Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Blues Brothers remake looking a bit rough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

zedprime posted:

Its good and wholesome but need some Harbor Freight jokes.

Giving the face shields to the medical field is probably for the best because sketchily certified shields will still stop sneezes while it might not stop shrapnel.

Funny they're calling out 5 and 7 mil gloves. Would bet you could check that the 7 mil are also just 5 mil in a 7 mil box.

Do we really want the medical field relying on the free stuff from Harbor Freight? That stuff barely lasts a day in the garage.

Do you think they're making them use coupons to get it free? They're always hardasses at the counter and have you grab the ad sitting there and rip the coupon out.

Kidding aside, I'd rather my wife had lovely equipment than no equipment. :( And if they have an appropriate supply, it really only has to last as long as the personnel is in the room. You put it on, you go in and do the thing, you come out, and doff. If there's an actual outage and you have to ration the few pieces you could find, you put it on in the morning, and wear it to every single room all day long and don't get to take your mask off to eat or drink water for 12 hours.

Not saying making fun of HF equipment is wrong, not trying to call you out or nothin', that's SOP. But it's still a god drat mess and HF is great for apparently being of a quality significantly higher than their power tools in a time of need. I still won't buy any handheld motors there though. :|

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Mar 22, 2020

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
As long as they aren't giving power tools to surgeons!

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
*surgeon's bonesaw suddenly and violently seizes and the magic smoke starts oozing out*
uh oh!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The Canadian equivalent of harbour freight is Princess Auto.

The store brand is called “powerfist”

The jokes write themselves

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

zedprime posted:

*surgeon's bonesaw suddenly and violently seizes and the magic smoke starts oozing out*
uh oh!

Seizing? Ehh, call neuro. For the oozing, call janitorial.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/DkxQPl6.mp4

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

god dam

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

dammed if you do, damned if you don’t

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

zedprime posted:

Its good and wholesome but need some Harbor Freight jokes.

Giving the face shields to the medical field is probably for the best because sketchily certified shields will still stop sneezes while it might not stop shrapnel.

Funny they're calling out 5 and 7 mil gloves. Would bet you could check that the 7 mil are also just 5 mil in a 7 mil box.

Do we really want the medical field relying on the free stuff from Harbor Freight? That stuff barely lasts a day in the garage.

Do you think they're making them use coupons to get it free? They're always hardasses at the counter and have you grab the ad sitting there and rip the coupon out.

My hospital filled out an application this morning will let you know if/when it shows up. Word on the street is that shipments of surgical masks from China should start arriving at the end of the week. I will believe it when I see it.

Our burn rate of ppe has been unbelievable. The lack of tests has exacerbated the problem, every patient that is sitting around waiting for their corona results sucks up a ton of equipment.

The community has really come through though, construction companies, schools and even random individuals have donated enough so that we aren’t reusing masks yet. It is only a matter of time though.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://youtu.be/T2cIGYpFA68

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

The water dun’ lapped the dam!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

That water dun lap right over the middle

ed: beaten like a rented mule.
:argh:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

water dun lapped right over

e: oh gently caress you

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

Downside: all that equipment is Harbor Freight grade

Good news is that surgical masks and gloves should only be used for one job and thrown away.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Powershift posted:

The Canadian equivalent of harbour freight is Princess Auto.

The store brand is called “powerfist”

The jokes write themselves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXqLWqCqDHc

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
"Life in a beaver colony is one dam thing after another."

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
i for one have no qualms about volunteering to let any variety of princess, auto or otherwise, powerfist my neg hole.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

i for one have no qualms about volunteering to let any variety of princess, auto or otherwise, powerfist my neg hole.

:wtfdude:

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Why do you post like this.

So, uhh, what happened here? Corrosion? I'd love to read more.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Splode posted:

The front fell off.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Splode posted:

Why do you post like this.

I didn't do an in-depth search but the article I read mentioned the spillgates were 90 years old and a renovation/replacement was being looked at prior to the collapse but funding was questionable. Basically it failed because the neoliberal economics that have been rampant in this country since the 1970s has let our infrastructure crumble.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I didn't do an in-depth search but the article I read mentioned the spillgates were 90 years old and a renovation/replacement was being looked at prior to the collapse but funding was questionable. Basically it failed because the neoliberal economics that have been rampant in this country since the 1970s has let our infrastructure crumble.

Ya man, those libs don't give a dam.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

ded posted:

Ya man, those libs don't give a dam.

Neoliberals are all about free-market capitalism which is definitely the kind of poo poo that causes infrastructure degradation.

Learn your poo poo.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Resting Lich Face posted:

Neoliberals are all about free-market capitalism which is definitely the kind of poo poo that causes infrastructure degradation.

Learn your poo poo.

Nope. Don't give a dam.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

ded posted:

Nope. Don't give a dam.

gently caress.

:thejoke:

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
it's nice they did it so they can get some viral tweet poo poo out of it

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

other people posted:

it's nice they did it so they can get some viral tweet poo poo out of it

I thought that's what they're trying to avoid.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

lmao

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/u4Rgge3.mp4

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

5th week: :zombie:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Just‐in‐time logistics was such a good idea.

It made a tiny number of people fractionally wealthier, and all it cost us was stability in a crisis.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

So your fresh water supply is truck-based? :psyduck:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Potrzebie posted:

So your fresh water supply is truck-based? :psyduck:

I assume that’s consumables needed to keep the purification functional.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
I assume its more the lack of whatever chemicals are used to clean waste water.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

everydayfalls posted:

The community has really come through though, construction companies, schools and even random individuals have donated enough so that we aren’t reusing masks yet. It is only a matter of time though.
Here they've snatched all the PPE out of the uni labs, which turned out to be a non-trivial amount.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Bertha the Toaster posted:

I assume its more the lack of whatever chemicals are used to clean waste water.

Could be. Deep water wells don't need treatment. Plus, anyone who has their own well is fine. It's cities that would have trouble if they recycle their gray water or use catch ponds.

Not sure why truckers are constantly putting out the message of "what would happen if there were no trucks?" I've never heard someone complain about trucks or want them to stop moving.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Nobody wants a Swift truck to stop moving, but they just do it erratically as part of their normal behavior.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/i3w6AFo.mp4
Should’ve listened to the warnings to stay inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

mostlygray posted:

Not sure why truckers are constantly putting out the message of "what would happen if there were no trucks?" I've never heard someone complain about trucks or want them to stop moving.

There are legit reasons, mostly based around pollution and the way that trucks really do a number on interstates (which means the industry is effectively subsidized by highway taxes, as they don't pay for the wear they cause), for wanting to cut back on the amount of long distance shipping* we do via truck specifically. Now, what people want instead is all over the place. You'll find one end of the spectrum who wants us to go back to only using poo poo you can get in the local area, and others who just want us to invest in a better long distance transportation network designed specifically for heavy loads. Usually this is where someone who is into trains starts talking.

*note the "long distance" part of that. Every time this comes up anywhere someone starts asking how you're going to get your poo poo from the port or train station to the small town 40 miles away and ignoring the part where it's driving a load of stuff from LA to Omaha that is the issue.