Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Inceltown posted:

lmao, the Australian govt wants to take a break till September. They took the whole summer off while we burned and now they want another 6 months off while everyone dies to the 'roni.

August 11 locked in, loving lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Inceltown posted:

lmao, the Australian govt wants to take a break till September. They took the whole summer off while we burned and now they want another 6 months off while everyone dies to the 'roni.

they're bugging out to NZ

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Spergin Morlock posted:

they're bugging out to NZ

Given how many of them are NZ citizens they can probably get by the ban.

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

https://twitter.com/gabrielwinant/status/1241836130972110848?s=21

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

The buddha taught that sickness is an inevitability of being and can be overcome only by ceasing to actually "be", his wisdom shines like a radiant light in these trying times.

I wish to know more about the Buddha, where on Teh intarwebs should I go to learn how to meditate for a few mins?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Mourne posted:

I wish to know more about the Buddha, where on Teh intarwebs should I go to learn how to meditate for a few mins?

There is a great Buddhism thread in a/t

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

Inceltown posted:

There is a great Buddhism thread in a/t

thank you and please stay safe in these uncertain times.

I shall now go wash my hands, please do the same.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

fat buddha got fat on the beans. why you think he's so happy

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
buddha? kiss my rear end you golden son of a b*tch

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Apraxin posted:

lmao
https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/1241913995629641728
'look dems, look at my poor number, look what you're doing to it'
look how they massacred my Number

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

lol why is the Australian gov so poo poo

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
McConnell's gonna kill us all.

He'll have plenty of help, I'm just pointing out his exceptional assitude.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The australian gov seems to be at least half UK failsons who couldn't hack it in the land of Boris Johnson

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

gh0stpinballa posted:

because the last recession didn't touch us

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
we have fail government because of 1 Floridaesque state that will vote to crush brown people over anything else

gently caress your Queensland

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

gh0stpinballa posted:

We keep voting in softbrained neoliberal-conservatives backed by a party pulling the strings that goes as far east on the political compass as it gets

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

atomicgeek posted:

McConnell's gonna kill us all.

He'll have plenty of help, I'm just pointing out his exceptional assitude.

he's the most effective politician in memorable history for a reason

that dems still act as if he works in good faith is prolly like the most damning thing about their incompetency

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
it’s can’t survive without a coalition of country voters who haven’t been represented at all in 40 years yet they keep voting for these Tory shits

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

If anyone here is at all lost as to how to easily and (relatively) quickly prepare dry beans:

Take a pound of any dry bean and pick out any that are broken, shriveled, psychically wrong, cursed, or unworthy of your gods. Put the rest in a pot you have a lid for, cover with 2-3" of water, and bring to a boil on high. Boil about 2 min, turn off the heat, cover, and gently caress off for 2 hours. At that point, return to your kitchen, turn the heat back on, and bring then to a good hoppin' simmer with the lid half on. Check them every 10-15 minutes to see if they're done; add some salt when they are.

EDIT: when is a bean done? When you like how squishy it is, of course, this isn't a loving zen koan.

If you're gonna freeze some of the beans at this point, freeze them in their bean water with a capful of vinegar (any kind). Frozen beans will keep until society crumbles and the power goes off (more or less) (or like 6 months) Whole process takes about 3 hours for fresh dry beans, longer for angry old man beans left alone in your pantry since Reagan.

atomicgeek fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Mar 23, 2020

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

Bulgakov posted:

that dems still act as if he works in good faith is prolly like the most damning thing about their incompetency

Or malice. The longer it goes on the more it looks like they want us all dead, too.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

gh0stpinballa posted:

The Australian govt is the physical manifestation of the white Australia's id.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Rah! posted:

lol one of Joe Biden's advisors died yesterday and they aren't releasing the cause of death

Source

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Governments abdicating even the pretence of leadership or moral responsibility should be a wakeup call...right?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm gonna make some ridiculously good red beans and rice with my one pot during quarantine, I need to go score some sausage though. Just that 9 dollars for a big rear end pack of it poo poo, andouillie is too expensive for a crisis, sorry purists.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

Governments abdicating even the pretence of leadership or moral responsibility should be a wakeup call...right?

Normally, but this is Hellworld. Recalibrate your time machine if you accidentally wound up in the wrong timeline.

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019
reddit seems wildly optimistic that 3M and private indsutry are going to save us

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

I'm gonna make some ridiculously good red beans and rice with my one pot during quarantine, I need to go score some sausage though. Just that 9 dollars for a big rear end pack of it poo poo, andouillie is too expensive for a crisis, sorry purists.

Trader Joe's had a chicken andouille that was like $5 last I checked. I put it in my jambalaya.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

The Alpha Centauri posted:

reddit seems wildly optimistic that 3M and private indsutry are going to save us

Reddit ain't quite right tho

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

atomicgeek posted:

If anyone here is at all lost as to how to easily and (relatively) quickly prepare dry beans:

Take a pound of any dry bean and pick out any that are broken, shriveled, psychically wrong, cursed, or unworthy of your gods. Put the rest in a pot you have a lid for, cover with 2-3" of water, and bring to a boil on high. Boil about 2 min, turn off the heat, cover, and gently caress off for 2 hours. At that point, return to your kitchen, turn the heat back on, and bring then to a good hoppin' simmer with the lid half on. Check them every 10-15 minutes to see if they're done; add some salt when they are.

EDIT: when is a bean done? When you like how squishy it is, of course, this isn't a loving zen koan.

If you're gonna freeze some of the beans at this point, freeze them in their bean water with a capful of vinegar (any kind). Frozen beans will keep until society crumbles and the power goes off (more or less) (or like 6 months) Whole process takes about 3 hours for fresh dry beans, longer for angry old man beans left alone in your pantry since Reagan.

nite crew is the best crew

I love you all

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Inceltown posted:

For something a bit different in the bean world we move to the Egyptian breakfast of champions.

Ful Medames

Ingredients

1 1/2 pounds dried fava beans (or broad beans)
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin

Steps to Make It

• Gather the ingredients.

• Soak the fava beans overnight in a large bowl of water.

• Drain the beans, add them to a large saucepan and cover them with fresh water. Bring the water to a boil and simmer on low for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the beans are tender.

• Drain and place in a medium bowl. Add the crushed garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and cumin and toss well to combine and coat. It's common to mash the beans together with the other ingredients but you can also leave them whole and well mixed.

• Serve hot with a fried egg and pita bread.

• Enjoy!

I really like adding some tahini to this because I'm wild like that but you do you.

I am gonna try to make this once I have fava beans and tahini

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/mikeisaac/status/1241855884378157056

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

atomicgeek posted:

im appreciate you didn't advise pouring out the bean water and replacing it with fresh

why would anyone wanna dump that beany essence down the drain!!!

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

Bulgakov posted:

im appreciate you didn't advise pouring out the bean water and replacing it with fresh

why would anyone wanna dump that beany essence down the drain!!!

It's where the nutrients are.

Also the farts. Can't get the lightning without the thunder, son

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hot bean water becomes the new recession coffee for a generation, eat poo poo chicory

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

https://twitter.com/nialelkim/status/1241857669062778880?s=21

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos
it is now time for sleep.

when I wake up things will be even more hosed than they are now.

goodnight goons. May your nightmares be few.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Search your heart

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Hot bean water becomes the new recession coffee for a generation, eat poo poo chicory

My great-granny lived to 101. I can't say it was because she drank bean water every day but I wouldn't put it past her.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Mourne posted:

it is now time for sleep.

when I wake up things will be even more hosed than they are now.

goodnight goons. May your nightmares be few.

hey come on things could get better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-51999604

quote:

Coronavirus: McDonald's and Nando’s to close all UK restaurants

McDonald's will close all 1,270 of its restaurants in the UK by the end of Monday, as fears over the spread of coronavirus escalate.

Nando's has also said it has closed its approximately 400 restaurants in the UK "until further notice".

ye gods :stare: