Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Here we are in the future

I still need to do the pants and sandals which I don't have access to do from custom designs or a shop yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
It's raining on my island if anyone wants to come fish, I'm just letting my Switch idle while I work.

Dodo Code: 3FHT9

Oibignose
Jun 30, 2007

tasty yellow beef
Been told to post this code 6NCYD.

Pears apparently.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Can anything other than branches come from trees after the first shake?

mercantilism
Oct 22, 2012
Come hang out on my trash town, I've got everything but apples and some bamboo lying around! LVFSR

If you have apples please send help.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

mercantilism posted:

Come hang out on my trash town, I've got everything but apples and some bamboo lying around! LVFSR

I got you

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I have discovered that you can't send mail to other peoples' villagers anymore and am tremendously sad

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Got my Witch Cat Lulu comforter :neckbeard: (the toy of my cat I make IG CatMagiCToys)

https://twitter.com/kaiju_sommelier/status/1242133237251502084?s=21

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

A few questions that have probably already been answered, but hundreds of pages have passed since I looked.

If I open my airport and get the Dodo Code, how long does that last? Until I end the game for that day? Or until I shut the gates even if I log out and back in?

If I time jump (want to open my museum today instead of tomorrow) can I open the shop and then reset back to normal time and keep it? Is there any "punishment" for time jumps?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

badjohny posted:

A few questions that have probably already been answered, but hundreds of pages have passed since I looked.

If I open my airport and get the Dodo Code, how long does that last? Until I end the game for that day? Or until I shut the gates even if I log out and back in?

If I time jump (want to open my museum today instead of tomorrow) can I open the shop and then reset back to normal time and keep it? Is there any "punishment" for time jumps?

Dodo codes are only for a single session of a gate being open. If you close it the game will generate a new Dodo code.

Only punishments for time jumping is instantly rotting your turnips if you log in at an earlier time. There might be more but I haven't run into it yet.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Why are apples in demand? Ive got like 30 goddamn apples trees. I swim in an apple pond and bathe in apple juice.

loving nightmare that is apples. Maybe im too early and they get scarcer or something.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
Caught my first wasp! gently caress YOU, WASP, gently caress YOU! :supaburn:

Uh... Blacked out for a moment there...

Man, this game has gotten its hooks into me *fierce*. Wasn't sure if I'd like it or bounce off it, but figured I'd at least approach it on its own terms, rather than try and overlay my other 'progress game' obsession onto it (Stardew Valley).

Some speculative purchases are a bust; this very much isn't one of them.

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

someone awful. posted:

I have discovered that you can't send mail to other peoples' villagers anymore and am tremendously sad

If you can send them via the best friends list. I send my friend stuff 2x a day which is the max.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Zore posted:

Its raining in your town and I caught 2 Coelancanths in a row.

Thank you!

Oh that’s great! I just got off my two hour conference call to find myself surrounded by bell bags, thanks everyone!
Closing up the gate now so I can go see Harvey’s Island

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Zore posted:

Dodo codes are only for a single session of a gate being open. If you close it the game will generate a new Dodo code.

Only punishments for time jumping is instantly rotting your turnips if you log in at an earlier time. There might be more but I haven't run into it yet.

Ok, so I can open the gates, give my brother the code, and as long as I don't close those gates he could use it to log in a month from now? Does anything auto close gates? Local Multiplayer for example. My family all plays together sometimes.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How would you goons describe this series? I'm trying to coax my girlfriend into gaming but I have no idea how to describe it.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Here we are in the future

I still need to do the pants and sandals which I don't have access to do from custom designs or a shop yet.

Ha, that's great.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

My second villager is moving in today, interestingly she is the third I invited.

I talked to Rocket the gorilla and had the option to give her a present, so I gave her a butterfly I had in my inventory. She seemed a bit baffled but said she'd name it after me. Before that she gave me some, like, airport chair decoration to "decorate the island" so I'm pretty sure she's a Corona agent.

I went in to talk to Flip the monkey in his house and he was humming. He seems to like to sing since I saw him singing a tune outside yesterday. I was prepared and gave him an ironing board, which he acted stoked about and gave me some bells in return. Said he'd put it in next time he redecorated. Time to fill my villagers' houses with random junk. :getin:

My third villager was finally unpacked and was building something, so I learned how to make a plain wooden bed. Couldn't give her anything so it seems like you need to know your villagers for a few days before you can start gifting them stuff. Later on I walked back into her house to see if she was doing anything different and she wasn't, so I walked out and she gave me a question mark response as I did, heh.

Caught a sturgeon but no luck on the stringfish. I'm going to be trying again later tonight. Turnips are like 46 bells right now so we'll see how tomorrow fares.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Is the "villager that you can't stand" solution still to just ignore them until they leave?

I will sacrifice my "talk to villagers" nook miles if it means getting rid of them.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Martytoof posted:

Is the "villager that you can't stand" solution still to just ignore them until they leave?

I will sacrifice my "talk to villagers" nook miles if it means getting rid of them.

I imagine it also works like New Leaf where you can just keep hitting them with the net and eventually they realize they aren't wanted

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
If apples are in high demand I can open my island up in an hour or so will post the code when I do. I've got so many drat apple trees I'm cutting them down so I can see my land. Come take as many as you like.

I've just started and have like one coconut tree and three orange trees so if you guys wanna leave me anything, be happy to take it.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

What's a decent price for turnips? Like if I see that price, I should probably go ahead and sell instead of trying to wait for something even better

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

mercantilism posted:

Apples ye receive! Straight from Le BonZone. Just as I was heading out, somebody came in wearing a sick looking purple wizard robe! I need that! NEED. I'll keep an eye out for it.

ZeusCannon posted:

Why are apples in demand? Ive got like 30 goddamn apples trees. I swim in an apple pond and bathe in apple juice.

loving nightmare that is apples. Maybe im too early and they get scarcer or something.

They are not, particularly. Happens you have apples as your island's native fruit. I do too. Some fruits can prove elusive if you're trying to collect the rest of the fruits. I am willing to share the apple wealth. Nothing will happen to your apples unless you chop down all your apple trees, and even then you guy buy apples from the Nook store for 400 Bells a pop.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Flipswitch posted:

How would you goons describe this series? I'm trying to coax my girlfriend into gaming but I have no idea how to describe it.

Chill, but you gotta make your own fun, cuz there's no real goals outside of making your island and your character pretty

Martytoof posted:

I thought I something about being able to talk to Isabelle about "fixing" problem villagers, and I assumed that meant getting black bagged and disappeared off the island.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Silver Falcon posted:

Apples ye receive! Straight from Le BonZone. Just as I was heading out, somebody came in wearing a sick looking purple wizard robe! I need that! NEED. I'll keep an eye out for it.

They are not, particularly. Happens you have apples as your island's native fruit. I do too. Some fruits can prove elusive if you're trying to collect the rest of the fruits. I am willing to share the apple wealth. Nothing will happen to your apples unless you chop down all your apple trees, and even then you guy buy apples from the Nook store for 400 Bells a pop.

You can cut down trees? I thought they were immortal. I clearly need to play more

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

404notfound posted:

What's a decent price for turnips? Like if I see that price, I should probably go ahead and sell instead of trying to wait for something even better

I'm seeing prices in the 300s-600s on the ACTurnips reddit

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

io_burn posted:

It's raining on my island if anyone wants to come fish, I'm just letting my Switch idle while I work.

Dodo Code: 3FHT9

Thanks, I'll stop by if you're still open! Wanna catch a coelacanth! Or are those only at night?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Idia posted:

If you can send them via the best friends list. I send my friend stuff 2x a day which is the max.

You used to be able to send the animals on other people's islands letters, if you used the post office while visiting. Then later they'd show them off in conversations occasionally. Sometimes they'd use items if you gave them as gifts, too. I miss it a little bit but it was a small thing in the long run really :shobon:

Also I just learned a diy recipe from talking to somebody on someone else's island, so it's neat that that can happen!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
So I got a wand recipe from a balloon and it seems like kind of a hassle to actually use. Maybe once I have better access to clothing. I own very few shoes and pants to be making outfits.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

ZeusCannon posted:

You can cut down trees? I thought they were immortal. I clearly need to play more

Yeah, the "Axe," as opposed to a Stone Axe, will chop down trees if you hit them 3 times with it. If you want to move a tree without killing it, you can eat a fruit and dig it up with a shovel to plant elsewhere. If you chop down a tree, it leaves behind a stump, which you can dig up with a shovel. But certain bugs spawn on top of stumps, so maybe leave a few. Stumps can also be sat upon, if you want some seating around your campfire or whatnot with a more rustic feel.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Flipswitch posted:

My favorite description was on the back of the box of the og version "the real-life game that happens every second of every day, whether you're there or not". Its just a window into a happy little world where you're neighbors with animals that are going about their lives, and seeing what's up each day even if sometimes its as simple a pleasure as seeing what cute stuff is in stock in the store to decorate your house/dress up with.

Echophonic posted:

So I got a wand recipe from a balloon and it seems like kind of a hassle to actually use. Maybe once I have better access to clothing. I own very few shoes and pants to be making outfits.
Yeah the wand is very cool, but losing access to stuff when you set them to outfits is a little limiting.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Is there usually some kind of limit on how many fruit trees you can grow? For some reason this clump has stayed in the nursery stage while the others are growing.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

mercantilism posted:

Ha ha hot drat Sahara in your town gave me one of my favorite wallpapers and it looks amazing in New Horizons

Thanks again friend. :)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i missed the turnip seller because who the hell wakes up before noon on a sunday

but invested my bells in the dirt and those money trees will be blooming any day now

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Casu Marzu posted:

I thought I something about being able to talk to Isabelle about "fixing" problem villagers, and I assumed that meant getting black bagged and disappeared off the island.

In New Leaf you could talk to Isabella about a villager's behavior to reset their catchphrase in case someone made them start saying cusses or something. People said it made them more likely to move out but honestly that just feels like an urban legend to me, I've never seen any real confirmation for that and I don't see why they would add that feature to what's ostensibly just a parental control sort of thing. I don't know if they give you more direct control here but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same thing.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
Anyone else finding the Dodo Code stuff to be pretty buggy? I open my town up and post the code and as soon as there are 5+ people in my town it's just a matter of time to when I get some kind of network error. I'm wondering if any random person improperly disconnecting kills the whole island session for everyone?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
So I just spent my day building a random outdoor restaurant thing and another project I want to keep low cause I want to surprise people who come visit tomorrow. I forgot to eat during this time and both projects took numerous hours and materials including loving about with the customisation thing.

Still think it was pretty worth.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The lengthy arrival and departure loads are killing my desire to visit Dodo codes being posted out in the open but hnnnnrnrrrg I need to sell the turnips that I bought at 105.

loopsheloop
Oct 22, 2010
My Nook's Cranny has poppers for sale!!

2G0SY

Also pears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Silver Falcon posted:

I got it from a sky present! If I could make more I'd already be churning them out as gifts.