Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

learnincurve posted:

Am I the first one in the thread to have the rona?

I’ve been absolutely self isolated for 12 days and now am at “making turnip crisps on twitter”.

Minicurve’s class had a Typhoid Mary who decided to hold off on telling her parents till she was near collapse, because she didn’t want to miss her mock exams, and had already passed whatever it was to mini and then me - she tested positive for coronavirus and has had to do the text message circle of shame.

No coughs, mini had a very high temp and both of us have had dizziness, fatigue and oh god my bones hurt.

It’s the waves you will learn to hate, mini has had this thing for two weeks, thought she was over it and then felt like poo poo again today.

That's a bunch that think they have it but without testing can't be sure. How did the lass in your daughter's class get tested? Rich or very very ill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Soylent Yellow posted:

https://twitter.com/McDonaldsUK/status/1241824519280566274

poo poo's getting serious.

I thought there was a push to keep takeaways open.

Okay, :tinfoil: time - has anyone looked in detail at the government's compensation plans? Is it possible this is them attempting to profit off it (or at least lose less) by closing down and getting HMG to cover the losses rather than keeping open with much-reduced revenues? Call me Mr. Cynical but I really can't see McDonald's, of all companies, choosing what's right over what's profitable.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
seems like the bcg might help the body fight off the worst of covid19 which is good news as i got it

https://www.brusselstimes.com/all-news/belgium-all-news/101057/tb-vaccine-considered-in-fight-against-coronavirus/

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Harvey Weinstein didn't Covid-19 himself

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010
Yeah, im on day 6 of what is 70% just a cold, but have really tight chest pain whenever im not on paracetamol (or when i'm panicking, may be anxiety), but no fever, no real coughs anymore. Might be nasal drip getting to my chest, as im very phlegmy. Keep readimg about the 1 in 100 30 year olds who dont make it and alternating between hoping i have it and this it, and really really hoping I dont.

Mate who is a murse showing me the oxidation sensor on my phone really positively increased my mental health. Lowest has been 96%, now mostly around 98 to 100%

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

NotJustANumber99 posted:

That's a bunch that think they have it but without testing can't be sure. How did the lass in your daughter's class get tested? Rich or very very ill?

She got very ill, asthmatic and started coughing till she threw up, spent one night in hospital and got sent home.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

seems like the bcg might help the body fight off the worst of covid19 which is good news as i got it

https://www.brusselstimes.com/all-news/belgium-all-news/101057/tb-vaccine-considered-in-fight-against-coronavirus/

Well gently caress, I haven't had it because I reacted to the puncture test. Turns out the superpower I had for a year at school is now my weakness.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Well gently caress, I haven't had it because I reacted to the puncture test. Turns out the superpower I had for a year at school is now my weakness.

yeah rip

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos
I've had mild cold symptoms (intermittent wet cough and occasional very slight sore throat) for a few weeks now. I'm not in a hotspot, and I've consistently passed my 'Rona self-diagnosis test of running 4 miles without dying so far.

Oh, I also have partial anosmia, but I've had that since before it was cool.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I remember getting the BCG and everyone thinking that if you got punched in the arm after having it you could die (so plenty of lads punched each other in the arm)

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010

Soylent Yellow posted:

I've had mild cold symptoms (intermittent wet cough and occasional very slight sore throat) for a few weeks now. I'm not in a hotspot, and I've consistently passed my 'Rona self-diagnosis test of running 4 miles without dying so far.

I had very mild cold symptoms so tried to run a second 5k for that week and only made 3k, since then my chest and back muscles are horrible, so really dont recommend this as a diagnosis tool.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
apparently they stopped doing the BCG for everyone in 2005, which I had no idea about

I am protected at least

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Weasling Weasel posted:

I had very mild cold symptoms so tried to run a second 5k for that week and only made 3k, since then my chest and back muscles are horrible, so really dont recommend this as a diagnosis too.

Running appeals to the self-flagellist in me.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Soylent Yellow posted:

I've been aggressively sniffing lots of stuff today.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

XMNN posted:

apparently they stopped doing the BCG for everyone in 2005, which I had no idea about

I am protected at least

babies get it before being discharged from hospital now

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Bardeh posted:

I remember getting the BCG and everyone thinking that if you got punched in the arm after having it you could die (so plenty of lads punched each other in the arm)

We just punched each other in the arm because it hurt like hell. Still have a scar on my arm from that particular vaccination

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I discovered my anosmia while working somewhere that sold scented candles. Someone handed me a raspberry-scented candle, and asked me what it smelled of. "Candle".

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Mr. Biden? You're still alive?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

We just punched each other in the arm because it hurt like hell. Still have a scar on my arm from that particular vaccination

bet you're happy now though

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

forkboy84 posted:

Now imagine being one of only three kids in the school (which was Lord of the Flies at the best of times) *without* that weakness? I was a living god, I tell you.

Undead Hippo
Jun 2, 2013

kecske posted:

babies get it before being discharged from hospital now

Is... is that why young children are more resistant than everybody expected?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This really isn’t anything like I’ve had before and I’ve had glandular fever, not wallowing in self pity or anything because we have it mild compared to most, it’s the waves that really get on your nerves and I’m hearing this all over from people - one hour or one day you are fine and then it just comes back and hits you in the face again. Mini went a week of being fine and then WHAM her bones hurt for half a day and back to being dizzy again.

Edit: Oh yeh and I couldn’t taste anything sweet and didn’t get any kick from spirits for 3 days, the chalky poison tastes loving awful today and went in the bin.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 22, 2020

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Now imagine being one of only three kids in the school (which was Lord of the Flies at the best of times) *without* that weakness? I was a living god, I tell you.

Immunity to BCG pain was one of my two superpowers in secondary school. The other power was the ability to store and aggressively transmit the static electricity from CRT monitors in the computer rooms.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1241780756617273345?s=19

Always in threes right? Fingers crossed for old 'Tone.

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010
I cant wait until Thursday so i can return to my 3000 large call centre with no more than 3ft between people, doing a job I absolutely could do at home but we havent got laptops to give people. Oh, did I mention that we had an active case on our floor? Yeah, were still 100% open of course, and managment lied to say the guy had been isolating for a week depsite being in the day before he was diagnosed.

If i havent alresdy got it, I feel like im walking into a death trap when my holiday ends on Thursday.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
My BCG injection got infected and exploded over my pillow about a week later. Big scar still.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Okay, :tinfoil: time - has anyone looked in detail at the government's compensation plans? Is it possible this is them attempting to profit off it (or at least lose less) by closing down and getting HMG to cover the losses rather than keeping open with much-reduced revenues? Call me Mr. Cynical but I really can't see McDonald's, of all companies, choosing what's right over what's profitable.
They did switch to takeaway only before the government said "maybe we should switch restaurants to takeaway only" along with a bunch of other smaller businesses, so they're not completely without remorse.

That said, yeah, probably.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

McDonalds UK is massively PR focused, they will cave under just a hint of bad PR and donating stock to places that need and appearing to be doing the right thing is the easiest PR win imaginable. There's another issue at least in my area where some stores are starting to reach the limit of what they can do with the amount of healthy crew they have left.Then there's the decision made midweek to stop 24h trading so all stores would be running 7am-midnight hours, this is probably them deciding to close at the start of the week because they expect to be ordered to instead of running for a few days on new procedures.

namesake posted:

Yeah but the McDs structure would make that so difficult to enforce because you get tons of people hanging around in front of the counter waiting and they won't spare the staff to shoo them away from all the seating.
This is another thing, and something I really enjoy about the statement since it basically says we tried to be responsible in procedures but all our customers are cunts and kept touching poo poo and abusing crew trying to stay healthy. At my store we took all the seating out (and piled it in the play area which looked hilarious) so people couldn't sit inside even if they wanted to be dicks.

Josef bugman posted:

Oh dang, I mean fair. Just hope the folks working there continue to get paid.
And on this note we've been told nothing. Managers have talked about people on guaranteed hours contracts getting paid but nothing's been said officially from either the company or our franchisee.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

sassassin posted:

My BCG injection got infected and exploded over my pillow about a week later. Big scar still.

My brother fainted while having his BCG and fractured his skull.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Julio Cruz posted:

and so the first name moves from the I Hope They Get Coronavirus list to the I'm Glad They Got Coronavirus list

here's hoping many more will follow

:gritin:

e: oh poo poo I forgot Dorries got it, we're up to 3 now

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

and so the first name moves from the I Hope They Get Coronavirus list to the I'm Glad They Got Coronavirus list

here's hoping many more will follow

The only difference between Weinstein and other famous people in this regard is that because he’s in prison he cannot hide his infection. The rich, famous and powerful were one of the earliest vectors for the virus. Way more politicians and similar have the virus than has been reported. Remember literally everyone in Parliament (and the Tory party in particular) has been exposed.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Day 5 at home and the boiler is making a huge banging noise, "kettling" apparently. Lucky there's an immersion heater for the kitchen and office.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos
Who is the most famous person to die from it so far? There are a fair number of pretty famous actors in their 80s.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Comrade Fakename posted:

The only difference between Weinstein and other famous people in this regard is that because he’s in prison he cannot hide his infection. The rich, famous and powerful were one of the earliest vectors for the virus. Way more politicians and similar have the virus than has been reported. Remember literally everyone in Parliament (and the Tory party in particular) has been exposed.

Sex pests seem to be particularly prone to the virus. Placido Domingo tested positive today.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
https://twitter.com/crulge/status/1239585724669796352
:lol:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Soylent Yellow posted:

Who is the most famous person to die from it so far? There are a fair number of pretty famous actors in their 80s.

Ex Real Madrid president Lorenzo Sanz?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Jose posted:

wow this seems dumb as poo poo.

I mean, I can only assume and hope it's NOT dumb as poo poo, but on the surface it seems dumb as poo poo.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Soylent Yellow posted:

Ex real Madrid president? Was old, but not very well known outside of football nerds I guess.

Was in a bargain supermarket place today. Was pretty empty so wandered round pretty alone. But then at the end they only had 2 checkouts open out of like 10. But they were the ones right next to each other so everyone had to awkwardly bottleneck together on the way out. Seems like theres a thousand small things like that we should be avoiding to moneyball ourselves through this.

NotJustANumber99 fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Mar 22, 2020

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

thespaceinvader posted:

wow this seems dumb as poo poo.

I mean, I can only assume and hope it's NOT dumb as poo poo, but on the surface it seems dumb as poo poo.

i had read the same a week or so ago, they weren't sure whether people would require a booster for it to be effective though

i went into a swimming pool and my bcg exploded like a flesh volcano it was really excessive. i had a half inch deep hole in my arm and still have a big ol scar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Weasling Weasel posted:

Yeah, im on day 6 of what is 70% just a cold, but have really tight chest pain whenever im not on paracetamol (or when i'm panicking, may be anxiety), but no fever, no real coughs anymore. Might be nasal drip getting to my chest, as im very phlegmy. Keep readimg about the 1 in 100 30 year olds who dont make it and alternating between hoping i have it and this it, and really really hoping I dont.

Mate who is a murse showing me the oxidation sensor on my phone really positively increased my mental health. Lowest has been 96%, now mostly around 98 to 100%

You mean one that's built into the phone, or an app, or a sensor they had on them to plug into it?

BCG has an effect for about 15 years apparently. I think I had it at school over 40 years ago LOL

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Mar 22, 2020