Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

At least they aren't the biological webshooters from the Raimi movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Can someone link that panel/page of Ms Marvel loving up her shapeshifting and basically ending up with a dopey round cartoon face?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Can someone link that panel/page of Ms Marvel loving up her shapeshifting and basically ending up with a dopey round cartoon face?

I think this is what you're talking about, and it's less loving up and more "uncreative on the fly"

The_Other posted:

I already posted this in the funny panels thread but it also works here. From The Magnificent Ms. Marvel #11, Kamala's new costume (which she got on another planet) has gained sentience and rebelled against her.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That's the one, champion.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hype for Ms Marvel tv show for pretty much the above reasons. She's a dork.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I can't believe I haven't seen that as an av yet.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

How Wonderful! posted:

I can't believe I haven't seen that as an av yet.

I could swear I have, but for the life of me I couldn't begin to name who had it.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

New Adventures of Superboy 39

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Unkempt posted:

That is one giant woman.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Lobok posted:

That is one giant woman.
Or one tiny, adorable giraffe :3:

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

smh at making fun of 'squash' as a double entendre when you have
"Nobody else can gargle a "HRRRUMPH" like you can"
right there.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Unkempt posted:

That giraffe looks pissed off.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #9

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Blue Beetle #2 (1940)

Superman #9 (1941)

Power Man #30 (1976)

Marvel Premiere #50 (1979)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Darthemed posted:

Marvel Premiere #50 (1979)

Alice Cooper?

VVVVVVV Holy poo poo, I didn't think I was actually correct. :monocle:

prefect fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 21, 2020

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Yes indeed.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
Please tell me this comic is available somewhere.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Doesn't seem to be on comiXology. :(

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
It is also conspicuously absent from Marvel Unlimited. Almost certainly a likeness/rights issue.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well yeah, it's Alice Cooper. But I'm sure Disney will buy the rights to his likeness eventually.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Nipponophile posted:

It is also conspicuously absent from Marvel Unlimited. Almost certainly a likeness/rights issue.

How about the 1994 Alice Cooper: The Last Temptation comic that Neil Gaiman did?

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Does this mean Wayne's World is an MCU movie?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

graham cracker posted:

Does this mean Wayne's World is an MCU movie?

I don't know, but Disney really missed a step by not having Richard Belzar cameo as an un named detective in one of the films.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I don't know, but Disney really missed a step by not having Richard Belzar cameo as an un named detective in one of the films.

Aw man, I know it's DC but you just made me realize that Richard Belzar would've been a great J'onn 'Jonzz back in the 90's.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Selachian posted:

How about the 1994 Alice Cooper: The Last Temptation comic that Neil Gaiman did?

Dynamite apparently has the rights to that at the moment (they're the publisher on Comixology, and have published a few original Alice Cooper comics in the past few years).

edit: the Marvel Premiere story is apparently included in one of Dynamite's collections.

FoneBone fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Mar 22, 2020

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Crowetron posted:

Aw man, I know it's DC but you just made me realize that Richard Belzar would've been a great J'onn 'Jonzz back in the 90's.

He'd be a good Question, too

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He'd be a good Question, too

Since he is Fucken lunatic in the Alex jones vein.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The Question should be played by David Hayter. He's got all the experience needed.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Herns Metal Men?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Nanda Parbat, huh?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Skwirl posted:

Richard Belzer is the lynchpin of most of TV falling into the Tommy Westphall universe, it doesn't need to absorb the MIC too.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Richard Belzer is the lynchpin of most of TV falling into the Tommy Westphall universe, it doesn't need to absorb the MIC too.

I just want to convince some nerd they have to add every episode Law and Order and Law and Order SVU to their next Marvel Marathon.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Skwirl posted:

I just want to convince some nerd they have to add every episode Law and Order and Law and Order SVU to their next Marvel Marathon.

I appreciate this level of loving with a full-universe watch. It was the best part of the Arrowverse doing Crisis on Infinite Earths, which retroactively crammed Black Lightning, Lucifer, Smallville, Doom Patrol, Titans, Adam West Batman, and the 2002 Birds of Prey show into that continuity.

EDIT: Titans is given an Earth both before the Crisis and after it without any actual connection to the story to warrant being returned as-is like the main shows. So if you're being accurate about an Arrowverse watchthrough then you actually have to watch Titans twice, both before and after Crisis.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Mar 24, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Cleretic posted:

I appreciate this level of loving with a full-universe watch. It was the best part of the Arrowverse doing Crisis on Infinite Earths, which retroactively crammed Black Lightning, Lucifer, Smallville, Doom Patrol, Titans (technically twice), Adam West Batman, and the 2002 Birds of Prey show into that continuity.

EDIT: Titans is given an Earth both before the Crisis and after it without any actual connection to the story to warrant being returned as-is like the main shows. So if you're being accurate about an Arrowverse watchthrough then you actually have to watch Titans twice, both before and after Crisis.

loving Ezra Miller had a 2 second cameo, so they have to rewatch all those movies too. Which just makes me feel bad for the kid, when he first played the Flash (again, in a 2 second cameo) I'm sure he was told and convinced he'd be starring in his own multi-feature franchise and it ends in a whimper and a brief cameo on a CW show.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Skwirl posted:

loving Ezra Miller had a 2 second cameo, so they have to rewatch all those movies too. Which just makes me feel bad for the kid, when he first played the Flash (again, in a 2 second cameo) I'm sure he was told and convinced he'd be starring in his own multi-feature franchise and it ends in a whimper and a brief cameo on a CW show.

Ezra Miller's Flash movie is still happening, it just had no steam until Aquaman figured out how to salvage something fun from Justice League.

And I left out the movies that Arrowverse's Crisis canonized, because they aren't as painful to hunt down and fit in. If you want to include THOSE, you also have to fit in Tim Burton's Batman (and probably the Schumacher sequels too), Ryan Reynolds' Green Lantern, Superman Returns, and all of the Christopher Reeve Superman movies, even the ones that the rest of DC says aren't canon to anything because Brandon Routh's Superman mentions 'going crazy and fighting himself' before.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Mar 24, 2020

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Cleretic posted:

Ezra Miller's Flash movie is still happening, it just had no steam until Aquaman figured out how to salvage something fun from Justice League.

And I left out the movies that Arrowverse's Crisis canonized, because they aren't as painful to hunt down and fit in. If you want to include THOSE, you also have to fit in Tim Burton's Batman (and probably the Schumacher sequels too), Ryan Reynolds' Green Lantern, Superman Returns, and all of the Christopher Reeve Superman movies, even the ones that the rest of DC says aren't canon to anything because Brandon Routh's Superman mentions 'going crazy and fighting himself' before.

Is the 1984 Supergirl movie "cannon" then? Shaq's Steel? Linda Carter's Wonder Woman TV series? Superfriends?? The DCAU/Dini-verse?!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

MH Knights posted:

Linda Carter's Wonder Woman TV series?

That one already was when she was the president.
"Wow, nice jet." "You should see my other one *wink*."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Cleretic posted:

I wouldn't assume any movie that hasn't already finished the vast majority of it's shooting is still happening right now.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
ezras flash is coming out like new mutants is coming out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

site posted:

ezras flash is coming out like new mutants is coming out

By the time they’re done it’ll be recut as a techno-noir thriller and he’ll be 47 years old, sounds about right