Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Pick posted:

Yeah they said because people were falsely claiming she was a nazi

I would also like, if I were a celebrity, to make it very clear that I was not a Nazi

It's a shame there isn't a better way to do that than to file spurious lawsuits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

biracial bear for uncut posted:

It's a shame there isn't a better way to do that than to file spurious lawsuits.

How can you prove someone who has never expressed a certain belief in any way doesn't secretly harbor it. That's insane.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

MizPiz posted:

Wasn't literally all of that just a response to her feud with Kanye West?

it was mainly a response to her decision to not comment on politics (which you learn in her documentary that she had to fight basically her whole marketing team about to make her eventual insta post, including her dad), so people just assumed she was a secret Trump voter and didn't want to tell anyone. then all the Nazis and white supremacists took that and ran with it and boy were they disappointed later

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Pick posted:

How can you prove someone who has never expressed a certain belief in any way doesn't secretly harbor it. That's insane.

You can pretty drat well guess what a person's beliefs are by the company they keep, though.

Partying with people that wear nazi imagery and blackface is extremely damning.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Grendels Dad posted:

You forgot GET OUT OF THERE! smh

She is killing Nazis. She can stay right where she is at. :colbert:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You can pretty drat well guess what a person's beliefs are by the company they keep, though.

Partying with people that wear nazi imagery and blackface is extremely damning.

Yeah, but everything is nazi imagery these days. Tree emojis, milk, Mac Tonight. The list is boundless!

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, but everything is nazi imagery these days. Tree emojis, milk, Mac Tonight. The list is boundless!

I saw a nazi with a tattoo of this the other day

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ok.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

beanieson posted:

I saw a nazi with a tattoo of this the other day

We have GIF tattoos now? :monocle:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The guy was flexing really fast ok

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

We have GIF tattoos now? :monocle:

Welcome to the future, dork.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
https://twitter.com/i/status/1240389384916086784

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Well, that was weirdly unsettling.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I don't remember this Talking Heads song.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Jamesman posted:

I would like to become a member of The Flayed Lord's church, please.

Go ahead, no skin off of my back.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Tree Bucket posted:

Well, that was weirdly unsettling.

:same:

A Jazzmaster shouldn't have a pickguard that color

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Go ahead, no skin off of my back.

:iia:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Data Graham posted:

The guy was flexing really fast ok

That's called public masturbation

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

TITANKISSER69 posted:

That's called public masturbation

Weird flex but ok :v:

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Hyperlynx posted:

No. No no no no no.

When you make a claim, it is on you to back it up with evidence, not your reader. You can't just lazily wave your hand and say "I don't know, I read it somewhere, look it up yourself". Especially when someone directly asked you to back up your statement, which you made in contradiction to someone else.

But I just did, so clearly your view is fallacious.

Ultimately you're referring to a rule of debate, but this isn't a debate. They told me something I said wasn't true, and I referred them to sources where they can learn more, and asked them to search for further information. I did that because I do not have my primary sources available, so I would be providing the first sources I found, and if I did provide sources, we would spend hours on the merry-go-round of they poking holes in, and not liking, my sources, while not disproving or disputing my claim, and me providing alternative sources for hours. I do not have the time for that, and as much as it will hurt you, I am not the fountain of all information.

Life isn't a debate club for you, you are an adult and capable of researching someone else's claim on your own time, rather than wasting theirs. Other people do not usually spend hours of their lives categorising their life experiences and sources so that other people can peruse them when they don't believe something, and almost nobody can these days list the exact sources that led them to believe something.

If I had listed sources, all I would have done would have gone to Google, typed in the same search I displayed, and linked a few articles from there. There is absolutely no reason why you cannot do that on your own time.

The burden of proof works with science, where you can list a specific experimental claim or paper that demonstrates what you claim, and with philosophy, where you can list the author or publication that led you to believe a specific idea. It falls down when making general claims (especially about cultures), as many of them are either experiencial, and do not lend easily to being cited or referred to, or are part of such a web of different supporting beliefs you could build a library out of the primary sources. Unless you want every single chat history and interaction I have had for the last decade? I guess that would be a primary source.

alexandriao has a new favorite as of 23:48 on Mar 24, 2020

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

chitoryu12 posted:

I don't remember this Talking Heads song.

I'll tell you later.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

alexandriao posted:

and with philosophy, where you can list the author or publication that led you to believe a specific idea.

You can? Because jfc

I'll list this as my philosophical foundation:

quote:

“People always talked about the good clean smell of fresh sweat. They had to make excuses for it. They never talked about the good clean smell of fresh poo poo. There was nothing really as glorious as a good beer poo poo - I mean after drinking twenty or twenty-five beers the night before. The odor of a beer poo poo like that spread all around and stayed for a good hour-and-a-half. It made you realize that you were really alive.”

Charles Bukowski, Ham on Rye

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

You could've just said " No I don't want to prove my claims" because no one wants to read any of that.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

alexandriao posted:

Ultimately you're referring to a rule of debate, but this isn't a debate. They told me something I said wasn't true, and I referred them to sources where they can learn more, and asked them to search for further information. I did that because I do not have my primary sources available, so I would be providing the first sources I found, and if I did provide sources, we would spend hours on the merry-go-round of they poking holes in, and not liking, my sources, while not disproving or disputing my claim, and me providing alternative sources for hours. I do not have the time for that, and as much as it will hurt you, I am not the fountain of all information.

Life isn't a debate club for you, you are an adult and capable of researching someone else's claim on your own time, rather than wasting theirs. Other people do not usually spend hours of their lives categorising their life experiences and sources so that other people can peruse them when they don't believe something, and almost nobody can these days list the exact sources that led them to believe something.

If I had listed sources, all I would have done would have gone to Google, typed in the same search I displayed, and linked a few articles from there. There is absolutely no reason why you cannot do that on your own time.

The burden of proof works with science, where you can list a specific experimental claim or paper that demonstrates what you claim, and with philosophy, where you can list the author or publication that led you to believe a specific idea. It falls down when making general claims (especially about cultures), as many of them are either experiencial, and do not lend easily to being cited or referred to, or are part of such a web of different supporting beliefs you could build a library out of the primary sources. Unless you want every single chat history and interaction I have had for the last decade? I guess that would be a primary source.

PYF Funny Pictures

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
No one has yet answered how it is that you make a wave out of vapor

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Nuns with Guns posted:

I'm confident there are plenty of vape isntas that will disagree

Lemon
May 22, 2003

alexandriao posted:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nuns with Guns posted:

We covered the water cycle and tides in like grade 3

You must have been one of the kids shooting v-darts at my head while I was trying to pay attention

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Nuns with Guns posted:

Vapor is obviously a particle

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Nuns with Guns posted:

With weed

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I woulda said farts

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Nuns with Guns posted:

https://i.imgur.com/y6uw95R.gifv

PittTheElder has a new favorite as of 02:18 on Mar 25, 2020

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Jets going transsonic is cool.

Google searching "transsonic" brings up… different results.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Jets going transsonic is cool.

Google searching "transsonic" brings up… different results.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

do not want to lick this