Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Did yous know that that Hatt Mancocks drove a lorry, a physical lorry with wheels and a magic tree air freshener, the length of this country delivering PPEs to all the doctors and nurses :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

"We do not circulate outside for no reason. We stay at home," crisis management minister Nikos Hardalias told reporters.
"Nikos Hardalias" is exactly the name I would choose for myself if I were going on the lam in Greece.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

namesake posted:

Remember it's the wealthy and well travelled who get it first because they're going to places that have it, having close contact with travellers that have it and sitting in travel terminals with people that have it. That's not going to be reflective of the general population.

Yeah it's an >18 hour flight from London to Singapore plus 2 or 3 hours waiting around at the airport, lots of chance to pick it up there. I'd also guess that students are a higher-risk group in general as student accommodation is about as crowded as housing (legally) gets in London, and I'd further guess that international students are even higher-risk because there will be a lot of mixing from all over the world.

Having said that I'd also be surprised if the overall infection rate in London was much lower than 10% but we'll never loving know because you can't get tested unless you're actually dying or a professional footballer.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

App Mancock is very disappointed that people aren't listening to him, but to be fair it's not as if he, the Minister of State for Health of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, can do about it :sigh:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/nash_official/status/1242086099184312321

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Barry Foster posted:

My partner has broken our isolation a couple of times to go for a walk along the Exe, which is directly outside our flat complex. To get there she only needs to touch the building door handle and the button to get out of the outer gate, and the buttons to get back in, all of which she does with her sleeve or something, which immediately then goes in the wash. When she walks, she'll see maybe two or three other people along our length doing the same thing, and they'll be, like, 200 metres away most of the time (and certainly never close than ten)

I think I already know the answer, but this is probably as close as we get to safety as we can get without absolute, total lockdown, right? I can cope fine, since I'm a fucken goon (haven't left the flat for a week now, and I'm sailing along just fine) but she can't bear it for more than three or four days at a time, despite my gently nudging her to lump it.

Should I nudge harder?

Stop nudging her. You can still go out, walk around, breathing fresh air is good for you. Exercise is good for you. Just use your brain: keep a reasonable distance from people, resist touching poo poo unnecessarily, don't go meeting up with people.

I just got a bus too and from town. I washed my hands when I left, washed them as soon as I got back again. Other than that, just didn't pick something up in Tesco unless I intended to buy it.

Will say though, Tesco was surprisingly well stocked. Short of a few things like the fish counter wasn't even open. So if you're in the Highlands and need to stock up Tesco Extra at the Retail Park on the A96 is an alright go.

Didn't end up getting Ben and Jerry's, they had that new tub of Magnum Double Caramel so thought I'd try it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Having said that I'd also be surprised if the overall infection rate in London was much lower than 10% but we'll never loving know because you can't get tested unless you're actually dying or a professional footballer.
When you think about it, all of us, every day, are dying or a professional footballer.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Beer aisle in the big Tesco here in Leith is pretty much cleared out. Still no TP or free range eggs (a few boxes of cruelty eggs still kicking about though).

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I was meant to be in the highlands next week for a double birthday week off but that's not going to happen now

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Payndz posted:

"Nikos Hardalias" is exactly the name I would choose for myself if I were going on the lam in Greece.

As someone with the first name Nick, it's the kind of alias my brain would come up with while thinking 'aliases are hard', and I'd just go with it.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Lol apparently the AirBnB market has all but disappeared in most major cities, so AirBnB landlords are flooding the rental market with their properties instead, forcing rents to fall through the floor and causing all landlords everywhere to get a thorough assfucking

I am delighted. Delighted.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Hey is this tshirt canceled now?

Chas McGill posted:

cruelty eggs

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Creggs.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Works shut up shop and is guaranteeing everyones full pay for April

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I was meant to be in the highlands next week for a double birthday week off but that's not going to happen now

New law in force, they only let you north of Dalwhinnie if you can prove you're a Wee Free and thus in God's good book.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I was quite surprised when Salmond was accused. He's always struck me as that particular type of asexual psychopath who only got married because politics requires keeping up appearances.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Idea for you if you're going stir crazy (or if your other halves are):

A friend in the US has set up a zoom 'coffee get together' for tomorrow with a bunch of us. Should be fun!

Also: self-employed BY 5PM TONIGHT

I posted about this earlier, now found the original request from Treasury:

https://twitter.com/CommonsTreasury/status/1240620040803803136?s=20

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 23, 2020

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Jedit posted:

I was quite surprised when Salmond was accused. He's always struck me as that particular type of asexual psychopath who only got married because politics requires keeping up appearances.

counterpoint

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?

Brendan Rodgers posted:

What are the military even for if we aren't gonna send them out for this, gently caress it turn our stupid carriers into mobile hospitals too.

So most exercise rotations overseas have been cancelled in order to free up manpower and to limit exposure, I myself was supposed to be in Finland for a month in May. Most lads would love to lend a hand like we did with the floods, heavy snow, ebola, overseas repatriation of citizens and the Salisbury chemical attack etc etc. I would assume we are waiting on details for what MACA (Military Assistance to Civilian Authority) has been requested along with how it's to be implemented. I'm assuming back filling of logistical chains that may be coming under strain in both commercial medical chains, back filling of sensitive sights where MOD police can be freed up or if they are under strain, augmenting triage of casualties if it all goes tits up with military medical professionals.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

That US line.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Drawing an exponential curve on an exponential scale is an achievement.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Good that Donnie is going to tell everyone to go back to work in his press conference

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/mawahid786/status/1241854614904897536

Jippa fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Mar 23, 2020

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Also: self-employed BY 5PM TONIGHT

I posted about this earlier, now found the original request from Treasury:

Sent an e-mail asking them to equalise pay for everyone in regards to the pandemic. See what Pfeffel and Sunak have to say for themselves at 5pm, although I'm not exactly holding out hope.
There's still myriad posts on LinkedIn praising Sunak for basically acting like a human, while hanging 4.5M freelance workers out to dry and it boils my piss none of them have any sort of perspective.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

I mean ours is quite potentially worse...

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1242134520280817670

This seems ominous.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
does that mean the lockdown is coming? they've spent all day anonymously briefing about it, so it must be due soon

also Greggs has closed

also also so has all of Wales

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
I'm due to be leaving London dinnertime tomorrow and I swear to god if they lock everything down now and I get trapped I will be FUMIN

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

XMNN posted:

does that mean the lockdown is coming? they've spent all day anonymously briefing about it, so it must be due soon

also Greggs has closed

also also so has all of Wales

If they do I'm glad I went to the shops today.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

SWEEP THE LEG

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Having trouble identifying this bird. Likes peanuts though:

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

TheRat posted:

SWEEP THE LEG

It's Brazil, not Italy, and probably nothing to do with the virus at all but still - that came out of loving nowhere!

I'm leaving London tomorrow and have already cancelled my Ocado order that I had to book 3 weeks ago - if I can't leave I am going to be seriously peeved.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BenKentish/status/1242112493532655618

"Turns out our attempt to turn Britain into Galt's Gulch *might* have a few drawbacks"

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I mean ours is quite potentially worse...
I was just looking to see if our death toll is still tracking Italy + 14 days.

It was until Friday at which point the equivalent Italy numbers took off. I wonder if we're still sat on a ticking time bomb or if it already went off and the weekend has put a lag in confirming deaths.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goddamnedtwisto posted:

https://twitter.com/BenKentish/status/1242112493532655618

"Turns out our attempt to turn Britain into Galt's Gulch *might* have a few drawbacks"
How about reviewing the wages of those now-known-to-be-skilled workers if they're so crucial, giving them more points under the existing system, Sleve?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63kbFPYcQVM

I both love and hate pointless.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
KFC joins McDs, Costa and Subway in shutting for the forseeable

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Pablo Bluth posted:

I was just looking to see if our death toll is still tracking Italy + 14 days.

It was until Friday at which point the equivalent Italy numbers took off. I wonder if we're still sat on a ticking time bomb or if it already went off and the weekend has put a lag in confirming deaths.

What measures did Italy have in place at the 14 day period? Although as people have said there's a lead time on measures having an effect.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

KFC joins McDs, Costa and Subway in shutting for the forseeable

I think McDs is dependent on the franchisee because I drove past my local around lunchtime and there was a massive queue for the drive through

and there are definitely multiple local Subways still open for takeaway orders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Julio Cruz posted:

I think McDs is dependent on the franchisee because I drove past my local around lunchtime and there was a massive queue for the drive through

and there are definitely multiple local Subways still open for takeaway orders

they're closing tonight iirc. KFC will be closing from now until Wednesday