Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

How many of you Swepols are engaged or involved in your local politics? The US elections are depressing me and I feel like maybe I should be doing something on a local level to contribute to change I believe in, but short of contacting the local parties I am a bit lost on how to go about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Either join a political party or (if you know at least two people interested in the same thing) start your own local interest organization.

Joining a party is a low risk investment. You go to a few meetings, meet all the local big-wigs and then you simply decide if this feels right.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
A friend of mine works in Norwegian and he's currently going ballistic to me on Messenger about how it's the fault of leftists in Stortinget that only Widerøe have received state support. I keep telling him that this is a parliamentary decision where even FRP supported it, but he keeps on going about the leftists working against Norwegian :psyduck:

This Corona thing will continue to break peoples brains. I am of course saddened by the loss of jobs and the instability that workers in the aviation industry will face nowadays. Is there any merit at all to the decision that the parliament has taken in supporting Widerøe rather than Norwegian? I know little of infrastructure and the aviation industry in Norway.
https://www.nrk.no/norge/stortinget-la-fram-ny-krisepakke-1.14951852

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Norwegian was on its knees already before the crisis begun, did he not know about that or something?

Giving money to them would have been pouring it down the drain.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
There's that, and the fact that Wideroe services parts of Norway that have no other options for airfare.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Stalins Moustache posted:

A friend of mine works in Norwegian and he's currently going ballistic to me on Messenger about how it's the fault of leftists in Stortinget that only Widerøe have received state support. I keep telling him that this is a parliamentary decision where even FRP supported it, but he keeps on going about the leftists working against Norwegian :psyduck:

This Corona thing will continue to break peoples brains. I am of course saddened by the loss of jobs and the instability that workers in the aviation industry will face nowadays. Is there any merit at all to the decision that the parliament has taken in supporting Widerøe rather than Norwegian? I know little of infrastructure and the aviation industry in Norway.

widerøe is a company partially owned by the government meant to fly commercially marginal routes so it's possible to live in the blasted arctic

norwegian is a private profit-generating business which has been deliberately playing fast and loose with its social obligations and has been branching into the most scummy of sectors, financial services and consumer loans. there are major differences.

also lol the right-wing government has the lead on the crisis response to the extent that parliament is passing an actual enabling act, how the gently caress would the left-wingers be messing with Norwegian

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Stalins Moustache posted:

Well now Norwegian did get help (they all ought to just be nationalized), how has your friend reacted?

I guess there is no chance any Scandinavian governments are going to hand people money like in some other countries? Will the Liberals try to discredit the idea by saying Trump wants to do it?

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
Sunshine, no boomers on the streets, two days rest from watching number poo poo itself, this aint too bad actually.

Edit: half The swedish Police force might get sick so thats a plus as well.

Zombiepop fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Mar 21, 2020

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Zombiepop posted:

Sunshine, no boomers on the streets, two days rest from watching number poo poo itself, this aint too bad actually.

Yeah I've just been taking turns playing with the kiddos and riding bikes. This poo poo owns.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Zombiepop posted:

I've worked 70 hours overtime this month. I am feeling a little loving worn out. The drawback of having an actual essential job.

On the upside though, job security, which is pretty drat nice, not gonna lie.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Scandinavia Corona fight chart:

Denmark: 1326
Sweden: 1770
Norway: 2164

Baltic Corona fight chart:

Lithuania: 99
Latvia: 124
Estonia: 306
Russia: 306
Finland: 523

Katt fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Mar 22, 2020

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Katt posted:

Russia: ????
Fixed, because we simply don't know.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Why the gently caress is Steffe speaking at 21:15. This should happen earlier in the loving day.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Will it be worth watching, or will it just rev up the ol anxiety right before bed?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Pretty sure I've got the corona like 5 times over the last few months before it became a huge pandemic, it just never progressed beyond some extra phlegm in my throat

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Arrived at Kastrup earlier today and I have never seen so few people and so much security. Getting back into Sweden was the least of my problems.
It was kinda funny how security at the airport emphasized keeping distance to a crowd of people who just spent 6+ hours on the plane. Also must suck for the Danish tourists to have 14 days of quarantine.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
why did I watch that glorified pep talk.

I don’t know what it’s a sign of, something stupid or something terrible.

Autistic Speculum
Apr 9, 2009
My Swedish sucks, but it seemed like he didn’t really say anything?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Nothing really new no, I'm thinking this is the governments way to say between the lines "stop partying, you goddamn kids!" because he really banged on the points about the seriousness of the situation, and the collective responsibility.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Yah. That was really not worth announcing at 8 in the loving morning and me spending a day wondering what he’s going to say.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I mean technically it's a big deal because our prime-ministers never do these things.

I imagine the last time would've been the tsunami disaster of 2004, but I don't know if it actually happened.

Also, Löfven isn't Trump; he gives zero fucks about theatrics, and any big, new development would be sent out to the press first, before he'd talk about it.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

BigglesSWE posted:

I mean technically it's a big deal because our prime-ministers never do these things.

I imagine the last time would've been the tsunami disaster of 2004, but I don't know if it actually happened.

Also, Löfven isn't Trump; he gives zero fucks about theatrics, and any big, new development would be sent out to the press first, before he'd talk about it.

AFAIK the last time the prime minister addressed the nation like this was after the assassination of Anna Lindh back in 2003. The last time before that was in 1992, according to Ali Esbati:

https://twitter.com/aliesbati/status/1241643480553869315

meanwhile all i could think of when he was like "the time is now" was the loving twitter scene in dilbert 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flWuvkNWuS4&t=44s

e: I should probably stop reading social media, it's full of Discourse. Seeing a lot of people with very strong opinions about face masks, where one side attributes all of the containment in Taiwan/Japan/HK to them and the other claiming they're completely worthless. who even cares, it's not like you can do anything about it at this point. why you have to be mad? dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Mar 23, 2020

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
Vad kom först? Ostbågar eller kexchoklad?

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Soulfucker posted:

O-... ostbågar?

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Vem på forumen är dangerNEET på twitter förresten?

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

"I modern tid" is just a meaningless phrase of emphasis. Like when Säpo raised the "terror threat level" a few years back it was reported as the "the highest it's been in modern times :derp: ", when the scale was only instated in 2010, a few years before that. Anything before yesterday is ancient history.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Soulfucker posted:

https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloetta_Kexchoklad

quote:

Cloetta Kexchoklad är en chokladkaka bestående av rån med chokladfyllning som doppats i mjölkchoklad. Produkten lanserades som Five o' clock 1921

https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ostb%C3%A5gar

quote:

Ostbågar (även ostkrokar[1][2]) är snacks med ostsmak och tillverkas av bland annat majsmjöl. Ostbågar uppfanns på 1950-talet av företaget King Kone Corp (som tidigare tillverkat glasstrutar) och fick namnet Cheez Doodles av uppfinnaren Morrie Yohai.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Lofven's address was a big'ol nothingburger, I don't thing they'll change a thing until the death curve inflexes the way they insist it won't and then we get to play italian style catchup.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Mette Frederiksen just extended the lockdown until April 13.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

It'll be extended further. I expect at least 3 months in total, but will not be surprised if it ends up being 6.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

D. Ebdrup posted:

It'll be extended further. I expect at least 3 months in total, but will not be surprised if it ends up being 6.

Over/under on the total collapse of society?

Seagull Fiasco
Jul 25, 2011

Someone sent me this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVvql19j5Cs

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

SplitSoul posted:

And SSI wants access to everyone's mobile data, in order to track compliance with the isolation guidelines and laws.

Words cannot express how much I DO NOT loving WANT THIS.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/coronavirus-seruminstitut-vil-tjekke-danskernes-bevaegelser-med-mobildata

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

KozmoNaut posted:

And SSI wants access to everyone's mobile data, in order to track compliance with the isolation guidelines and laws.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/coronavirus-seruminstitut-vil-tjekke-danskernes-bevaegelser-med-mobildata

This was a cool headline on svt.se the other day:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

KozmoNaut posted:

Yep, that scares me much more than the already-implemented laws which have a clear sunset provision included which automatically voids it unless explicitly extended.

Not because I intend to move anywhere, as I've voluntarily self-isolated because of my health, but because what about after?

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits

netcat posted:

This was a cool headline on svt.se the other day:

Wtf is a "framtidsforskare"?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

If it goes through, I will leave my phone at home or have it turned off and perhaps in a signal-blocking pouch.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Fader Movitz posted:

Wtf is a "framtidsforskare"?
Futurist. Very science, much wow.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

evil_bunnY posted:

Futurist. Very science, much wow.
I once ended up in a lecture by a futurist (there was free food), and it was 100% this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I once ended up in a lecture by a futurist (there was free food), and it was 100% this.

What if.....aliens....

Just replace aliens with whatever magic the futurist wants to push.