Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Mox Hombre posted:

it's worth noting that even though drinking and eating crap might seem like the logical thing to do, (besides not getting enough sleep) sugar and alcohol are some of the worst things you can do for your immune system

Eat and drink my rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Adolf Glitter posted:

Gonna be "interesting" seeing how many in the UK follow the rules, and exactly how the police deal with it considering the government has eviscerated them (and everything else) over the last decade.

Dell_Zincht posted:

There aren't enough police to deal with it, simple as. You're gonna get people taking matters into their own hands if anything.

if anything even smells like civil unrest there will be soldiers on the streets by next morning

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Spinz posted:

I really wonder if this thing is more contagious then they are saying even

I mean, its really loving contagious, thats why they're telling people to not be in groups with people you absolutely dont have to be with. You're also probably going to be contagious before you even develop symptoms.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

rear end cobra posted:

Is there a lack of testing in NL? 10 times as many deaths with roughly the same amount of cases as Austria.

I read last week that they were only testing people who had confirmed direct exposure, like healthcare workers and family members of patients. I doubt the situation has improved any since.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Can't determine if this is reliable or not, but my wife got a news alert that says a doctor in Italy says they're not putting anyone over 60 on respiratory equipment anymore. This is different than the UK thing a few days ago.

https://www.jpost.com/International/Israeli-doctor-in-Italy-We-no-longer-help-those-over-60-621856

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

drat, I've had to go out for a 2 week supply of beer like 5 times already this month.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Quebec just have the list of essential service and it's quite extensive. Here is a rough English translation of it:

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/here-are-the-essential-businesses-and-services-that-will-stay-open-during-quebec-s-covid-19-shutdown-1.4864805

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

drat, I've had to go out for a 2 week supply of beer like 5 times already this month.

I only have alcohol in my house if I know I'm gonna drink it that day. Too hard to avoid the siren's call locked in one's house.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Spinz posted:

I really wonder if this thing is more contagious then they are saying even

A pity we're having to discover the severity for ourselves since the originating country suppressed or falsified all the data on their outbreak. :thunk:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Really, with how screwy the reporting has been I don't really think any country's self-reported numbers can be trusted.

Germany and South Korea's reported numbers are probably **mostly** trustworthy, UK, USA and Italy's numbers are clearly garbage, Russia's numbers are laughably fake, everyone else falls somewhere in between. The death toll counts will be a lot more accurate (except in places like Russia of course) but still not completely accurate. They probably never will be because many possibly related deaths weren't tested before the funeral/cremation so in future we'll have to rely on estimates.

But I still think that the reported numbers are useful as a rough indication of how the virus is progressing in each country, as well as an indicator of the strain being put on the hospital systems. It's really important that we keep reminding people that things are continuing to get worse and with the death toll in most countries being relatively low so far (outside of Italy, China Spain and Iran, all of which would feel real distant to a lot of people) those infection numbers are pretty much the only statistic we can really shove in people's faces to remind them to keep taking this seriously.

The first confirmed COVID-19 infection on US soil was detected on January 20. It took until March 2 before they passed 100 confirmed cases, then March 11 to pass 1000 cases, then March 19 to pass 10,000 cases, then March 21 for 20,000, then March 22 for 30,000. 50,000 is going to be real soon and we'll be seeing some really big numbers soon after that. Those numbers are going to be pretty scary but they're still only the infections we've tested for, the actual numbers have been ?????% higher all along.

The first US death attributed to COVID-19 was Feb 29, the tenth was on March 4, the 100th was March 17, the 200th was March 19, looks like the 500th was March 23. Those numbers have also been rising exponentially which is real bad news for everyone.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense

Shaocaholica posted:

Would a blood transfusion with a just recovered person make you immune? Imagine how much the rich would pay for that.

Experiments are being made on transfusion of plasma from people that succedeed in recovering from Covid-19, in China and also here in Italy. Medics seem to be cautiosly optimistic.

Beachcomber posted:

Can't determine if this is reliable or not, but my wife got a news alert that says a doctor in Italy says they're not putting anyone over 60 on respiratory equipment anymore. This is different than the UK thing a few days ago.

https://www.jpost.com/International/Israeli-doctor-in-Italy-We-no-longer-help-those-over-60-621856

It's not THAT bad, but triage had to be quite harsh in certain zones because of the limitation in the number of avaliable ventilators.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Some dumbfuck 60 year old couple saw the news about hydroxychloroquine being a magic bullet. They ingested fishtank cleaner chloroquine phosphate and one ended up in critical condition and the other dead.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

I do believe UK, USA and Italy's number are honest and they give us what they have. But for sure, because of the lack of testing, who knows the real number.

Canada is giving what we have on the field, today, in Quebec we had the biggest jump of +409. Since yesterday the news was reporting that in some regions things were going sideway and fast. It just that the government update "only" once a day. In The next few days the number might be even larger because they installed a huge testing clinic in the middle of the biggest metropolitan area.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Some dumbfuck 60 year old couple saw the news about hydroxychloroquine being a magic bullet. They ingested fishtank cleaner chloroquine phosphate and one ended up in critical condition and the other dead.

Lol trumps gonna kill his base

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Shaocaholica posted:

Lol trumps gonna kill his base

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was on hisself

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Welp, just got off the phone and I Officially Had The ‘Rona last week. Hopefully now I’m immune!

Congratulations on your recovery. I hope a survived infection from this virus does in fact produce immunity!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Congratulations on your recovery. I hope a survived infection from this virus does in fact produce immunity!

I had an incredibly minor case- highest my fever got was 101.6, for a few hours. Whole thing mostly felt like a minor flu, I lucked out pretty hard.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

You should get a Virus Tamer gangtag or something along those lines

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

I had an incredibly minor case- highest my fever got was 101.6, for a few hours. Whole thing mostly felt like a minor flu, I lucked out pretty hard.

3 out of 5 cases are apparently this minor or even less. Still glad you were one of them, and not 1 of 5 who had more prolonged, serious symptoms, or the final 1/5 who require hospitalization, critical care or succumb to the virus.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

nice someone make the qcs thread

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lol

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

3 out of 5 cases are apparently this minor or even less. Still glad you were one of them, and not 1 of 5 who had more prolonged, serious symptoms, or the final 1/5 who require hospitalization, critical care or succumb to the virus.

I did have stomach symptoms, which usually indicates that it’s gonna be a worse case, so I was a bit concerned... but also having the shits isn’t unusual for me, so it may not have been the virus.

Hyzenth1ay
Oct 24, 2008

pnumoman posted:

What? How are you a goon? My weight has shot up because I'm eating just as much but I can't get to the gym and burn this poo poo off. I wish I didn't like food enough where I'll just not want to eat at times. Then again, that would mean not being as sexy thicc as I am, so maybe not.

Same. My eating habits got real bad again (I lost 60lb this past year). Terrified of re-gaining. I’ve been going out running still but I’m not sure I’ll be able to if we get a stay home order in my country.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I still go to the gym. Just the gym and back home basically. This is my life now

pretty sure the gym is completely infested yet it's full every day

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Hyzenth1ay posted:

I’ve been going out running still but I’m not sure I’ll be able to if we get a stay home order in my country.

Life finds a way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqb46NzBIts

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
That is only 6000 laps of that balcony ive never run a marathon but that doesnt seem too bad

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Beachcomber posted:

That's similar to what we heard weeks ago that in hard hit hospitals they are triaging people over 65 or with multiple serious comorbidities who need ventilators as expected and basically leaving them to die.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

wilderthanmild posted:

That's similar to what we heard weeks ago that in hard hit hospitals they are triaging people over 65 or with multiple serious comorbidities who need ventilators as expected and basically leaving them to die.

Are they at least getting morphine or something?? Christ...

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

It certainly does. If anyone is getting 'reinfected' it is almost certainly a variation of the virus.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
Looks like Italy is on the other side of the hill (fingers crossed, knock on wood, wash hands).
It's now also 2 weeks after they started the lock down if I'm not mistaken?

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

I did have stomach symptoms, which usually indicates that it’s gonna be a worse case, so I was a bit concerned... but also having the shits isn’t unusual for me, so it may not have been the virus.

Any shortness of breath or tight chest? That's been driving me nuts but I can't tell if its anxiety, quitting smoking, pollen, or COVID.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Peachfart posted:

It certainly does. If anyone is getting 'reinfected' it is almost certainly a variation of the virus.

Is this a “hunch”?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

pro starcraft loser posted:

Are they at least getting morphine or something?? Christ...

They didn't elaborate that I remember. It was basically one detail in a series that could be summed up as "once the hospital is overwhelmed, it's really bad".

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Any shortness of breath or tight chest? That's been driving me nuts but I can't tell if its anxiety, quitting smoking, pollen, or COVID.

Chest tightness and I’d get a bit winded if I went up the stairs to my apartment when I was picking up a delivery, but nothing too severe on either.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Chest tightness and I’d get a bit winded if I went up the stairs to my apartment when I was picking up a delivery, but nothing too severe on either.

Thanks and gratz on recovery. I don't have any other symptoms outside of the occasional cough and slightly runny nose so I'll chalk this up to something else.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Congrats on quitting smoking!!!!
Remember its all in your head after like a couple days--- any physical after that is absolutely tolerable.
I smoked for 30 years, quit cold turkey in October. The only thing I noticed was I was constipated for like 3 months (lol)
And the cravings were super bad with one activity (art in my case)

You can do this :)

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Burt Sexual posted:

Is this a “hunch”?

It is how immune systems work.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
day 1 working from home, we bought easy to make dinners so i can help out do the mr mom thing.

hamburger helper, piece of cake fry up the meat, throw it in the pot cook it up. hmm, this really looks like poo poo what is wrong. wife comes up, points out we didn't double the recipe lmao we are all gonna die

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

mrfart posted:

Looks like Italy is on the other side of the hill (fingers crossed, knock on wood, wash hands).

Where are you getting that from? At best the number of new cases today has fallen slightly compared to the past two or three days but that's marginal and today isn't quite over anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Thanks and gratz on recovery. I don't have any other symptoms outside of the occasional cough and slightly runny nose so I'll chalk this up to something else.

Definitely didn’t have any runny nose. It was weird, though, when I was sick my allergies didn’t bother me at all, and when I got better they came back HARD. So many sneezing fits yesterday.