Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Rutibex posted:

i hope the state governments have more sense and keep poo poo closed down regardless of what that loving idiot says

Actually no, our governor Abbott refuses to do that because Texas is 'too diverse' or something.

You can kinda understand where he's coming from because there are a lot of tiny, isolated counties that you can imagine would be disproportionately affected but naahhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

E-flat posted:

Actually no, our governor Abbott refuses to do that because Texas is 'too diverse' or something.

You can kinda understand where he's coming from because there are a lot of tiny, isolated counties that you can imagine would be disproportionately affected but naahhh

Hmm how can I spin this pandemic into work requirements for food stamps... Hmm.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
in a year the only restaurants will be taco bell mcdonalds and burger king
and everyone will be using the 3 seashells due to lack of toilet paper

really close demolition man. really close

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Wonder what the dipshits in charge are going to say about the inevitable prison riots once this thing starts working its way through that population.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
im at the combination pizza hut and taco bell

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

JK Fresco posted:

Population density

I mean

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Zugzwang posted:

Wonder what the dipshits in charge are going to say about the inevitable prison riots once this thing starts working its way through that population.

That we need to bail out private prisons and will start arresting people for breaking new stupid laws.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Does anyone have any pics or details on the 1000 ventilators that Musk sent to California? Did he just buy them, or were they actually made by his car company?

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Rad-daddio posted:

Does anyone have any pics or details on the 1000 ventilators that Musk sent to California? Did he just buy them, or were they actually made by his car company?

Bought. Surplus from China.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Meanwhile India's going on lockdown for 3 weeks.

The US is going to be the country that comes out of this in the worst shape of anyone.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Picnic Princess posted:

Meanwhile India's going on lockdown for 3 weeks.

The US is going to be the country that comes out of this in the worst shape of anyone.

Well, we'll have a lot of empty jobs to fill so unemployment will be really low.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Bought. Surplus from China.

YouTube unboxing video, but it's a ventilator instead of a 3 dollar minidress.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
https://twitter.com/Tom_Winter/status/1242476928839417857

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Rad-daddio posted:

Well, we'll have a lot of empty jobs to fill so unemployment will be really low.

This assumes the people that own and know how to run the company are the ones to survive if you expect there to be more jobs after than right now.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

pixaal posted:

This assumes the people that own and know how to run the company are the ones to survive if you expect there to be more jobs after than right now.

Have you ever known anyone who owns and runs a company

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Have you ever known anyone who owns and runs a company

You mean the guys going into the office right now and yelling at people that they need to keep coming to work or they get fired and the managers aren't doing their jobs and letting people stay home with the cold? Yeah they are very likely to get this poo poo.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

100,000! WE DID IT BABY!

11 days ago. Looks like we'll hit 200,000 in the next day.

7 days ago. We'll pass 400,000 today

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My friend's colleague flew just before the lockdown to "see her grandmothers", came back, and got diagnosed positive
:rip: :waycool: :downs:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

11 days ago. Looks like we'll hit 200,000 in the next day.

7 days ago. We'll pass 400,000 today
[/quote]

No exponential growth, you're the exponential growth

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

JK Fresco posted:

They want to delay the Trumpbucks by any means necessary because thry think hurting Americans will hurt Trump. As simple as that

Why does anyone need trump bucks? This is all going to be over in 7 or 8 days.

Personally I think trumps 500 billion dollar slush fund with himself as the oversight is a brilliant idea.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Parks Canada basically just shut down all national parks nationwide, they originally had just closed buildings but people kept congregating in outdoor spaces so all vehicular access to any park or historic site space is now banned.

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.

NYC handling things extremely well if this is going on widespread. Horizontal spread of educational info.
NYC and NYS public health agencies have divisions dedicated to producing stuff in every language and for everyone, and even then we have the challenge of getting it out there.

I wanna see a variation of this video for every possible expression of New Yorker, so I can die in relative peace.
(Still planning on haunting people though. Deadass after everything that's been going on.)

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Picnic Princess posted:

Parks Canada basically just shut down all nationsl parks nationwide, they originally had just closed buildings but people kept congregating in outdoor spaces so all vehicular access to any park or historic site space is now banned.

I'm not going to be able to do all the backpacking I had planned and it's super sad - there wasn't going to be any corona in the backcountry :(

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

people from cities all over the world have gotten the bright idea of fleeing to small backcountry towns, usually without getting tested or anything, places where there is like one town doctor. i wonder, at times like this, how would dr joel fleishman handle the situation? wasnt there a plague episode or something like that? i dont remember but this seems like a good time to find out

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

The Walrus posted:

I'm not going to be able to do all the backpacking I had planned and it's super sad - there wasn't going to be any corona in the backcountry :(

backpack from your house to the park, just don't walk up the front entrance

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The Walrus posted:

In the USA, we're riddled with "National Forests" that are maintained by rangers, generally, but don't have the gates and stuff, generally. Oftentimes you can just pull over in a wide spot of the road and find a trail head. You often won't see any other humans all day.

Generally.

I use
https://www.alltrails.com

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
lets talk a goon to walk in a straight line across a us state like that one guy did wales

CHUCK WAS TAKEN
Aug 1, 2004
this kid has heart

Earwicker posted:

people from cities all over the world have gotten the bright idea of fleeing to small backcountry towns, usually without getting tested or anything, places where there is like one town doctor. i wonder, at times like this, how would dr joel fleishman handle the situation? wasnt there a plague episode or something like that? i dont remember but this seems like a good time to find out

I live in one such town in north Georgia! There have been thousands of people escaping lockdown in Atlanta here for the past two weekends, going shopping and going out to eat. Our city council did shut down public spaces after realizing what was happening, but yeah, it took two weeks and some degree of damage is certainly done. Our hospital has no ICU, no ventilators and usually one or two doctors working at any time. If you need serious medical care, you have to go to Gainesville, which is over an hour away, and it's probably gonna look like Armageddon in a few weeks anyway. We are going to be profoundly hosed, and I'm super mad about it!

CHUCK WAS TAKEN fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Mar 24, 2020

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Meanwhile Wisconsin issues a 30 day stay at home order starting tomorrow.

How many days until we pass Italy's total's?

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.

Earwicker posted:

We already know what happens from Idaho.
Rich folks fled to Sun Valley, infect townies, in a county with 1 ICU bed.
Now the state is anticipating at least 9x more cases than the total beds in the statewide.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

gary oldmans diary posted:

in a year the only restaurants will be taco bell mcdonalds and burger king
and everyone will be using the 3 seashells due to lack of toilet paper

really close demolition man. really close

I'm down.

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

CHUCK WAS TAKEN posted:

I live in one such town in north Georgia! There have been thousands of people escaping lockdown in Atlanta here for the past two weekends, going shopping and going out to eat. Our city council did shut down public spaces after realizing what was happening, but yeah, it took two weeks and some degree of damage is certainly done. Our hospital has no ICU, no ventilators and usually one or two doctors working at any time. We are going to be profoundly hosed, and I'm super mad about it!

When rural Americans start fleeing to urban centers to seek care we'll be in the position to experience massive civil unrest in the US.

https://twitter.com/RylandKY/status/1241385579625025542

Imagine people rushing the border to get access to services they assume exist because of the better management in neighboring states.

We are about 2-3 weeks away from that being the national disaster scenario in the US.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1242482460140736512

Enjoy!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

That Taco Bell looks sweet

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Wtf man

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I wont

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

If I see someone's dog take a poop on my yard and they refuse to pick it up after I stick my head out the window and tell them to, can I/should I bag the poop and throw it at them? This is relevant to my quarantine situation

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

If I see someone's dog take a poop on my yard and they refuse to pick it up after I stick my head out the window and tell them to, can I/should I bag the poop and throw it at them? This is relevant to my quarantine situation

Yes

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Picnic Princess posted:

Parks Canada basically just shut down all national parks nationwide, they originally had just closed buildings but people kept congregating in outdoor spaces so all vehicular access to any park or historic site space is now banned.

So far Wisconsin parks are open. We have a state-wide shutdown starting today so I hope that doesn't change. The parks website still says they're open but no camping until April 30th. I might go hiking tomorrow if it finally gets warmer out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Harminoff posted:

Meanwhile Wisconsin issues a 30 day stay at home order starting tomorrow.

How many days until we pass Italy's total's?

In terms of number of infections: 1. Maybe 2.
In terms of number of deaths: probably around 10.