Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Euro comics rule. Including weird old ones like Bob & Bobette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

yeah i heard o him it's that dna strand entity from ecco the dolphin right

edit: nope, sorry, that's the asterite

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Ometeotl posted:

Doom Eternal is good so far but I might have made a mistake starting on Nightmare. This first Slayer Gate is kicking my rear end.

the first gate is harder than all the rest so far because you’re missing a lot of tools in your toolbox, you can do it gamer

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

I am playing through Resident Evil 2 slowly because it's really spooky and atmospheric and also a weirdly quiet game. I prefer to play full-focus games like that in the evening (as my folks will be watching TV and thus won't bug me) but since it's so quiet I can hear the west wing very clearly and that's, uh, not the intended experience

so like I enjoy resident evil 2 and want more but haven't hit a groove with it yet.

You need to buy the DLC that gives you the original RE2 OST, I can't imagine playing it without it (it also adds the voice to the title screen that says RESIDENT EVIL.... 2)

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

McSpanky posted:

Would you like some statistics on how many people change their underwear less than once a day, and for how long they do go between changes?

You're wording this as if you'd expect most people to change their underwear every day or multiple times per day which like, I can't imagine anyone expects to be the case to begin with.

Besides I'm personally boring enough to touch more hands than penises (or surfaces previously touched by hands and/or penises) on an average week so my primary concern would still be hand-washing frequency.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

If we're still doing hot takes Highway 13 is the best chapter of Half Life 2.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Help Im Alive posted:

You need to buy the DLC that gives you the original RE2 OST, I can't imagine playing it without it (it also adds the voice to the title screen that says RESIDENT EVIL.... 2)

three entire dollars to swap soundtracks......... no sir i don't like it

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Kanfy posted:

You're wording this as if you'd expect most people to change their underwear every day or multiple times per day which like, I can't imagine anyone expects to be the case to begin with.

please change your underwear goons

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I will choose to remember Asterix by its weirdly technically ambitious 3D GBA game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giIJyBSwvK4

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

this is how work from home works right?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

on a more general note I really, really really appreciate SA so much. I can rely on a given game thread to be welcoming, funny, and free of assholes.

looks like someone didn't get the goatse ad last month!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

With nearly eight years of work from home experience under my belt, I can confidently say: Yes. Definitely.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Feeling good after ShallNoiseUpon and myself won an Apex Legends match last night. It took us a few sessions to return to form after not playing for a year, but it felt gooooooood.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Relax Or DIE posted:

speaking of takes, has anyone tried the sekiro randomizer? i can't imagine the item randomizer matters too much since the loot was mostly vestigal, but the enemy one might give you some interesting situations

since the power curve for your character felt a bit flatter than their previous games, if you're the type to use a randomizer i'm not sure how much boss/enemy order would matter to you

I had the exact same thought. I guess scrambling items means the key items get hidden in the world somewhere for you to hunt down, forcing you into more wacky situations, but beyond that the only thing I can imagine is it mucking with how easy it is to unlock new prosthetics.

My favorite part of DSR is watching someone having to make do with a weird set of gear, which Sekiro completely lacks, so I haven't even bothered to watch any runs. (And honestly like 60% of DSR runs are boring too for one reason or another.)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Finished Doom Eternal, hoping I can wrap up all the item hunts before Thursday in time for CONTROL DLC. :hellyeah:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Hwurmp posted:

please change your underwear goons

underwear. underwear never changes.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Infinitum posted:

Mate everybody loves Asterix.

It's Asterix.

It became the shadow of itself when the original writer died so a lot of people do have some issues with that.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

McSpanky posted:

underwear. underwear never changes.

if you go too long you don't want to know what could Fallout

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Indeed. You should never wear Russian underwear because Chernobyl fallout

(As heard by me in primary school, age 8)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

don't have to change your underwear if you never wear any. quarantip

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i have to help an older faculty member run a video conference for her class this afternoon and the fact i need to put on clothes and clean up my apartment sucks big time

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm wearing the same clothes I did on a conference call from yesterday and there's a new one today that only has like one person from the previous meeting. Debating if I should bother changing my shirt.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

I'm wearing the same clothes I did on a conference call from yesterday and there's a new one today that only has like one person from the previous meeting. Debating if I should bother changing my shirt.
theres probably some vtuber like software out there that can generate a virtual shirt for you

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
if this persists much longer i'm going to get a green screen just to gently caress around with any video calls I may have to take.

and a green morphsuit so i can just be a floating head.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

homeless snail posted:

theres probably some vtuber like software out there that can generate a virtual shirt for you

Kizuna Ai does all my videoconferencing for me

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Does it still count as changing underwear if you put on the pair you wore just before this pair and keep swapping back and forth? Asking for a friend

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

homeless snail posted:

for the record I include dead rising and resident evil under the banner of romero spinoffs

asterix is the kind of thing like tin tin and moomin that when they come up I just have to politely nod and assume that someone over the sea probably likes. rip to comic man however, I probably played a lot of some commodore 64 asterix game

tin tin and asterix no way but moonmin owns

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdxzSaMZ34A

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Stux posted:

tin tin and asterix no way but moonmin owns
I'm glad my autocorrect isn't the only one that changes it to moonmin

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

i have to help an older faculty member run a video conference for her class this afternoon and the fact i need to put on clothes and clean up my apartment sucks big time

also my stomach has taken this opportunity to start gurgling and groaning like a videogame zombie i hope it shuts the gently caress up by 2:00

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

homeless snail posted:

I'm glad my autocorrect isn't the only one that changes it to moonmin

that wasnt autocorrect it was just my brain

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

That is a big monitor (or a tiny switch??)

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Installing the Ghost Recon Breakpoint update now, hell yeah. Looking forward to some tactical shootin'

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
wasn't there supposed to be a Nintendo Direct this week, according to VentureBeat? could still happen, I guess, but wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed because no one knows when anything is releasing anymore

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

That is a big monitor (or a tiny switch??)

it's only 24", the switch is pretty far behind the monitor on the base so that perspective probably also messes with it and it's from above so doubly so with weird perspective

al-azad
May 28, 2009

My elementary school library had all the Tintin comics so while everyone was reading Maniac Magee I was learning about opium, gangsters, and getting drunk at sea.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

yes, and we should probably set up a conference call later to make sure everything's set up properly

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

yes

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Boba Pearl posted:

I feel like such a pansy in doom, I play it on Ultra Violet, but I did all the slayer gates on babby mode. PLaying the game on easy is insanely fun, kind of like Doom 2016.

All that matters is rip and tear :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it is kind of weird that the one thing they don't let you use cheats for is the slayer gates but meanwhile you can flip the difficulty setting around at will