Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fatkraken posted:

perhaps he'll die

how does 'Roni react to a body full of uppers?

I already got it and got over it and I was taking adderall while I was sick so I could still play video games and I am no longer sick, anyway that's my story thanks for reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

empty whippet box posted:

I already got it and got over it and I was taking adderall while I was sick so I could still play video games and I am no longer sick, anyway that's my story thanks for reading.

grats, look forward to being drafted into the ranks of immune forced labour later this month

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
https://covidtracking.com/us-daily/

The number of positive cases has been doubling every 2-3 days pretty consistently.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
is there anywhere selling n95 masks reliably?

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

AlmightyBob posted:

little less than an hour till the governor of washington gives a press conference. hopefully this means I won't have to go to work tomorrow. old people love getting within an inch of your face to talk to you

Guess I'd better pack up my private office and prepare to work from home.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Philthy posted:

cant stop eating nothing else to do all day

For the past few days I've been gorging on junk food. Can't stop, don't know whats wrong with my brain. I'm offsetting it with solitary six mile a day trail runs tho.

still gonna get fat af.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

The Italians have entered the "not loving around phase".
https://twitter.com/pawelwargan/status/1241774652101443584?s=19

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Redgrendel2001 posted:

The Italians have entered the "not loving around phase".
https://twitter.com/pawelwargan/status/1241774652101443584?s=19

These videos are extremely funny because all the mayors are spot on. People are so goddamn stupid. If only other wouldn't die for their stupidity.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
good news: my apartment neighbor left me a mini bottle of hand sanitizer

bad news: its....pumpkin latte scented

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Mnoba posted:

No

All N95 masks are currently being diverted to medical staff/facilities

Turns out there's like 6 machines worldwide that make the filters for these masks. New machines take 4-5 months to build due to the extreme tolerances required

The company that makes the machines, they are building a 7th machine, but, it's not like we can produce 20% of the world's supply in a week

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Chinatown posted:

It’s like that sometimes

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer

Spinz posted:

Congrats on quitting smoking!!!!
Remember its all in your head after like a couple days--- any physical after that is absolutely tolerable.
I smoked for 30 years, quit cold turkey in October. The only thing I noticed was I was constipated for like 3 months (lol)
And the cravings were super bad with one activity (art in my case)

You can do this :)

Impressed.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Hyzenth1ay posted:

I’m nobody who just shitposts but this helped me today too. I crushed four bottles of wine this weekend and while I’m not hung over per se I feel panicked and awful.

So thanks Spinster.

Thank you for making my day today :swoon:

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

Kase Im Licht posted:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

They have a nice file for Italy with each day's data I could copy and paste into Excel but the US one I I had to do manually. No idea on what they have for data sources on other countries.

Hey I wanted to say thanks for posting this way back!

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

Chinatown posted:

It's like the story of the Russian cosmonaut. In the end you have to fall deeply in love with the scent of pumpkin latte.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Mnoba posted:

https://www.aliexpress.com/ They have no rules about price gouging so prices are a lot higher than they were 6 months ago, and it'll take a month to get anything to you, but they have them for sale and are shipping them out.

Protips:

1. Pay the extra few bucks for the "ePacket" shipping, or it won't get to you for 2 months.

2. If possible, order from 2 or 3 different stores. Sometimes poo poo gets lost in the mail and stuff. Getting a refund is easy, but getting a refund and then starting over means it takes another month to get your stuff.
2a. Buying a couple different models can be helpful. If you buy the exact same model from 3 stores it's possible they are all dropshipping from the same factory or warehouse.

3. In general look for a shop that has been open more than a year and has good reviews.
vs.

If you want a large amount, like over 1000, https://www.alibaba.com/ has better prices. But no free shipping. Since I've never needed 1000 of anything I haven't used them myself.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Anyone got a line on probe covers for Braun ear thermometers? We’re out of them at work and my amazon order is “shipped, arriving from 4/10 to 5/1”. I have a few things I’m gonna try tomorrow but it’s so hard to find those right now.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

for people with old parents, make sure to warn them about online scams. my dad got an e-mail from some random scammy as hell looking site selling masks and sent them $70 (for 20 masks). I'm sure they're either not going to arrive or what will arrive will be useless or dangerous, and now some scumbag in india or whatever has his credit card info.

naem
May 29, 2011

you tube recs are eerily timely today

https://youtu.be/4jJ203Q-lyk

https://youtu.be/0WsuaYh_hkg

https://youtu.be/iWBiERHSEhg

https://youtu.be/saaFuBasPZQ

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Anyone got a line on probe covers for Braun ear thermometers? We’re out of them at work and my amazon order is “shipped, arriving from 4/10 to 5/1”. I have a few things I’m gonna try tomorrow but it’s so hard to find those right now.

Diva cups will work.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

d0s posted:

for people with old parents, make sure to warn them about online scams. my dad got an e-mail from some random scammy as hell looking site selling masks and sent them $70 (for 20 masks). I'm sure they're either not going to arrive or what will arrive will be useless or dangerous, and now some scumbag in india or whatever has his credit card info.

My mom called me laughing saying some dude told her a corona virus vaccine is in the works and for her to "Reserve her spot now" so she can get the virus in the future.

It was $500 dollars to reserve a spot not saying when or how much the actual vaccine would cost. People are falling for it through through robocalling.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Hello I'd like a 69 drug please.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
So why is Covid-19 so much more infectious than SARS/Swine Flu, etc? I know it's not that we had our poo poo together as a world with the past few outbreaks.

Why is this one a worldwide pandemic when the others weren't as bad? Just bad luck with how the virus mutated to be especially easy to spread?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ginette Reno posted:

So why is Covid-19 so much more infectious than SARS/Swine Flu, etc? I know it's not that we had our poo poo together as a world with the past few outbreaks.

Why is this one a worldwide pandemic when the others weren't as bad? Just bad luck with how the virus mutated to be especially easy to spread?

its likely asymptomatic carriers spreading it around without realizing they are sick

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ginette Reno posted:

A big part of it is that you can catch it and you probably wont show any symptoms until 5 days later, sometimes up to 2 weeks later. And for much of the asymptomatic part, you are able to infect other people, so its easy for you to spread because you dont "feel" sick

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

Huge viral loads

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

I caught it, and lemme tell ya, its bad, real bad, worse then flu, even worse then swine flu.

If you get anything above mild you have no energy, you won't eat anything solid, you won't poop, you won't sleep properly, you cough so much you run your throat ragged because your lungs are turning to liquid. Your temperature rubber bands from blazing hot fever to teeth chattering chills and no amount of external regulation seems to matter. I had blue lips after a 20 minute boiling hot shower.

Paracetamol is the only thing that alleviated the symptoms.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Rutibex posted:

its likely asymptomatic carriers spreading it around without realizing they are sick

It's this. Lots of people are corvid carriers but don't show symptoms. They infect people and you end up with people that test positive with the virus but never left the country or met anyone who had in the last two weeks before they fell ill.
They never show symptoms either.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

KakerMix posted:

It's this. Lots of people are corvid carriers but don't show symptoms. They infect people and you end up with people that test positive with the virus but never left the country or met anyone who had in the last two weeks before they fell ill.
They never show symptoms either.

And aren't there people who get it and just absolutely never get sick? They're just weird sleeper cell coronavirus folks.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Your Moms Ahegao posted:

I caught it, and lemme tell ya, its bad, real bad, worse then flu, even worse then swine flu.

If you get anything above mild you have no energy, you won't eat anything solid, you won't poop, you won't sleep properly, you cough so much you run your throat ragged because your lungs are turning to liquid. Your temperature rubber bands from blazing hot fever to teeth chattering chills and no amount of external regulation seems to matter. I had blue lips after a 20 minute boiling hot shower.

Paracetamol is the only thing that alleviated the symptoms.

Jfc dude, you ok now?

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

And aren't there people who get it and just absolutely never get sick? They're just weird sleeper cell coronavirus folks.

If I'm not mistaken it generally takes a while to show symptoms and you're infectious during that time.

Also, 20% (?) of people never have significant symptoms but are still infectious.

cstang
Oct 27, 2005

Da Bears
Steve from Agenda free tv has lost it. https://twitter.com/MisterAntiBully/status/1242244031033356289?s=09

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Who the gently caress is that

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

:nice:

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

I should mention that I am young, have no health issues, cook my own food, only drink water, don't smoke, exercise and walk a few miles most days, So its not that the young and healthy get "lesser" symptoms, they are just unlikely to straight up die from them.

Burt Sexual posted:

Jfc dude, you ok now?

haha no, its like day 5

Kharohz
Jul 25, 2007

THE BELL TOLLS FOR THEE

Your Moms Ahegao posted:

I read this as Trump was speaking it. I feel bad now :(

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

i mean hes not wrong

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

I decided to do a movie catch up session during my Swine flu isolation and that was a huge mistake because I started to get delirium right after watching Schindlers List for the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

bad trip man