Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

We already have. It's worms. Lots and lots of worms.

we've only seen like, a handful of worms, max.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Plural? I only just see the one worm.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah I'm hoping for payoff where every gog in throne dissolves into worms and attack as a single seething ocean of wiggling horror

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Regalingualius posted:

We’ve gotta see Gog’s true form at some point.

It's this but with worms instead of moles. And there's a key of kings in the middle.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Xarbala posted:

Plural? I only just see the one worm.

eat it

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
To see the whole of Gog-Agog you'd need to see all of her worms everywhere in the Multiverse, that's gotta be a bit tough to fit in the panel.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Ashcans posted:

She never made it past the noodle stand in the hallway, she's been hanging out there and complaining that the arena changes $14 for a cup of beer

The high beer prices at these events are one of Solomon's greatest tyrannies.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

YaketySass posted:

To see the whole of Gog-Agog you'd need to see all of her worms everywhere in the Multiverse, that's gotta be a bit tough to fit in the panel.

It's what Jadis saw when she looked at the whole universe.

e:

Tulip fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Mar 22, 2020

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Tulip posted:

e:

I truly enjoy the Achwood Six Billion Demons.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Gogo-Agog is the Conqueror Worm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIJ5CAGUrqU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

habeasdorkus posted:

I truly enjoy the Achwood Six Billion Demons.

Putting the comic that introduced Royalty into the most Royal comic is the best idea.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tulip posted:

e:

Astounding.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Magnus Manfist posted:

Yeah Solomon David is a contender for the absolute hardest being in all creation. Other than Jagganoth he seems like the strongest 1v1 of the demiurges. Outside of that there's a few wildcards: Zoss (missing and ambiguously dead), Metatron (technically possibly omnipotent? but constrained in what he can do by his nature) and Himself (???). That's probably it?

The angels can't do poo poo to the demiurges, to the point where they're considering annihilating the universe as a more plausible alternative to taking them down and re-establishing the Law. None of them are going toe to toe with Dave. The only chance anyone here has is Alison fully mastering the key, which she clearly hasn't done yet.

https://killsixbilliondemons.tumblr.com/post/145516236255/all-all-the-demiurges-our-great-red-god-excluded

Seems to suggest that Metatron is indeed more powerful than at least some demiurges

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

I also recall him saying that he really regrets ever getting sucked in to discussing power levels, because that's not how anything works and no matter how powerful you are you can always get stabbed to death by one of your own wives while you sleep.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Tulip posted:

e:

lmao

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

As I recall Jadis was more powerful that Solomon before she was frozen, she'll probably kick his arse when she gets cracked out, mad and dying.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Renaissance Robot posted:

I also recall him saying that he really regrets ever getting sucked in to discussing power levels, because that's not how anything works and no matter how powerful you are you can always get stabbed to death by one of your own wives while you sleep.

Honestly I feel that's where this arc is going, cause Solomon absolutely believes in them. And it's absolutely gonna gently caress him up. I doubt Allison or Gaze will do it, but Gog's present and I wouldn't be shocked if Incubus is involved either.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Karnegal posted:

https://killsixbilliondemons.tumblr.com/post/145516236255/all-all-the-demiurges-our-great-red-god-excluded

Seems to suggest that Metatron is indeed more powerful than at least some demiurges

Also Metatron seems to be responsible for Jaggonoth's extreme power inblanace - it's implied he's the one that gave Jaggonoth the feathers he nailed into his back to make him invulnerable.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Renaissance Robot posted:

They are also nearly impossible for a reader to judge and I would eat my hat if they ever took precedence over conveying an exciting story.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Phy posted:

Astounding.

I feel guilty about taking somebody else's good ache six billion demons and then making it worse just to support a dumb joke, but it is pretty funny looking.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i couldn't care less about individual character's power levels in comparison to each other but i was under the impression that angels in general were below demiurges in the pecking order

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

i couldn't care less about individual character's power levels in comparison to each other but i was under the impression that angels in general were below demiurges in the pecking order

In general, yes. The really senior angels like Juggs and Michael? Definitely not, unless the demiurge's name is Jagganoth.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Darth Walrus posted:

In general, yes. The really senior angels like Juggs and Michael? Definitely not, unless the demiurge's name is Jagganoth.

I feel like, within the comic itself, even Juggernaut has never appeared more potent than a Demiurge. There may be OOC power rankings but narratively the Demiurges tower over the angels.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

It's worth noting that the demiurges aren't consistently powerful. And aren't all powerful in the same way. Possibly some of the stronger angels could get the beat down on Mammon if they chose to, but would be absolutely wrecked by Solomon David. But a lot of the demiurges' power - especially ones like Mammon - is in the people following them, and an angel facing the ire of the Grand Bank is going to have a hell of a time getting about anywhere from then on, even if they do utterly outclass the vast majority of mortals.

Basically power rankings are bullshit. Allison has done more damage to any of the demiurges than anyone has in centures, and she's a barista.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Tenebrais posted:

Basically power rankings are bullshit. Allison has done more damage to any of the demiurges than anyone has in centures, and she's a furious dumbass.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tenebrais posted:

Basically power rankings are bullshit.

Yes, and that's something that's kinda hard to grasp for some because popular culture, from games to manga to Youtube Top10 lists, is so completely saturated with the concept.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

They certainly are; I do think that the relative narrative menace of the Demiurges does matter, though, and Solomon David has been set up in a way Juggernaut never was. We’ll see soon!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Darth Walrus posted:

Mottom is a crotchety old lady demiurge and she tore her way into an extra dimensional vault while riding atop of a city she was levitating through force of will.

Juggs can cut people pretty good.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

It seems plausible that like, Juggernaut is a better fighter than Mottom. It seems more than plausible that if she can use the red-white art on Juggs, Juggernaut is going to have real trouble getting knife handsy.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

A Sometimes Food posted:

Honestly I feel that's where this arc is going, cause Solomon absolutely believes in them. And it's absolutely gonna gently caress him up. I doubt Allison or Gaze will do it, but Gog's present and I wouldn't be shocked if Incubus is involved either.

Gog's there, and we've established he has a whole council with people who want his job but don't want to fistfight him for it.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Glagha posted:

Gog's there, and we've established he has a whole council with people who want his job but don't want to fistfight him for it.

Please, I hope half his sons are willingly wormed, that would be a beautiful betrayal

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

I hope we meet one of his sons who decided that he was over all this council/power struggle bullshit and decided to be a an artist and paint scenes of Rayuba.

Solomon is of course proud of him

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'm pretty sure if Juggernaut Star Scours The Universe thought they could slaughter most of the demiurges they would have done it by now. Even if it took a thousand incarnations.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Given all the focus on how strong and perfect Solomon David is, and how the demiurges are completely imprisoned by that power, I still feel like the most appropriate thing is for Allison and company to wind up never fighting him at all.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Rand Brittain posted:

Given all the focus on how strong and perfect Solomon David is, and how the demiurges are completely imprisoned by that power, I still feel like the most appropriate thing is for Allison and company to wind up never fighting him at all.

Agreed, Allison basically has zero reason to play any of their games by their rules. Even here it was just a ruse, she wasn't planning on actually winning.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Glagha posted:

Oh man that'd own. I like the way you think.

Kei Technical
Sep 20, 2011

Rand Brittain posted:

Strong, perfect, and brittle. SD will go down when he bangs his shin into a coffee table

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
In the final moment, Nyave claims she's his daughter, but times it right and has a purple halo while she does it. For once, Solomon hesitates in the middle of a Ki Rata, and the built up energy causes his own arm to explode.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I've been rereading the current arc and Gog-Agog mentions that to win the fight against Solomon you only need to draw a single drop of blood, so maybe the group will be able to sucker punch him. Maybe.

Angry Lobster fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Yeah, my current hunch is that in the middle of getting the hell out of there, Allison completely by accident wounds him, and doesn’t even know or care about it by that point. Meanwhile, he’s so distracted by his pride also being wounded for the first time in millennia that he doesn’t notice Gog Agog making a surprise power play of her own.