Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I liked warzone because I never played it thinking I'd get to the final circle. Play like a cod game, dominate the gulag because you're cross playing with console scrubs, die and requeue in one minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I am one of the console scrubs. It's why I have to play hide and seek for any decent score and surprise anyone I manage to kill like, two seconds before they know where it's coming from. Xbone on dsl. Lol.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

orange juche posted:

The river thing was hosed up.

Yea that was the exact one I was thinking of.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Internet Wizard posted:

The river spike and the early one when the main bad guy pulls you out of your hiding place were oooof.

I'm not gonna look it up but I'm pretty sure the hiding place one is where he snatches you out and slaps a hand over your mouth while shushing you, and slowly stabbing you with a knife at the same time. Definitely extremely unsettling.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Haven't played the new Doom yet, but the new Animal Crossing is fun as hell, especially multiplayer with your doofus friends. Really loving good so far. Honestly, this is best possible game that you can get for being stuck at home.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I got animal crossing but it mostly makes me jones for more Stardew Valley co-op

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Warzone is awesome. This game, like many large map multiplayer shooters, is absolutely lousy with snipers atop all the skyscrapers. I hated this until my squad mate and I found out that for the low, low price of $3500 you can buy a Precision Airstrike. From across the map, you'll get a satisfying BRRRRRAAAAAAPPP and watch 1-3 people get deleted from the game.

Second chances are a thing in this game but it's double satisfying to see the sniping little shits quit after dying.

Also sniping is very, very fun if you manage to steal a tricked our weapon from a dead guy. I just don't approve of the 24/7 lifestyle. I spent a lot of hours in BF4 / 5 just hunting snipers and not caring much about the overall match score

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Sniper are the bane of a lot of games because of lovely map design. It’s one thing to “not peak” but when the whole map is a sniper lane then it’s incredibly un fun to just get sniped from a difficult to reach vantage point. Double gently caress overwatch for giving the sniper class a grappling hook to fly away the second you do take them off of that vantage point.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Honourable mention to Halo Reach for making sniper rifles wreck vehicles

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Sniper are the bane of a lot of games because of lovely map design. It’s one thing to “not peak” but when the whole map is a sniper lane then it’s incredibly un fun to just get sniped from a difficult to reach vantage point. Double gently caress overwatch for giving the sniper class a grappling hook to fly away the second you do take them off of that vantage point.

Devs should grow some loving balls and not include sniper scopes in their games

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Honourable mention to Halo Reach for making sniper rifles wreck vehicles

Honourable mention to Halo CE for making damage to vehicles actually damage to the person in them.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I really like the DMR weapon in Reach. 4 shots seems like a good amount for a kill.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Picked up Death Stranding for cheap because I have plenty of time in my hands for some weird Kojima bullshit

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

bloops posted:

Picked up Death Stranding for cheap because I have plenty of time in my hands for some weird Kojima bullshit

hells yes

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

is it any good

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

short answer: do you like kojima games? then you will like it

if you're not a kojima fan its prolly not gonna convince you, but its def rad and awesome if its your thing

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Just finished Ori 2 and really enjoyed it all the way through. The first one surprised me as being really good for a $5 Steam sale, and this one built on top of that. Thumbs up, would recommend if you want a good platformer.

The setting/story was incongruously wholesome compared to my usual fare though.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

animal crossing is rad as gently caress

if you have a switch get it and hop in with the gippers

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

animal crossing is rad as gently caress

if you have a switch get it and hop in with the gippers

Convince me more NB. I need to feel it in your voice.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Convince me more NB. I need to feel it in your voice.

its so nice that it came out when it did

its sorely needed

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
I have a switch, but I'm having a hard time justifying dropping 80 bucks on it.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

its so nice that it came out when it did

its sorely needed

Can I play it on an exercise bike

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

SquirrelyPSU posted:

its prolly the most chill game ever so hells yeah

A SOF Marine
May 29, 2013

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I played it while walking on a treadmill so, sure.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Animal Crossing is the perfect way to waste 400 hours 45 minutes at a time. It's just a sandbox with cute animal neighbors and a space to play barbie. You collect bugs and fish and fossils and there is a super cool museum that stores everything you donate. You can visit each other's islands and smack your friends with bug catching nets.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Well that'll get me through the work day then. Finished putting together the gym last night.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Animal Crossing is good and cool.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Can I make it always night-time in my Animal Crossing village? Got kind of a haunted forest vibe I want to pull off

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Fallom posted:

Can I make it always night-time in my Animal Crossing village? Got kind of a haunted forest vibe I want to pull off

I played some last night around 10-11pm and found the wisp in the forest. That was a fun little thing

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Got it installed at the chill vibes is awaiting me after I virtually knock off for the day.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Got it installed at the chill vibes is awaiting me after I virtually knock off for the day.

welcome brother

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Naked Bear posted:

Animal Crossing is good and cool.

Does that little dude's hat say CHUNCE?

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
I find it fascinating how I’m splitting my video game time between killing dudes in Warzone and making a happy little village in Animal Crossing.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
In Animal Crossing, a tarantula is worth 9000 bells.

Fun fact: One of the randomly-generated Nook Miles Ticket islands is the Island of Infinitely Spawning Tarantulas.

By the time I'd collected them all, the shop was closed. So I had to store them in my house overnight.

But the most rewarding part was when he gave me my money.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If tarantulas were really worth that much I'd wait for mating season and roll down to La Junta, CO and wait for them to show up in August to get their fucks on.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

If tarantulas were really worth that much I'd wait for mating season and roll down to La Junta, CO and wait for them to show up in August to get their fucks on.

lmao god I love GIP

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
They no poo poo bring up the tarantulas every year here in august or september because La Junta is like, captial of tarantula loving in the US.

Realistically I just want to watch a horde of spiders making pilgrimage like it's goddamn Mecca out there. I think there's a little value in seeing something like that. Same for the Roswell festival, but with morons and conspiracy theorists instead of spiders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

This game rules