Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Overture posted:

How friendly are the discord and this post for brand new players? I have started playing LoL because it's the end of the world, so why not (I swore I would never play this game). I'm unfortunately having fun but really feel like it would be better playing with goons/friends, not randoms. So far I'm just playing vs AI and practicing different champs (mostly ADC and Mid), trying to understand the macro, etc. I've hit level 11 and I'm getting tired of playing against AI with people who don't even understand basic roles.

What now?

I think people in here and discord are pretty friendly to new players. Like Hellioning said the caveat to joining in a game with goons that have been playing for years and years is you're likely going to get your rear end kicked a lot as there's a ton of information to digest and the MMR disparity will probably be noticeable. I think offhand there's at least two or three pretty new-ish players in the discord if you play on NA, but couldn't tell you if you're EU or elsewhere. If you got questions you can ask here or on discord; people are more than willing to answer or offer some advice.

Unrelated, it looks like it's happened finally:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFDOPCIFemg

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Mar 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Overture posted:

How friendly are the discord and this post for brand new players? I have started playing LoL because it's the end of the world, so why not (I swore I would never play this game). I'm unfortunately having fun but really feel like it would be better playing with goons/friends, not randoms. So far I'm just playing vs AI and practicing different champs (mostly ADC and Mid), trying to understand the macro, etc. I've hit level 11 and I'm getting tired of playing against AI with people who don't even understand basic roles.

What now?

Hi there, I started playing back in early November, and there's a few other people around that experienced-novice level (account level 30-50s). The discord is surprisingly friendly and helpful.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

njsykora posted:

Yeah the only people that really get told to gently caress off around here are the people who complain constantly about their teammates holding them back and will never produce a replay for other people to judge them by.

eh, i dan speak by experience that if you try to get to another metal by doing anything against the diamond goon hive mind they will literally do anything to stop you up to and including going to the rioters / ex rioters connections they have, mass reporting you here / in game to get you banned in either place, etc.

they’re perfectly pleasant if you remain “in your place” tho, sure.....

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

i will call the police on you if you dont buy pink wards, so that checks out

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
I had an ARAM game where my team was Lux, Ahri, Blitz, Morg, and Jinx and it was, I suspect, the most aggressively unfun experience for the other team that aram can really produce.

Anyways, if you're new to league make sure you give ARAM a try because it'll teach you about a bunch of different champions and sometimes you luck into a team where every champion has a hook or a root and you can see the souls of your opponents wither and die in real time.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

a fatguy baldspot posted:

eh, i dan speak by experience that if you try to get to another metal by doing anything against the diamond goon hive mind they will literally do anything to stop you up to and including going to the rioters / ex rioters connections they have, mass reporting you here / in game to get you banned in either place, etc.

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?

Servaetes posted:

At that point, it's about sending a message, which is if you are a Kindred jungler, you are a degenerate on par with Vayne top pickers and must be destroyed with impunity

gently caress Vayne tops. It's very rude to bring an anti-tank to the tank room, it's inconsiderate.

DarkDobe posted:

I have no soul

But I respect you, teemo can now reign in the jungle ruining all rear end-assins lives while having jungle control with his jungle buffs.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

every top laner slam picks jax, tryndamere, garen, or darius depending on their skill level and then whines that its unfair for anyone to counter pick them

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
is there a valorant thread?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Hellioning posted:

Most goons are cool to play with but if you play with higher leveled goons you're gonna get dragged into games with people way above your skill level and you will be useless and probably die a lot. You probably won't have to deal with people yelling at you for failing, though, so at least there's that.

also the best and fastest way to get good at the game!

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

rabidsquid posted:

every top laner slam picks jax, tryndamere, garen, or darius depending on their skill level and then whines that its unfair for anyone to counter pick them

every real top laner has a flow chart of things to say and decisions to make to orchestrate getting last pick every game to avoid this

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

Not yet. I was thinking of making one once we have more details than "it's counter-strike with a few waifu characters for whale bait" and reddit reposting the same dumb questions and fan art over and over, but if you have an idea for an OP go ahead

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Waterfall Watcher posted:

gently caress Vayne tops. It's very rude to bring an anti-tank to the tank room, it's inconsiderate.

its obviously extremely rude to do that but the unironic reason why vayne tops should be summarily executed is because they warp the entire team around their own fetishistic desire to carry. same with lucian

there are lots of abusive anti-Big-Boy top laners that fit the meta more appropriately that dont put a giant glowing "gank me because im a psychopath" sign in the top lane

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFDOPCIFemg
STAR. GUARDIAN. URGOT.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Verviticus posted:

its obviously extremely rude to do that but the unironic reason why vayne tops should be summarily executed is because they warp the entire team around their own fetishistic desire to carry. same with lucian

there are lots of abusive anti-Big-Boy top laners that fit the meta more appropriately that dont put a giant glowing "gank me because im a psychopath" sign in the top lane

the vayne top experience is wishing you had a tank top lane when your vayne is sitting under tower because if she goes past 2 cm forward she gets 100-0d and she is calling for ganks every 15 seconds like clockwork

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

pog boyfriend posted:

the vayne top experience is wishing you had a tank top lane when your vayne is sitting under tower because if she goes past 2 cm forward she gets 100-0d and she is calling for ganks every 15 seconds like clockwork

I got autofilled jungle the other day and had a Vayne top on my team get counterpicked and stomped by a Pantheon. I was honestly okay to sacrifice the win to see her tilt so hard.

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

That's true and this goes for most top lane champs that are especially good in the early game. Adcs can't handle the ganks, it is common knowledge that the adc has the lowest amount of vision in the game, and that is why they are often given abilities to let them see beyond their field of vision such as Ashe and Quinn abilities. This is also why Twisted fate is not a bad abc.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Excuse me, it's Pajama Guardian Cosplay Urgot.

Which means it's Star Guardian Urgot, but not part of that universe.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

this is the dumbest thing i've ever read on this forum, and i read d&d. the goon discord has always been super friendly and helpful. they've always offered me tips and help in improving my position.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I honestly think that was satire tbh

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

It is very specifically Pajama Guardian Cosplay Urgot. In this case I’m pretty sure he’s cosplaying Ezreal. However I hope this skin has chromes for other Star Guardians for Urgot to cosplay.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Lord_Magmar posted:

It is very specifically Pajama Guardian Cosplay Urgot. In this case I’m pretty sure he’s cosplaying Ezreal. However I hope this skin has chromes for other Star Guardians for Urgot to cosplay.

i am strangely aroused

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Kazinsal posted:

Not yet. I was thinking of making one once we have more details than "it's counter-strike with a few waifu characters for whale bait" and reddit reposting the same dumb questions and fan art over and over, but if you have an idea for an OP go ahead

I don't, I just thought this was interesting and wanted to post it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCeDBpLgcwE

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Sexpansion posted:

Methanar begins to rub his hands together, saliva drizzling from the corners of his mouth

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Just remember if you ever have trouble top lane there's two words you can use to instantly make everyone understand what'd going on, and give you a nod of sympathy:

quote:

jungle diff

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Toxic Mental posted:

Methanar begins to rub his hands together, saliva drizzling from the corners of his mouth

The Something Awful Forums > Games > VALORANT - No, Methanar, you can't post in this one either

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

rabidsquid posted:

The key is having a deep champ pool (the two loss sequences were both during promos, of course):

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

gvibes posted:

The key is having a deep champ pool (the two loss sequences were both during promos, of course):

she seems cool, should i buy her and is she as solid to pick into anything as this picture makes her seem

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

Update: There is now. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3918061

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Methanar is already there better :sever: your dreams for forums gold

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

gvibes posted:

this is disgusting

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Mikujin posted:

Methanar is already there better :sever: your dreams for forums gold

shoulda stuck with my original subtitle idea

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

What the gently caress's a LommyMethanar?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

An extremely bad an neurotic poster who was so bad he was banished from these dark lands

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

she seems cool, should i buy her and is she as solid to pick into anything as this picture makes her seem

I think she's the most fun top laner fwiw. She beats the poo poo out of most melee tops, but does lose to like Quinn/Vayne and gets countered kinda badly by Morde ult (she wants to 1v2 but he can just ult her to deny it and take her to death realm where her tentacles don't exist). Trynd is also v annoying because he can just live through her ulti burst.

In general though she's pretty versatile and you can usually just max q into bad matchups and be fine.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Although if you’re gonna be an unstoppable tank monster, I think you’re just better off with Garen.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

when methanar tried to avoid his thread ban by starting a legends of runeterra thread one of the mods told him he's banned from all league threads so probably you should get a mod to chase him out of your valorant thread before it becomes his new blog about himself

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

I picked her up because I had no idea to play into her and she always wrecked me. She is good into tanks/melees. Good into team comps that are generally melee. If you see a mostly ranged lineup, kind of unfun.

I think she is particularly fun because she has legit 1v2 capability, once you hit six, particularly into two melees.

foutre posted:

I think she's the most fun top laner fwiw. She beats the poo poo out of most melee tops, but does lose to like Quinn/Vayne and gets countered kinda badly by Morde ult (she wants to 1v2 but he can just ult her to deny it and take her to death realm where her tentacles don't exist). Trynd is also v annoying because he can just live through her ulti burst.

In general though she's pretty versatile and you can usually just max q into bad matchups and be fine.
Yeah, I ban Morde. Cass is really really bad, but very few play her top. Ranged matchups like quinn/vayne/teemo/kennen are tough.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

lol it's ADTRW Goon Urgot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

foutre posted:

It takes hell of a lot of reaction training in order to play Illoai into Morde consistently since in order to beat him from 6 onwards you need to ult at the split second he ults on reaction. Illoai Ult for the leap ignores disables, Morde ult is a disable but the window from when he ults and the ult is active is about a second so there is a chance.
Illoai into trynd is either beg someone to swap lane or build as anti trynd to survive but not to win.