Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I make around $90k a year but I also pay $1300 a month in student loans and that's being on the Income Based Repayment Plan. I deserve my fate for going to law school but sometimes I like to think about an alternate universe where I made better choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I make around $90k a year but I also pay $1300 a month in student loans and that's being on the Income Based Repayment Plan. I deserve my fate for going to law school but sometimes I like to think about an alternate universe where I made better choices.

Same, friend. Same.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Defenestrategy posted:

I285 in Atlanta has had no traffic at all. If you've ever lived or been down here, that should be kind of spooky.

That is loving eerie

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

pmchem posted:

well you can buy a short-term treasury or put it in a bank account and get free interest on it?

That's not really stimulating the economy then, is it?

Just give everyone the money, then it'll get spent. Just giving out a loan that people are going to sit on till they have to pay it back doesn't do much for anything.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

SimonCat posted:

That's not really stimulating the economy then, is it?

Just give everyone the money, then it'll get spent. Just giving out a loan that people are going to sit on till they have to pay it back doesn't do much for anything.

hey hey hey, I wasn't answering whether it was a good idea, I was answering a different question

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1242245135129346050

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That thing you do where laughter turns into crying or maybe it's the other way around

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Defenestrategy posted:

I285 in Atlanta has had no traffic at all. If you've ever lived or been down here, that should be kind of spooky.

Wow, yeah. I was in Atlanta on a particular Tuesday in 2001 and being the only car on 85 South coming by Georgia Tech while the overhead signs said STATE OF EMERGENCY was pretty eerie.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

pmchem posted:

hey hey hey, I wasn't answering whether it was a good idea, I was answering a different question

Sorry, dude.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

That scene from Battleship where all the old vets show up to man the Iowa except it's boomers dying of COVID while working at the grocery store so their grandkids will have a healthy stock profile

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

loving ghouls. Holy poo poo.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Internet Wizard posted:

That scene from Battleship where all the old vets show up to man the Iowa except it's boomers dying of COVID while working at the grocery store so their grandkids will have a healthy stock profile

:vince:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Trump did it, the nation can finally get to work on Infrastructure Week now that no one is using it

https://twitter.com/seattletimes/status/1242225649428901888?s=19

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

That thing you do where laughter turns into crying or maybe it's the other way around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi96ucB7ZdI

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Eej posted:

Trump did it, the nation can finally get to work on Infrastructure Week now that no one is using it

I don't believe it.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/AndrewCesare/status/1242174265547468803?s=20

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Probably better people than Bolsonaro too. Speaking of shitwits, what's Duterte been doing

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Title? I dont need no stinkin' Title
My wife and kids are in Manila right now and Duterte has locked the city/businesses down except for identified critical services (food, medicine etc), imposed a curfew from 8pm to 5am and stopped/restricted flights within the country as well as stopping or restricting foreigners from entry and flights from certain countries. Not bad if people actually follow the rules, which they seem to be for the most part as of right now, but it will be interesting to see how things go as the situation worsens.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Man I'm on an Army Corps project, which inspires no faith at all in me of their ability to put together some hospitals with any speed.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
When I was making 75k a year my take home was around 4200 a month between taxes, 401k, and my extremely good and comparatively cheap health insurance. I had ~600 dollars in student loans and my rent + phone + utilities was around 2500.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

This is good

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/heal...es-for-lockdown

Six month break on mortgages

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
It's almost like this is all a stupid game we could hit pause or stop at any time yet choose not to...

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1242202291718979587

Gee, I wonder why your followers would single out Asian Americans and blame them for this.

:thunk:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That'll get deleted as soon as he sees it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Godholio posted:

That'll get deleted as soon as he sees it.

I was about to say it was a shockingly moral and coherent tweet

e:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Gee, I wonder why your followers would single out Asian Americans and blame them for this.

Although this too

e2: Asian Americans skew republican? Maybe someone told him it'd jeopardize their votes they keep getting harassed by hee haws and chuds

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Mar 24, 2020

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXchwxivCME

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Milo and POTUS posted:

e2: Asian Americans skew republican? Maybe someone told him it'd jeopardize their votes they keep getting harassed by hee haws and chuds

Depends on what you mean. I'm reasonably sure that Asian-Americans skew more Democrat than the US population as a whole, but less than African-Americans.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Milo and POTUS posted:

I was about to say it was a shockingly moral and coherent tweet

e:

Although this too

Depends on the community, I'd imagine. IIRC the cooking show Ugly Delicious on Netflix has a lot of political content. They interviewed some Vietnamese immigrants in Houston in one episode and the host was a little shocked with the views he encountered. It matched some of my experience growing up in California in a city with a large Hmong community. A lot of those families are extremely FYGM for various reasons, which seems to favor republican policy on immigration.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

egyptian rat race posted:

Depends on the community, I'd imagine. IIRC the cooking show Ugly Delicious on Netflix has a lot of political content. They interviewed some Vietnamese immigrants in Houston in one episode and the host was a little shocked with the views he encountered. It matched some of my experience growing up in California in a city with a large Hmong community. A lot of those families are extremely FYGM for various reasons, which seems to favor republican policy on immigration.

case in point and closer to home. my rear end in a top hat grandpa only got a greencard because he married a citizen after 4 attempts to cross. He's the poster child for literally bringing up the ladder from the less fortunate.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

egyptian rat race posted:

The losers of the Vietnam conflict skew Republican for the same reason Cuban refugees do.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1242357962775113730

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
On the congressional side, poo poo is looking a fuckton better.

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1242446065871343616?s=19

The slush fund (which is needed) now has actual oversight, instead of the bullshit Manchin decides everything / Trump's "I'm the oversight!" path.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
e; nm not loving worth it, leaving this here instead:

https://twitter.com/Libra__Moon/status/1241469156073103363

I know someone who works for a Food Lion, they've confirmed this. Store managers are also trying to keep it quiet so they don't get hit like Kroger was. Do those workers a favor and make it loud.

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Mar 24, 2020

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
lol you guys are gonna be back to work monday maybe

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1242455267603877894

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Number go up, but not the one he wanted!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nah, the most he can do is try to tell OPM to make all the feds go back to work (and I'm willing to bet at most they do "limited telework", which means, telework if you can't make it in for whatever reason). NY, WA, CA, MD, etc. aren't going to remove any lockdowns because President Smoothbrain yells that they should so stonk number can go up.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Trump is just mad he can't literally invade California.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Jeez I wonder why

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/1242227062028582915?s=19

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Hot Karl Marx posted:

lol you guys are gonna be back to work monday maybe

The DoD just did a public presser where they were all like "lol no, hope you like telework for weeks/months", India just went on lockdown for three weeks (lol good luck), and Liz loving Cheney is actively going against Donnie on Twitter.

Donnie's just mad about the hotels, per the above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

But GBS says everything is fine