Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

SMH at anyone who doesn't meticulously shake every tree with their net out before hitting any of them with an axe.

I've still gotten stung doing this. I don't know if I just missed the tree or what. :tinfoil:

I was a bit miffed that Tom Nook made me craft the first bridge, but then I wasn't allowed to use the recipe again, but it sounds like I'm not far from being able to get more bridges, so that's good! I also wonder if there's any downsides to sticking one of the new plots up on the raised section (like will the villager that gets that plot be "stuck" up there in terms of where they can wander?) I know I get ramps soon too, it's just more of a "I wonder what's going to happen?" thing.

Also, how does the shooting star stuff work?

e: Also, drat, some real bad takes on Stardew last page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

shadowvine118 posted:

My internet is butts. I think everyone got kicked off. Sorry.

The new Dodo code is LHSVB if anyone wants to give it a go.
Thanks so much! Very cool island

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

History Comes Inside! posted:

I'm glad that the AC thread is vindicating my opinion on SDV re: it loving sucks

:haibrow:

I keep getting the same 2 islands when I go out. I want the tarantula island now that I know the trick for taming them :(

Also Harvey is awesome, I wish I had some AC Amiibos to take advantage of his weird sex dungeons photo rooms.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

this isn't the thread for ragging on stardew valley, take it somewhere else

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
SDV is good if you are the kind of psychotic person who gets enjoyment from massive automated farms producing millions of dollars worth of fruit & wine (like me)
SDV is bad if you want a game with likeable characters

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Also Nook has given me the cool white picket fences, but I was expecting them to be a craftable item. Do these become a learnable item to craft later, or do you have to purchase them?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

PantsBandit posted:

What's the max # of visitors you can have on your island at a given time?

Quoting this for new page. My birthday is Friday and I was hoping to have a bunch of people over to my island to celebrate while everyone is social distancing irl.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

PantsBandit posted:

Quoting this for new page. My birthday is Friday and I was hoping to have a bunch of people over to my island to celebrate while everyone is social distancing irl.

From what I recall, 8.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Also Nook has given me the cool white picket fences, but I was expecting them to be a craftable item. Do these become a learnable item to craft later, or do you have to purchase them?

He sends you the DIY recipe for them afterwards and you can get others via nook miles.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I got stung by a bee and Reneigh gave me a recipe for medicine.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

What are the flowers they sell at resident services? I’m on an island with some flowers I don’t have yet and i’m trying to determine which of the 3 colors of pansy I don’t need to bring home.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Thanks to everyone who visited my island!

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

runchild posted:

What are the flowers they sell at resident services? I’m on an island with some flowers I don’t have yet and i’m trying to determine which of the 3 colors of pansy I don’t need to bring home.

I believe they switch daily

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

nyttyn posted:

He sends you the DIY recipe for them afterwards and you can get others via nook miles.

Groovy, thanks :)

I can get stone fences and iron fences, but I don't like their aesthetics very much at this point.

Also someone mentioned you can customize the basic wood furniture. How do we do that?

I'm also very glad that I have an indoor crafting table now. I've taken my lovely outdoor stump one and put it on an elevated part of my island where I'm anticipating my tools to break. It'll save me some time from running all the way back home to make something.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Upgraded my passport.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Can you delay ceremonies or do they have to be done on the same day?

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Is there a guide yet for what fish/insects can be caught ?

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

I have a minor emergency because I'm an idiot! I built my 3 houses, but then proceed to build a bridge across a river that DOESN'T connect to them....did I gently caress myself/my future residents over?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Anyone else been invited to Harvey’s island?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Murvin posted:

I have a minor emergency because I'm an idiot! I built my 3 houses, but then proceed to build a bridge across a river that DOESN'T connect to them....did I gently caress myself/my future residents over?

I did the same lol. Guess I’ll find out by tomorrow what it did.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Man it cost me 30 some odd baits but I finally got the drat stringfish.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Just snagged this monstrosity after almost giving up because of a full inventory, as a bonus it also triggered my 100th fish reward :woop:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Murvin posted:

I don't believe the residents actually care where they can wander

Snake Maze posted:

Okay, I just found a recipe for a bamboo wand. It's a tool, but when I try to use it it just says "You haven't registered any outfits". Anyone know what the deal with that is? How do I register an outfit?

Can... can I do a magical girl transformation with it??
if this game literally has magical girl wands it'll be a serious contender for Game of the Decade

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Amazon said my shipment would be four days late, instead it was only two! Hooray. Feeling real cramped at the moment, can't wait for a vaulting pole.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Amazon said my shipment would be four days late, instead it was only two! Hooray. Feeling real cramped at the moment, can't wait for a vaulting pole.

If you're able to travel you can visit pretty much any goon (myself included) and they'll give you one along with a ladder.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Also someone mentioned you can customize the basic wood furniture. How do we do that?
If you have fences, then tomorrow Nook should tell you to talk to him about customising furniture.

Blaziken386 posted:

if this game literally has magical girl wands it'll be a serious contender for Game of the Decade
I've seen videos, you can swap between outfits almost like the tool ring.

PancakeTransmission fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 23, 2020

kakotheres
Nov 9, 2016

Do the job that is in front of you
Does the ABD in the Nook Stop machine give any other ex-PhD candidates the shakes?

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Today's Isla Ringo visitors have appreciation postcards in the mail on the way to them!

Thanks for stopping by today; I'll try to actually be there more often in the future and maybe have some fun stuff set up next time.

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

Well. After a string of super boring and generic island tours I just got one that was covered in pink and blue hybrid windflowers, peacock and emperor butterflies and a pond full of koi!

I love this game! :neckbeard:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So a full week until the game actually starts having a soundtrack huh?

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Oxyclean posted:

I was a bit miffed that Tom Nook made me craft the first bridge, but then I wasn't allowed to use the recipe again, but it sounds like I'm not far from being able to get more bridges, so that's good! I also wonder if there's any downsides to sticking one of the new plots up on the raised section (like will the villager that gets that plot be "stuck" up there in terms of where they can wander?) I know I get ramps soon too, it's just more of a "I wonder what's going to happen?" thing.

oh poo poo I also placed a house on a raised section and wonder if the villager will be stuck there now.. hmm

also, this might be a dumb questions but those are the only questions I got so: what does it mean when it says "out" beside your friend's name? i assume that they're on another island?

DuhSal fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Mar 23, 2020

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
very envious of the folks who have been to tarantula island, I want to fill my house with spiders

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Calaveron posted:

So a full week until the game actually starts having a soundtrack huh?

This is the only major disappointment I have with the game so far. The current music is really starting to drag.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I have decided that tarantulas are actually quite annoying

they rely on visual cues to know when to approach and when to stop, but the camera makes it impossible to see the lil' fuckers if they're anywhere near a tree
(which is especially galling when you realize that in certain areas the game will pan all the way up to a top down view, but refuses to let you do that all the time)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm really liking this game

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

GCU Quelle Suprise posted:

Does the ABD in the Nook Stop machine give any other ex-PhD candidates the shakes?

It hurt to click it, that's for sure.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Everything's going great!

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I'm really liking this game

I myself am Unhindered Lawn Clippings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
My Dodo Code is K8PTV. I have a bridge and set up a fun spot with hay beds. I have apples and cherries. Anyone who has pears is invited to come so long as they give me those sweet pears. I will be spending my time trying to build the stupidest poo poo I can imagine.

Edit: If you give me stupid furniture I WILL add it to the island as soon as I get it.