Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Nenonen posted:

Why should they? We went to Harald (we had a gift card from Christmas that we wanted to use up before apocalypse) and there were three couples at most present in a restaurant that could serve probably 80 people. I haven't been to a pub during this thing but I can't imagine it being much different in most places.

Pubs should be allowed to be open provided that a) they have a bouncer and limit the number of customers so they are not crowded, b) they take care of hygiene and c) they kick out anyone who gets too wasted. Otherwise people who can't go to bars will just gather to party in private residences which would be far worse, unless we also enforce a curfew.

That's great, but those really do nothing to limit the spread of the virus. What if the bartender happens to be infected? That's not an idle conjecture: We now know that a majority of infections from Austria came because a bar at a ski resort had an infected bartender. Unless the bartender going to go full hazmat suit, that is one potential vector. But yeah, people will act stupidly, so we'll more than probably see a curfew sooner than later.

bloom posted:

Also unless the state is willing to cover for every single bar and most restaurants, the whole field and everyone who works in it is going to be completely hosed by this. A lot of them already are just by people naturally staying at home, but if they're forced to close everything that isn't s-ketju is done.

That's the big question right here: just how far is the state prepared to step in to help? Are they going to freeze mortrages and rents like in other countries? Because running costs like these are one of the essential things in people's lives during this epidemic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

The detected corona virus cases are more or less in control in most areas, but the only area that is spiralling out of control is the Helsinki-Uusimaa hospital region. Today it was revealed that there were 53 cases of infection from that region alone. Prime minister Marin (SDP) has revealed that she is prepared to quarantine Helsinki-Uusimaa from the rest of the country if things go from bad to worse.

Turns out that viruses like to live where people live too

I mean cities are basically virus heavens and we have one real city

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

bloom posted:

Also unless the state is willing to cover for every single bar and most restaurants, the whole field and everyone who works in it is going to be completely hosed by this. A lot of them already are just by people naturally staying at home, but if they're forced to close everything that isn't s-ketju is done.

Oululaisbaarit pitävät ovensa auki, mutta pyytävät, ettei asiakkaita tulisi – ravintoloitsija toivoo sulkemispäätöstä hallitukselta

Baareja ja ravintoloita auttaisi suuresti se, että hallitus pakkosulkisi ne koska sitten niillä olisi mahdollisuus hakea korvausta vakuutusfirmalta. Nykytilanne on se, että sulkemisesta ei olisi mitään hyötyä. Samat kulut juoksee ja asiakkaita ei ole. Mikäli hallitus sanoo "baarit kiinni" niin sitten on edes se pieni mahdollisuus että vakuutuksesta voisi saada jotain korvausta.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Also lmao just stop cutting your hair and shaving lmao. I haven't cut my hair in well over two years now and people don't even throw me out of stores or anything.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ruflux posted:

Also lmao just stop cutting your hair and shaving lmao. I haven't cut my hair in well over two years now and people don't even throw me out of stores or anything.

If I see you I'll throw you out :evilbuddy:

matti
Mar 31, 2019

"smell you later"

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Kenellä muka on varaa käydä ajeluttamassa partaansa parturissa? :guillotine:

matti
Mar 31, 2019

niinistö hasn't done poo poo

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/Puolustusvoimat/status/1240973261871161344

The military is preparing to call in reserves, which might be soon enough. Fun times ahead!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
They need to be prepared for every scenario imaginable, but at first I think only military police would have suitable training. We're not quite at the point where tanks are needed to patrol in Herttoniemi to stop people going to Hertsi.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Nenonen posted:

They need to be prepared for every scenario imaginable, but at first I think only military police would have suitable training. We're not quite at the point where tanks are needed to patrol in Herttoniemi to stop people going to Hertsi.

People want their plastic buckets, and no corrupt green-leftie government is gonna stop 'em! :bahgawd:

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Nenonen posted:

I hope we won't be using coastal artillery to fight the virus

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Nenonen posted:

What are the reservi gonna do? Enforce a curfew? Although I suppose just calling them in and forcing them to isolate somewhere might stop them from doing end of the world parties.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nenonen posted:

Putting up more or less temporary medical facilities is something that, first of all, the DF has some expertise in, and secondly, requires labour. I don't think eating Puffet and reading Tex Willers really slowly (the only things MP are qualified to do) is useful vis-a-vis the pandemic.

Also digging mass graves, of course.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Temporary medical facilities are completely useless without ventilators or ICU trained nurses.

*altho I just realized I am wrong, because the medical tents can handle all other business and leave the hospitals just for corona, so if you get hosed up drunk falling down the stairs or something, a reservist can give you a splint and some morphine

doverhog fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 22, 2020

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

doverhog posted:

Temporary medical facilities are completely useless without ventilators or ICU trained nurses.

*altho I just realized I am wrong, because the medical tents can handle all other business and leave the hospitals just for corona, so if you get hosed up drunk falling down the stairs or something, a reservist can give you a splint and some morphine

They're extremely useful for propaganda, which is the government's main concern.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Temporary medical facilities are useful for isolating and controlling people who have corona but no life threatening symptoms, if we want to get really serious about infection suppression, china style.

Also for giving exciting new material for conspiracy nuts.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

brakeless posted:

Temporary medical facilities are useful for isolating and controlling people who have corona but no life threatening symptoms, if we want to get really serious about infection suppression, china style.

Also for giving exciting new material for conspiracy nuts.

Yeah, the china style of complete curfew, with people literally locked inside their apartments. The military police would be useful for that.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

doverhog posted:

Really funny of you to think I wouldn't just use all the morphine myself. Burana on ihan riittävä murtuneeseen jalkaan.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

doverhog posted:

Yeah, the china style of complete curfew, with people literally locked inside their apartments. The military police would be useful for that.

Or if they decide to isolate big cities in Uusimaa.

Alternately they could recruit vegan anarchists to man the barricades by telling them that the uprising has started and they need to stop meat shipments.

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

"I Guess Somebody Fixed All the Problems" -- Confused Citizen

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Putting up more or less temporary medical facilities is something that, first of all, the DF has some expertise in, and secondly, requires labour. I don't think eating Puffet and reading Tex Willers really slowly (the only things MP are qualified to do) is useful vis-a-vis the pandemic.

Also digging mass graves, of course.

MPs are also experienced at standing next to gates wearing high-vis jackets, telling people they can't go through. Plus their personal hygiene is bad enough it might act as an effective deterrent for trying to enter during these times.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008
https://twitter.com/Puolustusvoimat/status/1241780401171058689

Puolustusvoimat haluaa korostaa, että tällaista ei olla suunnittelemassa.

How the gently caress do you even embed a tweet

edit: that was easy

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sniper Party posted:

MPs are also experienced at standing next to gates wearing high-vis jackets, telling people they can't go through.

:lol: no they're not. We literally had a foreign tourist just walk into the fort and stand around in the main lobby marveling at the decor, because the MPs thought civilians are too scary to talk to.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DeadlyHalibut posted:

https://twitter.com/Puolustusvoimat/status/1241780401171058689

Puolustusvoimat haluaa korostaa, että tällaista ei olla suunnittelemassa.

How the gently caress do you even embed a tweet

edit: that was easy

Don't embed loving tweets for god's sake.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008
Ok boomer

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
MP was good times, sit in vartiokoppi, eat sandwiches in vartiotupa, march in UAZes

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
also I think I have corona, rip
sorry everyone else in itähelsinki

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Yeah I've got a sore throat and a sort of washed-out general feeling so I guess I'm not going to work to pick up that extra VDU anymore. (I don't have a car and I'd have to take a bus.) Sucks poo poo having to work on a tiny portable screen but them's the breaks.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Ammattilaisjuomaraha: Juo niin paljon että on aina niin hirveä olo ettet ees huomaa coronaa

Also lol at the idea of reserviläiset helping any situation

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Field priest reservists can help pray for the exoneration of Päivi Räsänen.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

I might be over my possible corona.
My Shcröedingers corona.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Njoo jos nyt postaan kerrankin vakavasti niin jos joku itähelsingin gooni uskoo olevansa sairas ja tarvii apua kauppareissujen tjsp kanssa niin laittakaa viestiä. Olen toistaiseksi ok mielenterveyttä lukuunottamatta niin voin jeesaa.

Olen myös semi-ok kokki joten myös jostain ateriakuvioista vois teoriassa sopia. Ei kannata kuitenkaan odottaa mitään tajuntaa räjäyttäviä settejä, en mä niin hyvä oo.

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

"I Guess Somebody Fixed All the Problems" -- Confused Citizen

3D Megadoodoo posted:

:lol: no they're not. We literally had a foreign tourist just walk into the fort and stand around in the main lobby marveling at the decor, because the MPs thought civilians are too scary to talk to.

Amended: experienced at standing next to gates wearing high-vis jackets, hoping they won't have to tell anyone not to go through. The deterrent bit might still be marginally effective.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Are you trying to set up a date where you cook for your fellow goon? Because I don't live in Kontula so it's a no go for me.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

doverhog posted:

Are you trying to set up a date where you cook your fellow goon?

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
I will boil some rice and beans and then throw it at your balcony while screaming incoherently

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
This will differ from normal life in itähelsinki by being scheduled

doverhog
May 31, 2013

bloom posted:

This will differ from normal life in itähelsinki by being scheduled

I live in the bad parts of Vantaa so it wouldn't be that different. Except we get real trains here not the loving metro. :cheeky:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The youngest boomers in Finland turn 70 this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chazani
Feb 19, 2013

doverhog posted:

I live in the bad parts of Vantaa so it wouldn't be that different. Except we get real trains here not the loving metro. :cheeky:

Bad parts suggests that Vantaa has some decent areas. I find this hard to believe.

Also if anyone dying to corona needs help in ABC zones I am also available for help. Currently in Herttoniemi, but moving to the west side of Vantaa on Friday.