Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I've got six different flower fields so I'll test this rn and get back to you, but I haven't had a single flower die from running over them so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yeah I think the worst that can happen is you lose the flower itself, but the bud remains to grow more.

Between this and no more grass deterioration it feels great to run my island with no restrictions.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

RealFoxy posted:

I've got six different flower fields so I'll test this rn and get back to you, but I haven't had a single flower die from running over them so far.
The bulbs die, but the flowers don't. If you've got rare flowers, they'll regrow

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yeah I think the worst that can happen is you lose the flower itself, but the bud remains to grow more.

Between this and no more grass deterioration it feels great to run my island with no restrictions.

you also don't need to water flowers unless you are trying to breed them. they won't dry up and die like they used to.

having to water every single flower was some real horse poo poo busy work i always hated so i am extremely happy with these changes.

anyway i found tarantula island and made nearly 200k off it hell yeah.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I also time-traveled backwards and Nook's town center was finished and the money tree I had still grew so there's absolutely no detriment from traveling backwards on top of the game being a lot easier to manage.

I think they just removed the drawbacks of time-travel because all tools have durability now and there's no "Golden Tools" or unbreakable tools, so you've always got to be collecting resources anyway.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

404notfound posted:

Dammit. I just realized that, now that Nook's Cranny is open, I can't catch stuff during the night and sell them without a steep 20% penalty. This is gonna really limit how much I'm willing to play every night :smith:

That just means that you get to do 20% more fishing!

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

404notfound posted:

Dammit. I just realized that, now that Nook's Cranny is open, I can't catch stuff during the night and sell them without a steep 20% penalty. This is gonna really limit how much I'm willing to play every night :smith:

Stack it all up and sell it in the morning? Or just do extra fishing to make up the balance, like Dip Vicious says.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Just to clarify something real fast, you were always selling at a -20% penalty before the Nookling shop opened up. You're actually getting more now.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Who's going to be the first poor sucker to get swamped with people swarming in to sell turnips at a high price. :v:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Has anyone found anything that lets you access your house storage like the wardrobes and stuff in NL? I wouldn't mind leaving some sort of quantum locker next to Nook's Cranny for over night stoarage

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
So this place just randomly appeared on my island and I'm not sure what I should do about it...

:iiam:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Needed one more iron ore to finish the villager houses. Hit three different rocks on my island and none of them put out any ore :discourse:

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Is there an easy way to change between character appearances? My daughter wants to basically use Elsa and I want a guy running around in wrestling shirts most of the time. Can you switch between templates easily?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Sturgeon question: Anyone who used bait to spawn it, where's a good spot to toss into the "river mouth"? I don't want to waste all the bait I painstakingly farmed but I have no idea if it should be like on the little rocks, or closer to the ocean...

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

omg the museum is huge!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Inu posted:

omg the museum is huge!

it fuckin rules extremely hard and i legit just chill there sometimes while doing stuff outside the game so i have something pretty to look at between cleaning or writing papers or w/e

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
What’s the difference between regions when buying the game?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

hadji murad posted:

Is there an easy way to change between character appearances? My daughter wants to basically use Elsa and I want a guy running around in wrestling shirts most of the time. Can you switch between templates easily?
Half-and-half? Using a mirror you can change your character's facial features and if you have a magic wand you can change your outfit on-demand, but you're probably better off making her a Switch profile and having her make a character, you can both play at the same time using switch nubs.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Sturgeon question: Anyone who used bait to spawn it, where's a good spot to toss into the "river mouth"? I don't want to waste all the bait I painstakingly farmed but I have no idea if it should be like on the little rocks, or closer to the ocean...
I caught one after the river dumps into the ocean, and one before it dumps in. As long as you throw it at the mouth of the river you'll probably be fine, I didn't use bait for either.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I know a lot of people have been talking about this but....

currently in my storage I have 70+ hardwood, 70+ softwood and...... 3 wood. how did they make wood this rare

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Here's my half-complete Fish/Bug Spreadsheet. There's a lot less data on bugs rn so that's extremely incomplete but the fish is finished. Download or make a copy in Google and then edit as needed, this isn't a blank sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aOF3q-kJG-NqqEDYZg7rhzwG4c_rA7bbdP0YJU2Bo8A/edit?usp=sharing

There's definitely a goon out there that can fill the rest of this out and make a blank template and have formulas that automatically fill out too, I just really don't feel like doing all that extra work

There's checkboxes so green means I caught it, Yellow means I can catch it in the Northern Hemisphere, Red means I can catch it in the southern hemisphere, white means it's not available yet in either.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wood is more common than soft and hard wood in my experience it's just you have to use it for fuckin everything

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Your Computer posted:

currently in my storage I have 70+ hardwood, 70+ softwood and...... 3 wood. how did they make wood this rare

I have a feeling that we’ll all have times like this with all the resources.

Such is life with the RNG (and very specific Nook missions).

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Just to clarify something real fast, you were always selling at a -20% penalty before the Nookling shop opened up. You're actually getting more now.

:captainpop: That is a reassuring distinction to be made aware of! Thanks for that.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

Half-and-half? Using a mirror you can change your character's facial features and if you have a magic wand you can change your outfit on-demand, but you're probably better off making her a Switch profile and having her make a character, you can both play at the same time using switch nubs.

Oh that sounds excellent. I’ll give that a shot with her tomorrow. Thanks!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Real Cool Catfish posted:

What’s the difference between regions when buying the game?

Japan has some extra options when naming an island and asides from that you are able to chose which hemisphere you want to live in. The holidays might be different (they were in NL I think) but only Easter is in the game so far.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I have run a viking raid on islands and have over 100 Soft Wood, 100 Hard Wood, 100 Iron Ore, 15 Gold Ore, and 3 Wood. If I need tools I just buy the flimsy ones from the Nooks and upgrade it.

I have no idea why I have no regular wood, but it's a pain in the butt when trying to craft things. Could've been because when crafting all that furniture for the first 3 houses it primarily used regular wood

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Mar 23, 2020

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Your Computer posted:

seems* to just treat it as a new day, which is surprising. It might delay some things from happening until they were "supposed" to happen a couple of days in the future but I don't really have anything to test that with since I don't have any buildings under construction or anything. That said, one of my new villagers were in the process of unpacking their stuff and when I went back all of their stuff was unpacked just as if it had gone another day forward.

*I expected and still expect some side effects, like town upgrades might be stalled until the date "catches up" but we'll see

resetti knows

you will regret this :radcat:

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Your Computer posted:

That is super hosed up because I have about 120 regular wood while I'm considerably shorter on hardwood, only like 38 or something.

Perhaps an ED doctor llama will show up with a prescription to help our respective wood problems.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

This is me. :negative:

https://twitter.com/P90THeRapper/status/1241949552393019395

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Once Nook's cranny is built...where can I find the catalog? I can't seem to find it anymore.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

Once Nook's cranny is built...where can I find the catalog? I can't seem to find it anymore.

Nook Shopping at the ATM thing at Resident Services

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

i didnt expect to run across gulliver on day 2

he's not a very good sailor imo

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Holy poo poo!!! My Turnips are going for :supaburn: 49 bells!!! :supaburn:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Wait... with the post being at the airport, does that mean no more Phyllis?

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
yeah my turnips are going for 99 i hope someone has a good price, really don’t wanna haul these around all week

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Guys the unemployment numbers this morning are going to be a loving nightmare. Turnips are not going to gain value

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

i assumed blathers would be the one to give me the pole jump ability and im glad I'm not wrong because I weeded the entirety of the 1/4th~ of the island I could run around on

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I can be your angel

https://acpatterns.com/editor

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Regarding the linked google spreadsheet earlier with the fish/bugs and such, I think the month checkboxes are southern hemisphere on a number of different things (Saddled Bichir, a bunch of the bugs, etc) despite being labeled northern hemisphere. Take that spreadsheet with a grain of salt I'd say.

It's possible they reversed the seasons of the Saddled Bichir from previous games, but I think it unlikely and some of the bug checkboxes just don't make any sense with northern hemisphere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

shortspecialbus posted:

Regarding the linked google spreadsheet earlier with the fish/bugs and such, I think the month checkboxes are southern hemisphere on a number of different things (Saddled Bichir, a bunch of the bugs, etc) despite being labeled northern hemisphere. Take that spreadsheet with a grain of salt I'd say.

It's possible they reversed the seasons of the Saddled Bichir from previous games, but I think it unlikely and some of the bug checkboxes just don't make any sense with northern hemisphere.
The most accurate Fishing list is currently this. I haven't caught a Saddled Bichir yet but everything else on the list was dead-on.

The Bug lists are all over the place and incomplete though.