Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Nondevor posted:

Nintendo please streamline these cutscenes ahhhh

I love how, back in the 80s, Nintendo was ahead of the curve by adding a modem to the NES, and the same engineer that made that decision was locked in a windowless room, given no updates on the outside world, and made responsible for all online/multiplayer decisions since.

Edit: I'm trying to be quick about buying my clothes sorry! Need to stop by the shop as well.

Paladin fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Mar 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So does Daisy Mae just vanish if you don't buy turnips from her?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Nondevor posted:

You dropped 2 apples, right? Yeah I picked them up.

I think I need to close the gates soon ahaha

I've been in plenty of town but holy cow is this one crazy. I can't even leave and buying clothes ended up taking an age haha.

Thank you again

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Funky Valentine posted:

She leaves at like noon regardless. Maybe 11? Not sure her hours.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

You have to leave the screen somehow. If you never enter a building or invite a new villager etc, she can be there until 5AM the next day.

But she’s gonna be gone after noon if you “refresh the screen”

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Hey nondevor can you set up a house for me please I don't think the game is ever going to let me leave

edit 10th time's the charm

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Looks like you can take the exterior furniture from your neighbors before they've moved in... too scared to do it in case Nook knows.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

My hot item for the day is log stakes so that's 720 bells for 3 wood. Not too shabby.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Viridiant posted:

They don't.

Dunno, all I had to do was go to Resident Services and talk to Nook after finishing all three houses.

Are you sure you placed the external furniture in each house's range? And that theres a check mark next to all of the furniture when you click on the house plots deposit box thing?

Also are you the Island Representative or a second player?

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Lessons learned: 1) a lot of people want glasses; 2) I need to make sure I’m not doing anything else before the resulting Dodo codes rush...

Glad I could help though! Might reopen later in the day if people still want to buy accessories.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

My newest island exploration fashion

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Nondevor posted:

Lessons learned: 1) a lot of people want glasses; 2) I need to make sure I’m not doing anything else before the resulting Dodo codes rush...

Glad I could help though! Might reopen later in the day if people still want to buy accessories.

Part of it I think is that if I'm going to buy the glasses, I'm going to buy everything else there too because why not and with everyone else doing that too it gets pretty nuts, haha.

I'm still on the lookout for the square frame black glasses, too! These ones will suit for now, though!

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Any kindly Southern Hemisphere goon want to let me in to catch fish and bugs? I can leave peaches and not much else behind.

SW-7731-1686-8889

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Drone posted:

Dunno, all I had to do was go to Resident Services and talk to Nook after finishing all three houses.

Are you sure you placed the external furniture in each house's range? And that theres a check mark next to all of the furniture when you click on the house plots deposit box thing?

Also are you the Island Representative or a second player?

Yes to all those.

I think it's because the bridge isn't finished being built. I thought if I finished all of those in one day then I'd get the bridge and three new villagers the next day.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

My bridge is also not done yet.

Dunno, wait until tomorrow I guess?

compounded daily
Mar 29, 2007

:buddy:
Fun Shoe
Does anyone know how long the celebration period is? I wanted to wait until my new villagers arrived before engaging in the opening ceremonies for my museum and Nook's Cranny. Would be kinda weird to only have a couple villagers busting party poppers

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

90 bell turnips on Nibiru Island for the next 20ish minutes!(closing at noon PST) Stop by! I have a few cherries and bamboo shoots on the ground in front of the airport, those are for taking if you need them (max 2 each please don't be greedy :blush: )

Dodo code: ----

Also, my island is a mess and there is stuff everywhere. Please don't take anything besides the cherries and bamboo shoots!

e. Closed

DorkBot3000 fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 22, 2020

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

What can non-besties do when visiting you? I don't mind if you shake my orchard, but please don't touch my (future) museum donations! Selling :420: to the Nook boys, lol.

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

Wow, ya'll weren't joking about the arrival cutscene being awful. It's going to take the entire 20 minutes for people to show up. Lol

derra
Dec 29, 2012
New to the series:

Why is blocking yourself off and hitting a stone over and over a thing? Is this mechanic ever explained in game?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Are Squids the only animal with 2 jokes when you catch them?

Its like they couldn't bear to not have a Mario joke or a Splatoon joke

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

DorkBot3000 posted:

90 bell turnips on Nibiru Island for the next 20ish minutes!(closing at noon PST) Stop by! I have a few cherries and bamboo shoots on the ground in front of the airport, those are for taking if you need them (max 2 each please don't be greedy :blush: )

Dodo code: BV9XK

Also, my island is a mess and there is stuff everywhere. Please don't take anything besides the cherries and bamboo shoots!

CLOSE THE BORDERS

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Crafting for money doesn't to seem very worth past the first level of nested crafts (unless you get a hot-item.)

The value of your stuff seems to be always "value of the total of materials used * 2", no matter if it uses raw materials or a crafted thing (like the wooden-block toy for making wooden-block furniture)

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

DorkBot3000 posted:

Dodo code: BV9XK

Let me innnnnnnnnnnn

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

derra posted:

New to the series:

Why is blocking yourself off and hitting a stone over and over a thing? Is this mechanic ever explained in game?

In the previous games I think there'd sometimes be random villager dialogue mentioning that the rocks only give out stuff for a short time so you need to keep hitting it as fast as you can. I haven't seen anything like that so far but I'd be surprised if it's not in the game somewhere.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

DorkBot3000 posted:

Dodo code: ----

e. Closed
An absolute mensch.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Ruffian Price posted:

Goddamn I am making bank crafting and selling workbenches. Is everybody's double sale price item the mini DIY workbench today? If not, come to BHMSC and bring in your poo poo :shobon: Nookshop needs a vaulting pole to get to.

Sale price for one is 5,160 Bells.

e: closed up, will be back in a few hours!

Reopening with code MV3K9, BYO wood and iron

e: it is done.

Ruffian Price fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Mar 22, 2020

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Should I be hanging onto gold nuggets for crafting purposes, or are they only useful for ca$h?

Goobish
May 31, 2011

That pelican guy is passed out on my beach but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with him? I managed to wake him up but that didn't trigger anything to my knowledge and now he's back to being passed out on my beach lol.

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

Well.. closing down now. Why did i do this. Let me out this cutscene hell hahaha :sweatdrop:

Also, do people leaving count as "scene changing" and make Daisy disappear? It looked like it did.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Goobish posted:

That pelican guy is passed out on my beach but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with him? I managed to wake him up but that didn't trigger anything to my knowledge and now he's back to being passed out on my beach lol.

Keep taking to him. He's got something you can help him with

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Holy poo poo!!

https://twitter.com/caoki8/status/1241801984715284480?s=21

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Infinitum posted:

You can apply filters to the photo if that's what you're asking?

I meant like screenshots that look good from the switch. Other than a roundabout “upload to Twitter and download from that” I’m wanting good pictures

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I meant like screenshots that look good from the switch. Other than a roundabout “upload to Twitter and download from that” I’m wanting good pictures

Yeah you have to pull them off the sd card. The twitter uploads have terrible compression.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Speaking of photos, is there a point to Harvey's island? His house is giving off hella creeper serial killer vibes.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Cherries on my island. Come and get them. If anyone wants to bring peaches or apples that would be sweet. Theres also 1 orange tree you can harvest, but please don't take it.

Dodo: Closed for now! Thanks for stopping by.

There's also an espresso machine in Nook's shop right now.

ZarathustraFollower fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 22, 2020

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Two quick questions that are probably answered in the thread but I can't find them:

1. I saw people talking about how you get access to a starter kit of DIY furniture recipes that use your island's fruit as an ingredient. How do you get these recipes? Do you need the shop open. Both my neighbors have houses starting today and they appear to be using this furniture.

2. How do I get external designs into the game? I don't see any options in the design app, even after upgrading to the pro version.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

compounded daily posted:

So you can't put turnips in storage, apparently...

Guess I'll just, uh, hold onto 830 of them for a while

You can bury them

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Casu Marzu posted:

Speaking of photos, is there a point to Harvey's island? His house is giving off hella creeper serial killer vibes.

If you use villagers as models you get the option to buy a poster of them at the Nook terminal.

Other than that or making fun pictures there's no real purpose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Can you only be chased by one tarantula at a time? Is that what is happening?