Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Thoren posted:

edit: I have to admit though, rereading these action sequences after Onepunch-Man makes them look pathetic lol

I mean it's hard to top both ONE and Murata working together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
New raws:

https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/13933686331612844805

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

This looks fascinating. :suspense:

I love Vegeta's new look.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Hell yeah. That two page spread is awesome.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
https://mangadex.org/chapter/837541/1

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
So Superalloy isn't black? He is just a Japanese kid who trained so hard he became black?

That's kind of uncool.

That being said I do like how SA acted. Cool development and even though he is scared he is still trying to protect and nurture everyone.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I think it's supposed to be the oil bodybuilders use during competitions? But yeah it's not the best look.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
So Superalloy is basically the ultimate gym bro? Also I like how he pretty much instantly went "drat, you OK? Hurry up, pull yourself together, its dangerous here!" when Garou collapsed and he got imprisoned in the bubble. :allears:

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I took it as he used so much bronzer that dudes wear for bodybuilding competitions that it permanently darkened his skin. Which is still very not great.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
I thought it was implied somewhere that he used too much bronzer and became permanently bronze but I can't remember where or see it in the webcomic so I'm not sure.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
I kinda thought he had just turned literally bronze, considering his name and sheen.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
This was the first bad chapter in a very long time. It was extremely not cool or good.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
Been a while since I've read it and somebody correct me if I'm wrong but iirc this was the first chapter in a long time that was lifted straight from the webcomic with minimal (or no?) changes.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I just assumed that he worked out so hard he turned SHINY AND CHROME

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Gologle posted:

This was the first bad chapter in a very long time. It was extremely not cool or good.

However, Superalloy Darkshine is a good lad who means well, and so is out friend Garou.

I also have to wonder about his hair loss. It just sort of happens without mention during his transformation mini-montage.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Pyrus Malus posted:

Been a while since I've read it and somebody correct me if I'm wrong but iirc this was the first chapter in a long time that was lifted straight from the webcomic with minimal (or no?) changes.

Sort of, this part happens when he's telling Puri Puri what happened, starts here:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/55494/13

Flashback montage starts in the next chapter

https://mangadex.org/chapter/55495/1

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Apparently unlike the US president Alloy didn't become an orange. :shrug:

Good chapter though, Darkshine was fascinating. And apparently losing your hair is part of power.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

pik_d posted:

Sort of, this part happens when he's telling Puri Puri what happened, starts here:

Flashback montage starts in the next chapter

https://mangadex.org/chapter/55495/1

"Darky, I knew you'd be fine!"

"We need Darky's power!"

So I uh... assume Super Alloy Darkshine is not the original webcomic name?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

pik_d posted:

That hasn't happened in the Manga yet. Don't click that li k Manga readers

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Donkringel posted:

"We need Darky's power!"

bad translation choice for sure

I think PPP is throwing -chan at the end of some kind of short name

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Darth TNT posted:

That hasn't happened in the Manga yet. Don't click that li k Manga readers

Whoops, forgot about that since it was basically this chapter just shown a different way.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos

Donkringel posted:

"We need Darky's power!"

It's his original name, I'm pretty sure PPP is calling him dark-chan or something like that and the translator just uhh... was very dumb and chose poorly.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Gologle posted:

I like the chapter but have hesitations about some of the changes from the webcomic. What about it did you not like?

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
I actually thought this chapter improved on the webcomic by adding in Garou's perspective on the fight. Not to mention the double page spread.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

I actually thought this chapter improved on the webcomic by adding in Garou's perspective on the fight. Not to mention the double page spread.

:same:

and the use of HIS loving THUMB to redirect Darkshine's punch

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
If anyone's wondering the whole "Darkshine is actually 'Japanese'" was in the webcomic.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Plek posted:

I kinda thought he had just turned literally bronze, considering his name and sheen.

Ah, the Doc Savage approach.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah Darkshine is just super tanned.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Well, "tanned".

It's probably one of those 'borderline monster' effects, wherein his competition 'tan' became a natural one as he walked that border of monsterification, where his obsession and self-image altered his physical appearance in an unnatural manner, and he doesn't need the bronzer or a tanning bed or whatever anymore.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I feel it's half the bronze from 'tanning' to look more beefier, and half actually tanned due to being an active member of superhero society who fights outside.

Dope chapter, though, I want Garou to pin me down and scare me until he sees something he wants to protect.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
If you gotta bend over backwards to explain it then it's probably not good

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Yeah, I 100% believe that's it's just an off-color joke in poor taste meant to be taken at face value. Much like repeatedly hammering in the fact that Puri-Puri Prisoner is a rapist.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
yeah it sure is anime

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

oh jay posted:

Yeah, I 100% believe that's it's just an off-color joke in poor taste meant to be taken at face value. Much like repeatedly hammering in the fact that Puri-Puri Prisoner is a rapist.

Explain the racist facial caricatures then, it looks nothing like him pre-"tan"

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Yeah I must be missing something. He's just an over the top constantly in competition bodybuilder.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Garou's navel has become a black hole of beefcake.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Parrotine posted:

Explain the racist facial caricatures then,

The joke about how the scrawny Japanese kid keeps lifting weights until he transforms into Bob Sapp is definitely in poor taste but I don't think they're depicted as a racist caricature.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Parrotine posted:

"Poor taste" was kinda my way of saying racist, yeah. Different countries are on different stages on the curve.

Schwarzwald posted:

The joke about how the scrawny Japanese kid keeps lifting weights until he transforms into Bob Sapp is definitely in poor taste but I don't think they're depicted as a racist caricature.

I almost forgot about Bob Sapp! My favorite guy who pop up in manga randomly. Next to cowboy George Bush when he was popular a decade ago.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Parrotine posted:

Uh other then losing the hair and gaining the titular darkshine he looks the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I like that he had the same face in his super-bulked form with hair.

The real greatness is Garou backing down from ear pulling though. That's a great character moment.