their assets because the hospitals aren’t bringing in enough revenue to stay in profit

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

EL BROMANCE posted:

Cuomos presser on at the moment has been excelllent, again. Guy really knows how to talk to his state during these times. Concise info, also being summed up with a PowerPoint next to him.

In the era of Trumps godawful back patting ceremonies, thank god we have someone doing a good job and calling people out as needed. I don’t even live in NY and I feel like I benefit from this.

Bernie or bust

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Bernie or bust

Biden and Bernie have been hiding out like the vulnerable old squishy men that they are

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

sweet thursday posted:

Biden and Bernie have been hiding out like the vulnerable old squishy men that they are

Bernie has been actively working to pass bills to get money to Americans and raised over $2 million for 5 different coronavirus-based charities in the past two days.

Biden hasn't been seen in days.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
They had to restrain him and lock him up because he kept trying to lick other people

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Baller Time posted:

They had to restrain him and lock him up because he kept trying to lick other people

Ain't nothin' in the Constitution that says a dog can't be President!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

You bunch of dog lickin' pony soldiers

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

Charliegrs posted:

Let them burn. Paves the way to single payer.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Drunk Nerds posted:

My wife came home with symptoms: Aches, slight shortness of breath, congestion. No fever, though.
But I can count on one hand every time my wife's been sick in the 14 years I've known her, so if this is covid it's going to get its rear end kicked.

I'm very rarely taking sick days when I'm at work (or at least taking sick days for sick reasons) so I hope I'm in the same boat of having a strong badass immune system to diminish the symptoms

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Charliegrs posted:

when this is done the working class will all be debtslaves to the healthcare industry

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Bernie has been actively working to pass bills to get money to Americans and raised over $2 million for 5 different coronavirus-based charities in the past two days.

Biden hasn't been seen in days.

That's like, literally untrue. He just hasn't been covered because he's not top news right now, but you can do a search and easily see his activities from the last few days.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Shouldnt have brought up politrix. I know better. Thankfully my FB feed just showed me the whitest thing on the planet: a girl I know keeping her travel blog alive during the pandemic and her friends calling her brave for it

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

sweet thursday posted:

Shouldnt have brought up politrix. I know better. Thankfully my FB feed just showed me the whitest thing on the planet: a girl I know keeping her travel blog alive during the pandemic and her friends calling her brave for it

how is misogyny apolitical

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Spacegrass
May 1, 2013

Kenny Rogers died. A bad day for country.

Tender love is blind
It requires a dedication
All this love we feel
Needs no conversation
We ride it together, ah-ha
Making love with each other, ah-ha

Islands in the stream
That is what we are
No one in between
How can we be wrong
Sail away with me
To another world
And we rely on each other, ah-ha
From one lover to another, ah-ha

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004

Pick posted:

That's like, literally untrue. He just hasn't been covered because he's not top news right now, but you can do a search and easily see his activities from the last few days.

Where was his last appearance on TV or streaming? I can’t find anything recent.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Pick posted:

What hell have I wrought

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Pick posted:

:hmmyes:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
libs fighting over when two old dudes last went on tv in the middle of an old dudes killing pandemic

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

A person I know who happens to be a girl, described as such so you can form your own mental imagine, as in a story.

I'll be back later today when this thread isn't insane

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

sweet thursday posted:

I'll be back later today when this thread isn't insane

I have bad news for you regarding the Something Awful forums

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Hammerite posted:

I have bad news for you regarding the Something Awful forums

way to generalize an entire group of people

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Shaocaholica posted:

So you’ll have to somehow get your stool into a rich persons butt or hands.

This is a service i provide.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Philthy posted:

way to generalize an entire group of people

anti-goon racism is real and it 👏 is 👏 Not 👏 OK 👏

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Imagine still getting trolled by Pick in TYOOL COVID-19.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Pick: you can stay in my sleeping bag tonight if you want

Hugh: lol truck goes brrrrrrr

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I am living in a russian nesting doll of historical moments.

Please try to be kind. When you troll others, you are actually trolling yourself

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Dell_Zincht posted:

Nobody in the UK appears to be taking a slightest bit of notice of the government's plea to practice social distancing - The parks and beaches are full of people drinking booze because they're no longer allowed to sit in the pub all day.

loving idiots.

I drove past B and Q this morning and the car park was 90% full. I know people are thinking that the weathers nice and they might be staying at home more but come on.

Also this was Tesco in one West Yorkshire town this morning:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Pick: you can stay in my sleeping bag tonight if you want

Hugh: lol truck goes brrrrrrr

lol

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
got a voicemail forwarded to me of a family friend WHOS NOT AN ALARMIST OR ANYTHING but suggested if we can to "go out into the forest for awhile"

I MUST SWIRLIE YOU

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Chinatown posted:

got a voicemail forwarded to me of a family friend WHOS NOT AN ALARMIST OR ANYTHING but suggested if we can to "go out into the forest for awhile"

I MUST SWIRLIE YOU

Forest walks rule and is helping me from going weird which as you can tell from my posting is a daily challenge

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

7000 people die per day in the US

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Dont Touch ME posted:

7000 people die per day in the US

if i see another lovely celeb doing some sort of viral stay at home thing it's going to be 7001

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
Update: I now have a cough. Maybe I should order some flowers for my funeral now, I hear they are going cheap

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

monkeytennis posted:

I drove past B and Q this morning and the car park was 90% full. I know people are thinking that the weathers nice and they might be staying at home more but come on.

had a panic attack thinking mother’s day is today but it’s not, what the gently caress

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Boris Johnson is going to start doing daily briefings.
Twist the knife why don't you?

gently caress me, he's standing behind a sign that says "protect the NHS" Cheeky oval office.

Hammerite posted:

I thought he already was doing

It's official now

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 22, 2020

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Adolf Glitter posted:

Boris Johnson is going to start doing daily briefings.
Twist the knife why don't you?

I thought he already was doing

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Louisgod posted:

had a panic attack thinking mother’s day is today but it’s not, what the gently caress

yeah, what the gently caress is this some monty python poo poo or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

monkeytennis posted:

In the US the grocery stores are limiting the number of people allowed inside at any given time.