Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

JK Fresco posted:

In my locsl hospital all the n95 masks were stolen by nurses and facilitirs staff so doctors don't have any but the nurses do ha

It’s good they’re in the hands of the people who will have the most contact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Trump is going to get so many people killed.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1242455267603877894

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

JK Fresco posted:

Allowing China to supply all our drugs was a very bad idea, it turns out

i always thought our government had rules like they do for certain electronics and military equipment, but no buying 90% of some of our medicines overseas really?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

foonykins posted:

There's gonna be a need for walkies and PA systems for crisis-management situations.

I work in event production so I'm turbofucked right now, but a ton of the companies we rent truss/lights/audio equipment are switching gears to providing their services for temp hospitals which is a good thing.

you know, I didn't think about that, but a majority of what I make every night is mobos and RF boards for bodypack Rx/Tx and desktop/rackmount Rx/Tx stuff that would be very helpful in field/temp hospital settings since our primary customers all stopped buying because lol concerts

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

some of this is politix, republicans want millions in a barely supervised funds for business which are going to get abused so they have to do something poison pill to make them negotiate.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Mnoba posted:

i always thought our government had rules like they do for certain electronics and military equipment, but no buying 90% of some of our medicines overseas really?

Too busy kissing China's rear end.

The Chinese intentionally drove domestic manufacturers out of business by selling drugs below cost with Chinese government support.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
In the video game Death Stranding, Trump was the second to last president of the United States.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Mnoba posted:

some of this is politix, republicans want millions in a barely supervised funds for business which are going to get abused so they have to do something poison pill to make them negotiate.

Lol the spin

Why does a bill you wrote entirely need a poison pill? These aren't amendments, it's their competing legislation

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-germany-masks/germany-loses-six-million-coronavirus-face-masks-in-kenya-idUSKBN21B1T0

quote:

German customs officials are trying to track down about 6 million face masks, ordered to protect health workers from the coronavirus, that they say went missing at an airport in Kenya.

Oops. At least they where to be paid for on arrival...

So yeah, if you absolutely have to order some overpriced masks from somewhere shady, do it from Kenya.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

JK Fresco posted:

Lol the spin

Why does a bill you wrote entirely need a poison pill? These aren't amendments, it's their competing legislation

note i said some of it, the rest is typical bs settle down

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mnoba posted:

they shouldn't have to negotiate, everyone should be on the same page. americas political bullshit is now fatal

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Democrats don't care

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Mnoba posted:

Millions? You gotta think bigger than that son

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

JK Fresco posted:

Allowing China to supply all our drugs was a very bad idea, it turns out
Weren’t/aren’t most of IV bags produced in Puerto Rico too? Which caused a big problem after it was inevitably T-Boned by a big loving hurricane?

Having just one major supplier for anything important is uh, suboptimal.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
They want to delay the Trumpbucks by any means necessary because thry think hurting Americans will hurt Trump. As simple as that

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Zugzwang posted:

Weren’t/aren’t most of IV bags produced in Puerto Rico too? Which caused a big problem after it was inevitably T-Boned by a big loving hurricane?

Having just one major supplier for anything important is uh, suboptimal.

At least Puerto Rico is under american control...

quote:

In an article in Xinhua, one of the Chinese Communist Party’s mouthpieces, Beijing threatened that it can impose pharmaceutical export controls after which America will be “plunged into the mighty sea of coronavirus.”

Unfortunately, Beijing isn’t bluffing about this capability.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Holy gently caress he is going to kill so many people. This isn’t real.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

JK Fresco posted:

At least Puerto Rico is under american control...

i'm glad to see everyone getting ready for WW3 after the pandemic is over

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Rolo posted:

Holy gently caress he is going to kill so many people. This isn’t real.

Reported tweet for encouraging self harm or suicide.

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Mar 24, 2020

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
At this point it's hard not to start rooting for the virus. You know it's the villain but the heroes are such idiots.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

At this point it's hard not to start rooting for the virus. You know it's the villain but the heroes are such idiots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfWhaBWGGlY

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Just like a lib to want breathing to come free and easy. Some of us like to work hard and struggle for each and every breath we take.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

JK Fresco posted:

Democrats don't care

If the past few weeks is any indication, nobody cares.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

US politicians: Maybe we should just kill all the olds, after all the choice is olds vs economy!

Norwegian Prime Minister: " I know the oldest generation says they have had a long and fulfilling life, and that it is time for the younger generations to live, but this is not realistic.
The economic damages are massive, but we will continue the fight against the virus."

It's good to see that they realize that it's not "Olds/sick or economy" but rather "Economic downturn, or massive death tolls and massive economic downturn."
For now they expect to hold up the current Covid rules past easter, so a couple weeks more for now. Everything remains closed.
:unsmith:

e: Large scale downstepping of normal medical procedures, and healthcare personell are being trained for use in ICUs and working with respirators etc, so that as much as possible of the medical community is ready to assist.

SubNat fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Mar 24, 2020

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
What I'm curious about is comparing Canada to the US.

The usual back of the napkin math is Canada is 1/10th of the USA population.

Canada has 2100 cases right now. So in theory the states should have 21000. They have 46000.

Why is there such a gap from the American perspective?

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

I wonder how much boot Texans are willing to swallow when next week's return to work order comes through while their televisions are just blinking "DEATH" in red letters.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

stab posted:

Canada has 2100 cases right now. So in theory the states should have 21000. They have 46000.

USA! USA!

Also New York City. That's the answer

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

sweet thursday posted:

Trump is going to get so many people killed.

If he blows the quarantine he better pay for it in jail time or something. If he gets away with this I'm so out of this loving country.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Flyinglemur posted:

USA! USA!

Also New York City. That's the answer

Probably more comprehensive testing too. There's no telling how many actual cases there are in the US since testing kits are scarce and barely anyone can afford to be tested anyway.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Tei posted:

You can't quarantine the weak and old. Is a large group of people, and a large group of the workforce, including medic personal. If you send home everyone [from the senate] older than 60, only 14 people will attend it, I believe.
People live with families, caretakers. Do you quarantine these caretakers too?.

Quarantining the old is another way to say "let the old and weak people die". Eugenics.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics

Young people is still going to die. The whole hospital system will collapse, with doctors and nurses inside. Everyone having a medical problem may die too.
Maybe other social systems will collapse too. ( Have fun if the police forces are reduced to only a few officials)

Facing certain or probable death, maybe most prisons will revolt and escape. If you see somebody your age -5 die, and you see that you will die next. What you have to lose? what they can do? , kill you?

Taking this option would also create a horrible wound on the society, a undeletable Sin, future generations will look at it, think about the horrible things that generation did. Maybe learn the worst from it, than killing the weak is a good thing. Maybe we have to stop that idea here just now.

We will grown older, and weak. Everyone will one day be weak.

Has a society, if we don't protect the old and the weak, we don't deserve to survive.

Theres bones from people living 100.000 years ago, from people that would not have survive withouth a lot of care from others.

Is not a thing we do, let the weak die. Is not how we are defined has human beings.

Posts like this are ocean air for the soul :love:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Manager Hoyden posted:

I wonder how much boot Texans are willing to swallow when next week's return to work order comes through while their televisions are just blinking "DEATH" in red letters.

Texas is going to get plenty of resources from the feds tho, like federalized guard yanking tubes out of people in NY and CA to send to tx and FL

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

stab posted:

Because in America we have Don't Test, Don't Tell. Even in places with testing access, many healthcare workers don't want to do them because they don't want to expend the PPE.

We have way, way, way more cases than are being reported, 100% guaranteed, and we are only going to appreciate how many more when we get to the steep part of the exponential curve that is absolutely coming.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Trump saw one of the Covid trackers and yelled "Why aren't we number 1? Why are China and Itlay numbers bigger? DO SOMETHING"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

stab posted:

we don't have enough tests in canada. i think its safe to assume we have a comparable number of cases:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/covid-testing-shortages-1.5503926

quote:

But right now, Canada does not know who is infected. Or how many people are infected.

And some Canadians might never know if they had COVID-19.

That's because not everyone can get a test, even if they have symptoms and think they might have the illness.

Access to testing varies across the country. In Ontario, tests are being rationed so that there will be enough for the highest priority patients, including health-care workers.

"The extremely high volume of COVID-19 tests being conducted at the Public Health Ontario Laboratory requires us to start prioritizing testing for the most vulnerable people in our health system and those who treat patients," a Public Health Ontario spokesperson told CBC News via email.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

shovelbum posted:

Texas is going to get plenty of resources from the feds tho, like federalized guard yanking tubes out of people in NY and CA to send to tx and FL

TX and FL did what they did on purpose to get federal funds, make no doubt about it

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

MrQwerty posted:

TX and FL did what they did on purpose to get federal funds, make no doubt about it

Hey, remember that time Texas refused to expand Medicaid but took the ACA money anyway, then refused to do the simple health measures requirements either?

Texas is firmly committed to killing its poors.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I thought Trump would get us into a war or smth. But it turns out we Americans are going to be directly killed by him. It's better than us killing others at least.
:(

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

stab posted:

Population density

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Spinz posted:

I thought Trump would get us into a war or smth. But it turns out we Americans are going to be directly killed by him. It's better than us killing others at least.
:(
Whoever would have thought that having a president who is a proud non-reader à la the Bill Hicks Waffle House bit would be a bad thing