Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

the cure is going to be legalizing all drugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Cowpocalypse posted:

he sounds tired and uninspiring

he also didn't actually propose anything himself

It's very on-brand.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

these people are unbelievable

https://twitter.com/miguelito0087/status/1241878825752985603

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
to be fair Bernie doesn’t seem to be running for President right now either. I know he has a day job and all but why isn’t he on all the news shows pushing a plan instead of doing a periscope that pretty much will only reach his most online supporters and no one else.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

the cure is going to be legalizing all drugs

This has been the fuckin cure for a while now I don't know what people's problem has been, Reagan is loving dead legalize it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tainen posted:

to be fair Bernie doesn’t seem to be running for President right now either. I know he has a day job and all but why isn’t he on all the news shows pushing a plan instead of doing a periscope that pretty much will only reach his most online supporters and no one else.

would the news shows put him on?

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

euphronius posted:

would the news shows put him on?

yes

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/1242100567985590274

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/laurawags/status/1242100346828316674

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/angie_rasmussen/status/1241951158458937349

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

what a world

https://twitter.com/NeilDiamond/status/1241584423927074818

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

The party told you to reject the evidence of your ears and don't eat blood! It was their final, most essential command.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

so you just need a bigger hair dryer?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

it never ceases to amaze me how loving stupid the Masters of the Universe are. say lloyd blankfein gets his way, everyone goes back to work in early April, then because everyone's back at work we have massive uncontrolled spreading and in May we have multiple successive weeks of six figure casualties. do people just... not notice that their friends and coworkers are dropping like flies? do they just keep going into work? or does the economy grind to a halt again, except way worse than before?

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

DryGoods posted:

Someone photoshop Trump into Jaws.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

I’m gonna need a second opinion on this one

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Squizzle posted:

the left side of his face is dropping, soooo,

lmao it is, haha that owns

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

that guy should write more words in his jokes

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

this is another example of the specific subvariety of trump bullshit wherein he denies the existence of lead time

tacodaemon posted:

of course trump thinks it makes sense to wait for a crisis before ramping up ventilator production, since he doesnt understand the concept of lead time

remember early in his administration when he told the pentagon to look at vastly increasing the nuclear arsenal and then within weeks he was bragging about how the nuclear arsenal was vastly increased now because he thought it just happened instantly when he said it

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

DryGoods posted:

What they need to start doing is having a family member perform a Y incision and just blow a hairdryer on your lungs for 5 straight minutes. That will definitely kill the virus.

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

Prematurely going back to work en masse just means that when the economy shuts down next time, it all shuts down. Grocery stores, pharmacies, supply chain, etc.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

+rump

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mustached Demon posted:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

tacodaemon posted:

of course trump thinks it makes sense to wait for a crisis before ramping up ventilator production, since he doesnt understand the concept of lead time

remember early in his administration when he told the pentagon to look at vastly increasing the nuclear arsenal and then within weeks he was bragging about how the nuclear arsenal was vastly increased now because he thought it just happened instantly when he said it

This is real estate 101

If even one investor is interested in a project, you tell all your other investors that the project is all but complete

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

this is why he said he wouldnt use the defense production act unless things were already in crisis mode -- because retraining, sourcing parts, tooling up assembly lines, all the other stuff required to start turning out a new product from a factory dont exist in his mind, and once somebody says they might do something it's already done

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

tacodaemon posted:

this is another example of the specific subvariety of trump bullshit wherein he denies the existence of lead time

Do you mean to tell me that GM and Ford, don't just have the blueprints for ventilators in the backroom?

Next you're going to tell me that they don't have the tooling and raw materials for them either.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

mtpu

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Not a Children posted:

This is real estate 101

If even one investor is interested in a project, you tell all your other investors that the project is all but complete

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
there was an episode of Millennium with Lance Henriksen where they locked a guy in an industrial, room-sized microwave

bet that thing would cure a whole mess of virus

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

Do you mean to tell me that GM and Ford, don't just have the blueprints for ventilators in the backroom?

Next you're going to tell me that they don't have the tooling and raw materials for them either.

iron man built his first suit in a cave

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Mustached Demon posted:

Actual Satan
Mar 14, 2017

Keep on partying!

You'll NEVER regret it!

Trust ME!

This is loving dire. Democrats are hosed, America is hosed, Trump is doing fine thanks for asking!

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

*mouth machine gun sounds*

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

what is a ventilator if not a reverse muffler?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

DryGoods posted:

there was an episode of Millennium with Lance Henriksen where they locked a guy in an industrial, room-sized microwave

was the guys name mike tv dinner

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

it’s time to pump the brakes in this China flu. we need to shift gears and put the pedal to the metal on supplying our great hospitals and first responders. thank u mr President

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

DryGoods posted:

it would cure a whole mess of boomer to

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

people like to go on about how Edsel Ford turned over Ford production to cranking out bombers and tanks after Pearl Harbor, but even that took several months for production to go online, and that was less time than it otherwise would have been because Edsel and his buddies had started planning it nearly a year earlier (Edsel never had the isolationist tendencies his nutty Jew-hating father Henry had)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

DryGoods posted: