Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Geemer posted:

:lol: tried to get the GOTY key of Tom Braider 2013 from the SE store so I could also get the DLCs. And after waiting in line for 6 minutes it let me purchase it, but now it's been half an hour and my key is still "being processed".

Thanks for putting a queue system in your site and then still not being able to handle the load, SE.

goddamn you, tom braider. youll get yours :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

njsykora posted:

That is another great game, and a criminally underrated one. I wish they'd done more in that style.

The first one is so good, heard mixed things about Osiris. I do wish they’d made more though.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

site posted:

my friends are all going to be very confused when I only refer to tomb raider as tom braider now

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Welp, after an hour SE finally finished processing my key and now Steam says 'product already owned' so I'm SOL for the DLC. Oh well. :shrug:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Geemer posted:

:lol: tried to get the GOTY key of Tom Braider 2013 from the SE store so I could also get the DLCs. And after waiting in line for 6 minutes it let me purchase it, but now it's been half an hour and my key is still "being processed".

Thanks for putting a queue system in your site and then still not being able to handle the load, SE.

Getting mad about your free game is strange.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Geemer posted:

Welp, after an hour SE finally finished processing my key and now Steam says 'product already owned' so I'm SOL for the DLC. Oh well. :shrug:

It let me redeem it even tho I already own the game and it didn't include the dlc anyway.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Geemer posted:

I'll take the key, since I didn't claim it on steam yet anyway.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Fuzz posted:

I'll take the key, since I didn't claim it on steam yet anyway.

Already threw it at a friend. Sorry.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

Is that the Bucs new QB? I hate him too.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

How do we feel about apps in this thread?

Tokaido is the mobile implementation of a board game, and it's free for both iOS and Android for the next week.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tokaido/id1215230801

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.funforgedigital.tokaido

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
I almost posted that one - Tokaido is very good as a board game, so definitely a good pickup.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

El Fideo posted:

How do we feel about apps in this thread?

Tokaido is the mobile implementation of a board game, and it's free for both iOS and Android for the next week.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tokaido/id1215230801

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.funforgedigital.tokaido

Probably better off in the respective mobile games thread.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

~Coxy posted:

Is it a game that's free now that didn't used to be? We're in games not PYF why are we coldly compiling a list

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I appreciated knowing about it

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Yeah, the mobile thread is in the mobile subforum, and I'm not walking that far.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
I went ahead and downloaded Tokaido. Seemed interesting at a glance.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Child of Light will be free to keep on Uplay from the 24th to the 28th

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/3XYmfeAgc2EurDptkfTia7/play-child-of-light-and-other-ubisoft-games-free

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

SelenicMartian posted:

Yeah, the mobile thread is in the mobile subforum, and I'm not walking that far.

And is not about free games. Should all now-free MMO games go in the MMO subforum? Should a classic game being made freely available only be posted there?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Since Twitch Prime games get posted here occasionally, I have access to my parents Amazon Prime, is twitch prime included in that or what?

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Skwirl posted:

Since Twitch Prime games get posted here occasionally, I have access to my parents Amazon Prime, is twitch prime included in that or what?

Yes, just connect your Twitch and Amazon Prime accounts. It even works if your Amazon account only has Prime through Amazon Household (i.e. it doesn't have Prime itself, but is connected to someone else who does have Prime).

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

El Fideo posted:

And is not about free games. Should all now-free MMO games go in the MMO subforum? Should a classic game being made freely available only be posted there?

Well thanks to coldly compiled lists we have Free Games (that were always free) and Free Games (that used to be not free) so presumably yes that's exactly what people want

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Len posted:

coldly compiling a list

Len posted:

coldly compiled lists

Keep doing this, you got the whole squad laughing.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Sleeveless posted:

Keep doing this, you got the whole squad laughing.

It's the old PYF title because people over there get grumpy if you do something like post a gif outside the gif thread or go off list.

Seems pretty accurate to this thread though?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

~Coxy posted:

Nah, it's actually cool here. It's more valuable to me than Epic Game Store poo poo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Zesty posted:

Nah, it's actually cool here. It's more valuable to me than Epic Game Store poo poo.

Yeah, the Android thread is mostly freemium gachas and poo poo anyways any games that used to cost money and don't have a bunch of in-app purchases absolutely belong here.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

I posted a temporarily-free iOS game a few days ago and nobody complained then ;)

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
You'd think "Free games (that used to be not free)" would be self-explanatory but goons will look for any excuse to have a slap fight.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

define "free"

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Free! is a Japanese anime television series produced by Kyoto Animation and Animation Do. The anime is a sequel to the light novel, High Speed! (Japanese: ハイ☆スピード!, Hepburn: Hai Supīdo!), written by Kōji Ōji, which received an honorable mention in the second Kyoto Animation Award contest in 2011 and was published in July 2013. The first season titled, Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club for international distribution, aired in Japan in 2013; and the second season titled, Free! - Eternal Summer, aired in 2014. A third season of the anime series titled, Free! - Dive to the Future, aired in 2018. Hiroko Utsumi directed the first two seasons, while season three was directed by Eisaku Kawanami.

An animated film adapting the second volume of the original novel, High Speed! Free! Starting Days, was released in December 2015. A film trilogy was released in 2017 with the first two films being compilations of both seasons of the anime series titled, Free! Timeless Medley - the Bond and Free! Timeless Medley - the Promise. The third film in the trilogy titled, Free! Take Your Marks, featured four new vignettes. A compilation film encompassing the third season, titled Free! Road to the World - the Dream, debuted in July 2019. Another film was originally slated for release alongside the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics where swimming will be a featured event, but has been postponed by Kyoto Animation until further notice.[2]

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://itch.io/s/29062/stayathomevnsale

visual novels for free on itch.io, notably SeaBed (it has lesbians and is a psychological study)

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Don’t miss this. The game is good and the soundtrack is phenomenal

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Tomb Raider 2013 is free on Steam for another day or so.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
tom braider, please.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Available now: https://store.ubi.com/uk/child-of-light/57062ebf88a7e316728b4612.html

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

I got it through the Uplay app. When I searched for it, the search popup still said $14.99 but when I clicked through to its store page it had a "get for free" button.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I got it through the Uplay app. When I searched for it, the search popup still said $14.99 but when I clicked through to its store page it had a "get for free" button.

In my experience it's easiest to rely on the big banner under "news" in the Uplay client. That usually advertises the free games/weekends with a big button to add it to your account.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

you can get to it from here

https://free.ubisoft.com/

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Hob and Gone Home are free on EGS next week.

Pretty much everyone owns Gone Home at this point, but Hob is a well-reviewed Zelda-esque action/adventure that has never gotten cheap enough or bundled for me to buy, so that's cool

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Barry Convex posted:

Hob and Gone Home are free on EGS next week.

Pretty much everyone owns Gone Home at this point, but Hob is a well-reviewed Zelda-esque action/adventure that has never gotten cheap enough or bundled for me to buy, so that's cool

People have given me poo poo for liking the EGS and I just don't understand the hate.

Nerds: The interface is so janky, who needs another games downloader, etc etc

Me: Yeah but they keep giving me really good games for free, so I like it!

Nerds: They're literally bribing you to like their platform!

Me: .......and??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
If people want to be loyal to a corporation that has literally no reason to care about you whatsoever, I say let them and just ignore them.