Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

TurnipFritter posted:

For people who Know Things: Do you ever unlock an easy way of sharing your custom designs with the internet, like generating a QR code, or is it limited to "take screenshots of the patterns in the designer mode and post them to twitter"?

Exporting codes takes a while to unlock but you can import codes immediately - you need to enable Nook Connect by pressing - on the main menu of AC, and you'll need the Nintendo Switch Online phone app to read the codes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:

Solemn Secularity posted:

Coming from New Leaf, I gotta say I really appreciate how weird the villagers are. I have this chicken who was aggressively dusting everything and avoiding eye contact when I visited her house

They're practicing social distancing because of that dang coronavirus.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Edit; damnit

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Is there a way to bring in a easel pattern that you uploaded via QR code through the Switch App from the AC patterns website and put that on a hoodie? If I wear the pattern I uploaded it's basically just a sleeveless t-shirt. Or do I have to hand draw the pattern onto the hoodie using the Pro Pattern Tool?

I meant to say: It's this that I'm wanting on a hoodie.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Switch just got a black screen error code that scared me for a moment. That is one HOT Switch. I don't know if Nintendo planned for this little thing to be used this hard

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/megarock_yt/status/1241857450015199233?s=21

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

flatluigi posted:

you can do it in the able sisters shop

pray for my aunt posted:

Exporting codes takes a while to unlock but you can import codes immediately - you need to enable Nook Connect by pressing - on the main menu of AC, and you'll need the Nintendo Switch Online phone app to read the codes.

Ok thanks! I knew about importing, so I figured there was probably going to be a way to export.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Anyone have doubles of fossils? 3/4 of mine today were already doubles.

-Acanthostega
-Amber
-Myllokunmingia

thewizardofshoe
Feb 24, 2013

Yeah I got an extra iguanadon tail already.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I've gotten a second Juramaia (rat friend) and something else's tail. All doubles go to the SO's island though.

Also I just found out you can order stuff from the catalogue and send it straight as a present to a friend. That's amazing. This game continues to impress in every way.

Except the slowness of swarmed islands but I don't think they had that kind of thing in mind.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Anyone else get tarantula island on the random island finder?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Big Pro Tip to anyone who hosts a Turnip Fiesta and wants to maximise flow:

Have people come in batches. Discord is going to be best for this obviously. Batch of people come in ---> Everyone agrees to stay until all have sold. Host ends session once all nips solds, everyone leaves at same time. Re-open the gates.

The problem with opening floodgates is it just slows it down for everyone and you get fewer people through.

2 mins for each arrival, x minutes to get to store and sell, then 2 mins for each exit. But if you're getting constant in and out, those 2 mins just compound over and over, and then it's double for leavers since everyone else also has to just wait for that stuff. It also makes the actual actions slower since you only get to move every few minutes by only a few steps!!!

Their system for this is just nuts!! It's definitely not designed around this kind of in-n-out action, but even so, I don't remember turnip rushes in past AC games being quote such a crazy deal for coming and going. IIRC you basically always were free to move right up until they walked through the gates or train or w/e? Was there even a cutscene, man i really cant remember

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Color Printer posted:

Thank you Khanstant for letting me make a sweet profit off my turnips. Also, that was an absolutely miserable experience, thank you Nintendo.

Exactly my feelings. Really hope they can make that better.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm commander shepard and this is my favorite gnome on the island

tomorrow i'm getting glasses and some black shoes and then the outfit i wear in real life will be complete

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I have taken a look at furniture customization and it's pretty neat! Here's what I've learned:

A lot of the things you can craft can be customized. If the recipe has a paintbrush icon in the top-left corner, it can be customized. (Annoyingly, the "New!" icon covers it up) Furniture you purchase or find can't always be customized....but that's not to say they don't have variations.

If you watched a bunch of streams and videos of the opening of the game around and prior to release, you may have noticed that the starting camping cots looked different sometimes. And the portable radio. And maybe even the lantern! Turns out a lot of furniture have different color/style variations, and I assume whenever the game generates a piece of furniture it picks one at random. Maybe it has some default and occasionally picks something different. Maybe they all have an equal chance. I don't know. Either way, these variations, after you pick one up, actually can be chosen separately whenever you order it from the catalog......but you can't use DIY customization to change into the other.

Example: I have a plain cardboard box, but also a labeled one. I can't customize the plain into a labeled. However, any customized furniture I make from the cardboard box can be customized into labeled. (If I make something out of labeled cardboard boxes, it defaults to plain but I can customize it into labeled from there.)

Some furniture you buy can be customized. Outdoor tables, for example. You can even put a custom pattern on there. Same goes for the ironing set, which actually changes the pattern of the little piece of fabric next to the iron. A neat touch, especially when you use a custom pattern. Using a custom pattern in customization prevents you from dropping the item on the ground, probably so you don't try to give it to someone who doesn't have the pattern in question. The leaf icon in the inventory is a paler green to signify this.

If the furniture item has a color/style name in the bottom-left hand corner when you look at it in the Nook Shopping catalog, it either has variations and/or can be customized. Unfortunately, the catalog does not directly tell you if things can be customized. No handy paintbrush icon there. Also, sometimes DIY customized furniture won't have variations show up in the catalog but that's okay because you can just order it and then do the customization again.

When you get a duplicate furniture item, you should at least plop it out on the ground and look at it to see if it's different. Who knows, you might like it better than what you already have! I sold a duplicate menu chalkboard without looking at it, then discovered it was different when I looked in my catalog later. Black menu chalkboards are coffee-shop themed, but blue menu chalkboards have a fish icon on them, like they're from a fish market! Wild.

Lastly: you can customize the Nintendo Switch item to change the Joy-Cons to gray.......but that's it. Neon red/blue or gray, that's all you get.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Color Printer posted:

Lastly: you can customize the Nintendo Switch item to change the Joy-Cons to gray.......but that's it. Neon red/blue or gray, that's all you get.

just get the animal crossing switch from tom nook's shop then

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Out of 15-ish total island trips, I ran into loving Sherb the goat three times. Ended up just settling for three villagers I don't hate (Wendy, Doc, some bird I hadn't seen before whose name I've already forgotten) instead of any I actively like. Sigh.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Color Printer posted:

They totally missed an opportunity here. The Switch knows what colour your joycons are, when I pop in my neon yellow ones it changes the graphic on screen. Shoulda made em match whatever ones you were using.

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

From talking to characters on the ticket islands, I'm now worried half my villagers will be dudes obsessed with bodybuilding and the other half will be aspiring pop stars.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
I love hanging with goons but gently caress is traveling a pain. Is this something that could be patched? Or is this a Nintendo feature I should get used to?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Holy poo poo, I'm pretty sure bugs in the museum actually have varying activity levels depending on the time of day. When I did my initial run through this morning, the tarantula was hiding behind its logs and the moth was just hanging on the wall. Now they're both on the move, but the butterfly room is completely still except for one stubborn emperor. Game good.

Not sure if this applies to the fish, too.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Bob A Feet posted:

I love hanging with goons but gently caress is traveling a pain. Is this something that could be patched? Or is this a Nintendo feature I should get used to?

they could possibly make the individual loads in between better but i highly doubt they'll rework the whole infrastructure of having to pause to allow people in

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Kerrzhe posted:

i'm commander shepard and this is my favorite gnome on the island

tomorrow i'm getting glasses and some black shoes and then the outfit i wear in real life will be complete

That looks great! I might have to take a crack at it. Or wait for you to post it after you get the code!

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

What happens if you go back in time? Last night I set my system time a day ahead so it thinks it's the 24th, but I'd like to go back to real time.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Also, are the random islands always supposed to have people on them? My first two had a villager, my second two haven't. And I finished the first three houses and the third one has already been bought by some dude I've never met.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Scholtz posted:

Anyone have doubles of fossils? 3/4 of mine today were already doubles.

-Acanthostega
-Amber
-Myllokunmingia

I picked up 5 fossils today, only 1 was unique

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Picked up this game because I needed something wholesome and chill in my life. Haven't played an AC game since the original but I'm already quite enjoying this for just being able to do whatever the hell I feel like.

Are there ever new hairstyles or like new facial options and stuff? Would be cool if I could eventually end up actually looking similar to my real life self but no bald option and no facial hair at the start.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Phenotype posted:

What happens if you go back in time? Last night I set my system time a day ahead so it thinks it's the 24th, but I'd like to go back to real time.

Your turnips will go bad

That's about it.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Phenotype posted:

Also, are the random islands always supposed to have people on them? My first two had a villager, my second two haven't. And I finished the first three houses and the third one has already been bought by some dude I've never met.

Once your current house plots are sold the animals stop showing up. I don't know if they show up when you're building more houses because I'm not that far yet.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Is the island you are sent to completely random or is there a pattern? Cause I just got sent to trash island (the one where you only fish tin cans, tires and boots) twice in a row. Way to waste 4k miles QQ

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
what exactly is the deal with turnips

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

indigi posted:

what exactly is the deal with turnips

Buy low, sell high, every Sunday. They die by the next Sunday and everyone's sell price changes twice a day (once when the day shifts and again at noon). Find a high price from a goon, go over to their place, wait through 30 minutes of arrival screens, sell your turnips for huge profit.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Stonks

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
I kinda wish there's a place with spoiler-light / spoiler-free tips so I can figure out things like how to move things around in my pockets (didn't figure that out until yesterday!) without seeing how far other people are in already. Just wanna take it easy and Animal Crossing through the year, you know? :shobon:

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I’m really enjoying this game but the same track looping over and over is driving me batty. I know I already asked in here and was told I need to upgrade the resident center to start hearing different music. I just started construction on the shop - is it far off? I want to fish and relax but I can’t stand this guitar loop any more. It’s a seriously baffling design decision.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

dantheman650 posted:

I’m really enjoying this game but the same track looping over and over is driving me batty. I know I already asked in here and was told I need to upgrade the resident center to start hearing different music. I just started construction on the shop - is it far off? I want to fish and relax but I can’t stand this guitar loop any more. It’s a seriously baffling design decision.

you have like about 5-7 days to unlock it lol

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Futaba Anzu posted:

you have like about 5-7 days to unlock it lol

How in the world has anyone else done it then? This game has only been out four days and I’ve played every day!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

dantheman650 posted:

yeah i am loving the hell out of this game but the hourly music should have started like, day 2.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

dantheman650 posted:

How in the world has anyone else done it then? This game has only been out four days and I’ve played every day!

one of two ways:
- people have heard from reviewers and other people who obtained early copies of the game
- people are skipping their system clocks forward whenever they exhaust content for the day in apparent hopes of being done with the game by the end of the month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I see. I’m super digging the slow release of new stuff. I’d be happy with a slow trickle over the next few months. But the music is killing me.