Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

boxen posted:

There are some Costco LED ones that are really good, I can't offhand tell you what they are though.

Edit: I THINK it's these ones: https://www.costco.com/feit-electric-4'-linkable-led-shop-light%2C-2-pack.product.100462723.html

I put 9 of these in my garage and couldn't be happier. Actually I could be happier, I think I need two more to flank the open garage door and two to mount to the door for either low angle light or overhead light when open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
What’s my best bet for buying Williams sockets/tools in Canada?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Where do you live?

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!

slidebite posted:

Where do you live?

Edmonton

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Big Taint posted:

I’ve gotten seemingly intact boxes with nothing in them from Amazon, wouldn’t surprise me if some new guy forgot to put the item in before they taped the box shut.

So if someone calls in sick do they just ship out 1000 empty boxes?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Wait til Amazon realizes that it's cheaper to not send out inventory.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

So if someone calls in sick do they just ship out 1000 empty boxes?

If the picker is sick, I guess. If the packer is sick then they just slap a shipping label on your Doc Johnson and let her rip.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Hmm. I am in the Lethbridge area and would cut you a deal but freight would be a problem.

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
RE: Grease gun chat from last page

The way I was taught was to make a 1" box out of cardstock or cereal box thickness cardboard. Cut out a 3"x3" square, draw a 3x3 grid of 1" squares, cut out the corners, and tape it into a little box. You then count how many full pumps it takes to fill that box, then do the math for how many pumps you need for a given piece of equipment. Example: My grease gun is 17 pumps per cubic inch. The average chiller motor I grease takes 1.5 cubic inches of grease per 2000 hours of runtime. 17x1.5=25.5 pumps to get 1.5 cubic inches.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
Huh, that actually makes total sense and I've never even thought about grease gun pump amounts.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Having literally been raised in a veterinary clinic I might be slightly damaged, but may I propose using a single-use syirnge (sans needle) for this purpose. Just start with the plunger all the way in, then grease it through the "needle hole" (there's probably an industry term for that.)

Or maybe a digital scale, provided you know the density of the grease.

Rye Bread
Nov 8, 2005
:razz:
Milwaukee is releasing M12 impact ratchets, with 220ft-lb: https://news.ohiopowertool.com/milwaukee-m12-impact-ratchet-wrench-2564-22-2565-22/

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

That's really cool - I want one, but it'll probably be awhile before I buy one because I'm not really sure I need one. edit: Holy poo poo, just noticed it's 3000rpm. The 3/8" Fuel ratchet is only 200. That's huge.
Also, is this a thing in other dialects or is this guy just a dummy?

That page posted:

for when you really don’t want that socket to come off working at highes and such.

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Mar 10, 2020

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Exactly what I needed when dropping my transfer case. Probably 5 years too late for me, since now I've taken off 95% of all the fasteners on the International at least once.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Krakkles posted:

Also, is this a thing in other dialects or is this guy just a dummy?
I'm assuming he just missed a "t".

Edit: And moved an "e". :downs:

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Fifty Three posted:

I'm assuming he just missed a "t".

Edit: And moved an "e". :downs:
Yeah, it's probably this, plus an "all intensive purposes" kind of situation.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!

slidebite posted:

Hmm. I am in the Lethbridge area and would cut you a deal but freight would be a problem.
[/

[quote="slidebite" post="503137429"]

I think I can get you a shipping label or something, but what kind of $$ are we talking here? Say, 3/8 impact metric sockets and 1/4 chrome? Short/deep?

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
Does anybody have any recommendations for a decent leakdown tester?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

i own every Bionicle posted:

Does anybody have any recommendations for a decent leakdown tester?

If it's got a gauge and threads in the hole, then it's a decent leakdown tester.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

meatpimp posted:

If it's got a gauge and threads in the hole, then it's a decent leakdown tester.

Ok thanks. Was wondering if I was making a mistake borrowing a harbor freight special from a friend.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Ok thanks. Was wondering if I was making a mistake borrowing a harbor freight special from a friend.

Does it read 0 with no pressure? Does it read something reasonable when pumped up? It's probably fine.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

sharkytm posted:

Does it read 0 with no pressure? Does it read something reasonable when pumped up? It's probably fine.

It turns out what he had was a compression gauge (which I already have) so it looks like I’m doing some shopping anyway.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

It turns out what he had was a compression gauge (which I already have) so it looks like I’m doing some shopping anyway.

I've been checking out this tool discount website recently but I haven't ordered anything from them yet nor have I cross-referenced them on google to see if they're legit or not. They have this kit on their site as part of their weekly specials.

cylinder leakage test kit

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

coupedeville posted:

I've been checking out this tool discount website recently but I haven't ordered anything from them yet nor have I cross-referenced them on google to see if they're legit or not. They have this kit on their site as part of their weekly specials.

cylinder leakage test kit

Interesting site, but shipping really hurts on some of the things I just checked.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

meatpimp posted:

Interesting site, but shipping really hurts on some of the things I just checked.

I was doing some looking around and found another similar site, Tooltopia. Maybe see if they're any better for you?

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Welp my M18 charger stopped working after one use. Bought it on ebay so not sure if I can warranty it.

Anyone sitting on a pile of extras and want to sell one cheapish?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Where you at? I've got at least one extra I could do without.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

opengl128 posted:

Welp my M18 charger stopped working after one use. Bought it on ebay so not sure if I can warranty it.

Anyone sitting on a pile of extras and want to sell one cheapish?

they should warranty it,

iirc they don't seem to care about where you bought it just that the warranty starts from the production date not the date of sale

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Yeah in absence of receipt they'll just use the serial number. Unless it's something super obvious, they won't even try to repair it, they'll just give you a new one. Most semi decent size cities have a Milwaukee authorized repair depot so you might not have to even send it anywhere.

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
Harbor freight is doing their part. Sorry for the Reddit link.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Skookum/comments/fnbtlr/impressive_indeed_good_for_you_hft/

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I'm awaiting the Chicago Pneumatic ventilators.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Colostomy Bag posted:

Which Harbor Freight executive will Elon Musk claim is a pedophile?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Platystemon posted:

Which Harbor Freight executive will Elon Musk claim is a pedophile?

Since he got away with it last time, all of them.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
speaking of HF my friend found this on their site, lmao

https://www.harborfreight.com/vintage-brass-sextant-66096.html

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BraveUlysses posted:

That thing is awesome.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Essex Brass :v:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Colostomy Bag posted:

I wouldn't choose to have my life saved by hazard fraught's finest life support equipment, but any port in a storm...

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

BraveUlysses posted:

Not only does that thing come up with everytime I search for brass (I needed a brass drift), I ended up looking for the fountain of youth in goddamn Florida.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

kastein posted:

I wouldn't choose to have my life saved by hazard fraught's finest life support equipment, but any port in a storm...

Imagine the coupon ad...

Compare this to Medtronics $200,000 to our $250 one.

Plus 20% off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Colostomy Bag posted:

Imagine the coupon ad...

Compare this to Medtronics $200,000 to our $250 one.

Plus 20% off.

Combine your savings with our pancake compressor*

*for the love of god please don't pancake compressor your lungs goons