Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Yeah, that took awhile but eventually glitched them dead.
Thanks

Also, somehow picked up an exotic mask today, not even sure where I got it.
Says awarded. I'll assume through season level up or something similar.
Same one in Guillermus screenshot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

When bounties spawn in the federal reserve bank side mission location in NYC you can't get to them. There's one of those kick-down walls in the way and you can't interact with it. I've had it happen to me 3 times.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

OgNar posted:

Can't finish my bounty because the last 2 people are inside an inaccessible area.
The doors don't open and I've competely circled the place.

e: hah, while I was typing that, the bounty squeezed out somehow and started attacking me. still can't 'secure the area' though while last girl is inside.

This only works on that location but you can actually shoot through the canvas to the left of that corner. Faster than waiting on skills, but usually it’s up to the oxidizer if someone is stuck in a wall.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

OgNar posted:

Can't finish my bounty because the last 2 people are inside an inaccessible area.
The doors don't open and I've competely circled the place.

e: hah, while I was typing that, the bounty squeezed out somehow and started attacking me. still can't 'secure the area' though while last girl is inside.

Welcome to the division, agent.

Estel
May 4, 2010

OgNar posted:

Yeah, that took awhile but eventually glitched them dead.
Thanks

Also, somehow picked up an exotic mask today, not even sure where I got it.
Says awarded. I'll assume through season level up or something similar.
Same one in Guillermus screenshot.

It's one of the rewards of this season.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I'm still playing through the $3 base game but I'm approaching lvl 40 now and I was just curious - how long do I have to buy Warlords before the first season ends? If I'm reading it right the expansion includes the "premium" season 1 track for free, and some of the rewards look pretty useful, so I'm wondering if I should pick up the expansion now and rush through the base game storyline or if I have time to take it slowly and still knock out the bulk of the seasonal track at a more leisurely pace?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Seasons are 12 weeks long and the current one started march 10. You can gain a level "every 30 minutes to 1 hour of gameplay with no additional experience modifiers." I assume that's on Normal and not counting difficulty, directives, XP from Projects etc.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I admittedly play more than average but I got season level 100 on Thursday or Friday. There is still a lot of time to get everything.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Estel posted:

Every time that happens change one of your skills to oxidizer. Most of the time are closed doors. Point it near and when it turns red because it can hit something shoot it. It will take some shots but you will kill them. I had a bounty bug in that same place and some oxidizer shoots killed them.

Yep, this is right. In that screenshot you can also bank a seeker mine in the windows above the door but I had two bounties in that zone once doing a weekly task and both times I had to slowly oxidize a minigunner heavy down that way.

Kibayasu posted:

I admittedly play more than average but I got season level 100 on Thursday or Friday. There is still a lot of time to get everything.

'more than average' is a nice understatement :v:

though if you do stuff like bullet king farming or the speed runs for the current event you really rake it in. I think I got 20 SP levels off finishing the time trials for the outcast event.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So I can't really figure this out, is everything working as intended for CP's or are they bugged? The expansion made it sound like you could reset your CP to replay all of them but that doesn't seem to work. Did some search and it isn't clear?

Doing CP's is really my favorite solo activity, but I have every single one controlled for days now.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

It's both. The latest TU made the intentional change that enemies can't take them back out from under you but there is a bug with resetting world state so there's no manual mechanism to say "yes I want to reset these and be able to retake them again now"

the practical end result is, sorry, you're a bit stuck for now. :\

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

RIP

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Don't they reset if you change world difficulty?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Don't they reset if you change world difficulty?

They don’t reset at all under any circumstances right now. When the first manhunt started you were able to reset the specific CPs involved with the manhunt by changing difficulty but they disabled that because resetting difficulty was also resetting progress if you had already finished the manhunt.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

and this is why I'm glad a buddy of mine has invited me to his world state for a whole bunch of Heroic control points, and I'll return the favor as soon as he runs out :v:

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
These godamn NPC fuckers just watch you die https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEHQxNpc_wM

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

ZombyDog posted:

I have two builds that I primary for Solo Heroic and I have two different Skill builds that I use for Solo Challenging ( and depending on group composition I'll vacillate between the two skill builds and my True Patriot Build ).

1st. SharpShooter.
All Offensive Bakers Dozen Perfect Glass Cannon Vigilance build. It's the tits for everything Solo Heroic but played out, boring and if your Heroic 4 mans are all rocking the same build you're all going to eat poo poo and get wasted when multiple tanks rain on your parade. If this build gets nerfed I'll shed a tear for my League runs but that's about it.

2nd. Gunner.
Merica, gently caress yeah. 4 piece True Patriot, Contractors Gloves and Foxes Prayer. All of my TP parts are rolled Armour + Crit, my Contractors Gloves and Foxes Prayer are rolled for Weapon Damage + Crit Damage. Not Optimal for DPS but I can take a hit, I'm rocking Banshee for a little bit of CC and the revive Hive. I just can't put my Sleipner away ( I've tried a Fast Hands MG5 but it's just not as satisfactory as having the Perfect Frenzy Proc. It's all about sharing the love and making sure everything is marked, then burning down Tanks with Frenzy. Is durable enough and damaging enough that while not optimal I can run solo heroic missions albeit a bit slower than the Rifle build and I can be quite aggressive in groups ( 3x +11% Protection from Elites gear mods is probably the reason why I can dare to be stupid ).

3rd. Demolitionist.
Skill Build, all about the Clusters. So this build is basically about minimal cooldowns for the Cluster Seekers and uses the Sniper Turret to proc Skilled and Tech Support. 6 Skill tiers, everything is max Skill Damage followed by Skill Haste, 3 China Light, couple Hana-U and a Wyvern Gear. In Challenging solo the Turret will 1 shot Reds & Purples and two shot Tanks, named bosses are a bit trickier. Your gun doesn't really matter but I'm rolling a P416 with Spike. I tried The Surge but in this case the AR just feels better. Works just fine in groups, but Solo Heroic is just way too much of a pain in the arse. I have issues hitting Heroic AI with the Sniper Turret and they either roll away from or shoot my Clusters. I haven't tried this current build with Heroic group activities but I wager the health scaling would render it impotent.

4th. Firewall.
Skill Build, all about the Status effects yeah. 3 Piece Wyvern, 2 Piece Hana-U, 1 piece Golan that's been rerolled to Skill tier. Talents are Skilled and Creeping Death. I'm rocking Blinder Firefly with enough status effect duration that I can almost perma blind everyone and I'm using the Firestarter Chem Launcher to set things on fire. I tried using an AR with Ignited, Eyeless and Perpetuation but I'm more satisfied with my AR with Spike, lets face it, no matter the gun it's doing bugger all damage. Solo's Challenging ok, brings Crowd Control to Heroic Groups and faceplants Heroic Solo. A couple of major weaknesses become apparent when running Solo Heroic - Every NPC will dive out of your gas cloud before you can double tap it and you are impotent when it comes to dealing with deployed skills, turrets and loving doggos.

Skill builds are more interesting to me but I just can't make them work in solo Heroic. You're way to squishy, your damage is anemic and who the gently caress wants to give up a fun skill to replace it with a Revive Hive? Not Me. But while they suck at Solo Heroic they aren't a struggle in Challenging, the lower enemy health pool makes you a lot killier and you can take a few more hits before you need to heal up
consider EMP jammer against black tusk. I'm running jammer+firestarter and it can perma disrupt black tusk, killing all minitanks and warhounds before they even move and disabling all enemies. I run EMP for all encounters and switch to blinder Firefly when tanks pop up.

But yeah, compared to a tank build or full on m1a dps build, skills mostly struggle solo. If there was a way to quick switch skills mid combat it would be perfect, but right now you just can't have all the tools to handle everything.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

ZombyDog posted:

2nd. Gunner.
Merica, gently caress yeah. 4 piece True Patriot, Contractors Gloves and Foxes Prayer. All of my TP parts are rolled Armour + Crit, my Contractors Gloves and Foxes Prayer are rolled for Weapon Damage + Crit Damage. Not Optimal for DPS but I can take a hit, I'm rocking Banshee for a little bit of CC and the revive Hive. I just can't put my Sleipner away ( I've tried a Fast Hands MG5 but it's just not as satisfactory as having the Perfect Frenzy Proc. It's all about sharing the love and making sure everything is marked, then burning down Tanks with Frenzy. Is durable enough and damaging enough that while not optimal I can run solo heroic missions albeit a bit slower than the Rifle build and I can be quite aggressive in groups ( 3x +11% Protection from Elites gear mods is probably the reason why I can dare to be stupid ).

Just want to say thanks for this one, True Patriot never clicked for me but this is great. I swapped weapons though, I roll Pestilence and Baker's Dozen. I love that the Pestilence DOT triggers the heal, and it works really well for sustain as you heal while you reload or do w/e else. Baker's Dozen is for longer range enemies or just popping heads if you run out of bullets on the LMG. It's also fun with Banshee to initiate - stun a group, stack the DOT on the heaviest target and burn him down, then it'll eat through all his little peons while you chill.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

nerdz posted:

consider EMP jammer against black tusk. I'm running jammer+firestarter and it can perma disrupt black tusk, killing all minitanks and warhounds before they even move and disabling all enemies. I run EMP for all encounters and switch to blinder Firefly when tanks pop up.

But yeah, compared to a tank build or full on m1a dps build, skills mostly struggle solo. If there was a way to quick switch skills mid combat it would be perfect, but right now you just can't have all the tools to handle everything.

I think electronic builds should get one more active skill slot if they reach skill rank 5 or 6.

I liked my skill build in groups but soloing was too hard.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 23, 2020

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I dunno if it's just me but Black Tusk seem like 500% harder than any of the other factions to deal with

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

It's definitely not just you. Black Tusk are harder than any other faction by a significant margin. You can shut them down with EMP pulse but it requires getting in close.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Black tusk robots are just... too loving much.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Black tusk robots are just... too loving much.

Did they nerf the war dog thing where it splats your skill proxies when it dies? It seems like it still does sometimes but not always.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

The Boston Dynamics Bad Dogs are scary but the suicide drones have killed me more by knocking me out of cover at bad times. In theory the drones aren't hard to shoot down but I suck and don't always shoot them down before they get in explosion range.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

BattleMaster posted:

The Boston Dynamics Bad Dogs are scary but the suicide drones have killed me more by knocking me out of cover at bad times. In theory the drones aren't hard to shoot down but I suck and don't always shoot them down before they get in explosion range.

I love the drones, they keep my multi missile launcher fed with specialization ammo.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Did they nerf the war dog thing where it splats your skill proxies when it dies? It seems like it still does sometimes but not always.

The basic sniper ones still do EMP upon death, but the range got reduced heavily. The new dogs have different effects; the grenade one does a shock attack and the minigun one does a bleed effect.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I've noticed that while the emp death rnge against us is significantly reduced(loving finally), the default range still seems to be affecting BT dudes.
I've popped dogs and notice the entire arena get affected, while I'm not.
Definitely not complaining, but it is interesting

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

BattleMaster posted:

Whenever I play multiplayer they just keep pumping out drones. They're much more manageable solo.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

BattleMaster posted:

I like exploding the drones so they take out their operator and anyone near. Probably doesn't work on Heroic difficulties though.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Wamdoodle posted:

I like exploding the drones so they take out their operator and anyone near. Probably doesn't work on Heroic difficulties though.

Nah even on solo scaled Heroic the operators will survive their drone explosions if they are purple or elite. I think it might still work on reds.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Roman posted:

Seasons are 12 weeks long and the current one started march 10. You can gain a level "every 30 minutes to 1 hour of gameplay with no additional experience modifiers." I assume that's on Normal and not counting difficulty, directives, XP from Projects etc.

Yeah, this checks out for me. I hit level 40 last weekend, have played probably around 15 hours since then, and am level 35 on the track mostly doing random heroic groups and a bunch of solo stuff trying to unlock one of the old specializations and open up the Neptune stuff.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Is it only 'some' people who are having problems with green control points?
I'm looking at DC now and count 17 red ones.
Some are green, but most not.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
You can flip them green and they don't flip back, which is the problem.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

My friend and I have upped the difficulty to Heroic now that we feel we're geared. We did Roosevelt Island for the league pretty easily except for the last section with the boat where we died twice. Each time we respawned right before the boat and were able to complete it. Did the Zoo today on Heroic. Made it all the way to the last boss, wiped during the fight and it started us all the way back at the beginning. Is that normal? Because if so, gently caress that.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I need someone in charge to explain their loving thought process with the drop rate of a yellow D50.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

it's the same as any other pistol iirc

pistols are just low rate, so you're getting into the mean part of RNG. Target farm a pistol zone in a group and someone will probably turn one up.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Psion posted:

it's the same as any other pistol iirc

pistols are just low rate, so you're getting into the mean part of RNG. Target farm a pistol zone in a group and someone will probably turn one up.

I hosed around in a pistol target zone for just over an hour yesterday.
Not even a purple d50.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I'm the idiot who decided they wanted to do the DC content and started at level one to do it. I just hit level 13 by liberating the East Mall and it was a beautiful run. I started by picking up an easy-to-reach SHD cache, then there was a public execution to clear up, then I was right by another cache... One activity just led directly to the next in a really seamless progression until I had the CP resupplied, did my third activity, and helloooo level boss.

I expect I got lucky, but that was a really sweet 90-120 minutes of gameplay. Those True Sons SOBs are sorry I ever came to DC. Please come to San Francisco for Division 3. The old US Mint would be a perfect base of operations, it's cool looking and pretty centrally located.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
They put an enclave on a rickety platform over an antique instead of the intact fortress a block away

You’ll have to think of a much dumber but more iconic location

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
How comes Black Tusk has not won yet when they have all the gear in the world? Legendary Roosevelt has a stage with several copter waves...

https://i.imgur.com/vHN1FgQ.mp4