Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

PSA for anyone needing to apply for centrelink:

If you have a CRN from previously: after you link it to your mygov you can do your application and there's a proof of identity waiver in place at the moment that can be recorded, normally you had to have your ID physically sighted. at some stage in the future you'll have to go in and show it this just gives you a temporary exemption.

If you have never had a CRN: you can get one made over the phone and again the proof of identity waiver. Call at 8am local time or don't bother imo, it's gonna be long rear end waits guaranteed and unless something has changed recently making brand new CRN's needs to go through specific channels so don't be surprised if you get transferred.

Don't go into an office if you can avoid it at all from this week on even though the computer systems are gonna be slammed for sure so just keep trying especially off peak hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Looks like there was a misinterpretation on IT's end for this WFH gear, basically all management got asked to prioritise distribution to staff for those who can and can't work from home

Long story short, me and the other two engineers I work with were top of the list in our department yet somehow one of the people who doesn't actually need one immediately got his (he was bottom of the list lmao)

So for the time being we've been given our own offices with the couple of offices that are unoccupied at present so I got a 3x4m office all to myself

The desk has all sorts of wild poo poo like spinal anaesthesia needles and syringes on it from whoever had it prior. They're all packaged and boxed but still lol

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I dont understand how centrelinks gonna pay all these people. Its normally like 8-12 weeks of loving around before you actually start getting paid. Theyll all starve before then

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Isaac posted:

I dont understand how centrelinks gonna pay all these people. Its normally like 8-12 weeks of loving around before you actually start getting paid. Theyll all starve before then

Turns out the system before this was made to be as cruel as possible on purpose

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
That soccer player saying "the squares did this" macro

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Adapting the national torture scheme to also be the national assistance scheme

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I think my dad has been trying to put my nan in a home before all this blew up bc I called her up to see how she was doing and we just talked about how her son is a dickhead for like, 20 minutes which I don't think we've ever done before

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 24, 2020

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I don’t like it when government programmes are named as ‘schemes’ bc it automatically makes me think it’s some poo poo cooked up by a junkie to make money conning people but politicians probably don’t boot or freebase drugs

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!

Lolie posted:

I love how they're not even getting in professional cleaners.

This is on top of the regular cleaning in the morning and afternoon. We’re invited to wipe down tables before each class.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I kind of assumed lollie meant professional cleaning products but rereading it I’m not sure

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I kind of assumed lollie meant professional cleaning products but rereading it I’m not sure

Nah, I meant people who get paid to come in and steam clean the gently caress out of everything.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

They could just invest in medical ozone generators, one per school. They run for about 60k, but in a room that size you could run it for an hour and the entire room would be sterile.

You could have someone who runs them after hours too, you'd knock out a half dozen rooms in a day

But therein lies the problem I guess when the school is way more rooms and also ozone is crazy bad for poo poo like steel and aluminium lol

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Also our potential case has come back negative so that's P good. He was just sick with a cold

Still waiting for the WFH gear, it was asked to also give me access to Solidworks and our PDM vault and only the vault is done so far, hoping they get it done soon so I can get it all set up here rather than remotely

Elrond Hubbard
Mar 30, 2007

To ERH
*everyone applauds*

femcastra posted:

This is on top of the regular cleaning in the morning and afternoon. We’re invited to wipe down tables before each class.

I have been given three 'Freshening Wet Towelettes' with which to disinfect myself and any students I come into contact with.

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Biggest thing to happen since bodyline if you ask me.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Elrond Hubbard posted:

I have been given three 'Freshening Wet Towelettes' with which to disinfect myself and any students I come into contact with.

Did someone take them from KFC?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Ive got my garden plan, once school holidays get extended I'm claiming public space

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Jestery posted:

Ive got my garden plan, once school holidays get extended I'm claiming public space

3 sisters works well but imvho let the beans and corn take root first and establish, then add the squash later. I did a pot grow of 3 sisters and the squash overtook the rest super fast to the point that the other two couldn't get sun because of how big and fast the squash grew. I used spaghetti squash

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

are you on the same "eat nasturtium leaves in every fuckin meal somehow" kick as mrs turnbeug or you just like em an an ornamental?

They taste pretty good tbh I've just spend so long appreciating their nice big foliage like it was an ornamental and now we're just ripping into em on the daily

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
jism on a triple word :coolfish:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

are you on the same "eat nasturtium leaves in every fuckin meal somehow" kick as mrs turnbeug or you just like em an an ornamental?

They taste pretty good tbh I've just spend so long appreciating their nice big foliage like it was an ornamental and now we're just ripping into em on the daily

Flowers are there to attract bees and provide a pepper substitute

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Severing
Aug 26, 2017

femcastra posted:

Principal has emailed parents to say a family has disclosed a case of Coronavirus but as it hasn’t been verified, we are still open.

This just got delivered to my classroom.

My kids school principal just sent home an email saying they are taking cleaning and hygiene seriously. Given their ability to provide soap in toilets, I'm inclined to believe this is about the extent of it at our school too.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

well done NSW

There have since been 107 confirmed COVID-19 cases in NSW from the ship and a further 26 interstate.

P sure this is the exact same ship that was let out un-quarantined.

I hope there's a lot more deaths from it to really drive home how loving inept/uneducated our government actually is in NSW

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

McSpergin posted:

well done NSW

There have since been 107 confirmed COVID-19 cases in NSW from the ship and a further 26 interstate.

P sure this is the exact same ship that was let out un-quarantined.

I hope there's a lot more deaths from it to really drive home how loving inept/uneducated our government actually is in NSW

What's even more worrying is that some of the passengers had been tested and returned a negative result, which raises the question of how common false negatives are.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Very common if you use Chinese tests

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Entire company now in mandatory work from home mode nationally.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Imagine dying because of something called the Ruby Princess.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Are all cruise ships disguised ghost ships? like, someone has died on each and every cruise ship, right?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
The kebab shop is still operating my life is basically unchanged

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Isaac posted:

The kebab shop is still operating my life is basically unchanged

Fucken hell I miss kebabs.

Unrelated but fyi tequila and cab sav with a drop of bitters isn't great.

Actually very related.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

ð’» 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®ð’ ð’¾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

tardwrangler posted:

Goaters?

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Goatees

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

tardwrangler posted:

gently caress me imagine being the oval office that played "vest" onto that without an extra s on his rack and then seeing that done to it

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

well why not posted:

Are all cruise ships disguised ghost ships? like, someone has died on each and every cruise ship, right?

Plague ships actually.

Stay safe folks.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

gently caress me imagine being the oval office that played "vest" onto that without an extra s on his rack and then seeing that done to it

If you're referring to my wife, yes, serves her right

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Don't triple and double word scores only count for the original placing?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

tardwrangler posted:

If you're referring to my wife, yes, serves her right

If she played the second s herself she deserves it. if she left it open she should divorce you immediately

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Jestery posted:

Don't triple and double word scores only count for the original placing?

The m is on the triple word score not the s if I remember the scrabble board correctly. I also kind of assumed he played the s from his rack to get it bc that is 100% the biggest oval office move in the game

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Mar 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
“I’ve heard some teachers might strike, but you wouldn’t do that, would you miss?”

Fucken lol.