Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

Midjack posted:

What are these from?

Someone didnt see Midsommar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

BurningChrome posted:

I've been to actual Midsommar. A lot fewer human sacrifices than the movie.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I've never even heard of Midsommer.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's on hulu. I haven't watched it yet.

In other news

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/24/us/lieutenant-dan-cadbury-bunny-winner-trnd/index.html

quote:

Cadbury, the company behind the popular egg-shaped chocolate, has named its next mascot -- and it's not a bunny.

The candy company announced Tuesday that after holding nationwide tryouts, two-legged hound Lieutenant Dan has won the title of Cadbury Bunny.

Lt. Dan, who sports a pair of pink bunny ears, "has overcome adversity, (and) has won the hearts of America," Cadbury said in its news release.

:mcnally:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Midjack posted:

What are these from?

I think they're from that crappy Showtime series The Event?

1/3 of the world's population vanishes with no explanation and blah blah blah chain smoking nhilists wreck havoc on a small village in upstate New York.

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

SimonCat posted:

I've been to actual Midsommar. A lot fewer human sacrifices than the movie.

Do they have plans to expand production after the plague?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

:wow:

https://twitter.com/GOP/status/1242551578038611971

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BurningChrome posted:

Nope, didn’t look interesting to me. Thanks!

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

I forget, but wasn't something weird going on with the economy in 1933?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Oh man, what did they promise to those ghoulish buyers?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

These loving pricks never, ever accept it when they tank the market.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

They really should stop doing this because when the market inevitably starts to drop again, this ages like milk.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

bulletsponge13 posted:

I've never even heard of Midsommer.

A very good movie. By the same guy who did Hereditary.

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

Midjack posted:

Nope, didn’t look interesting to me. Thanks!

You missed out

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://twitter.com/DougPolkVids/status/1242589641380728832

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Assuming there’s 350 million people in the US, that would be $17k a piece.

I wonder if anyone has theorized what a $15k deposit into everyone’s accounts, even newborn babies, would do for the economy.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/natesilver538/status/1242582357263204354?s=21

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

These reality challenged fucks are going to have a bad time.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Woofer posted:

Assuming there’s 350 million people in the US, that would be $17k a piece.

I wonder if anyone has theorized what a $15k deposit into everyone’s accounts, even newborn babies, would do for the economy.

Woah man hold your horses. If you just give money to the poors theyll just spend it on frivolous luxuries like healthcare and food and how does that do the economy any good?

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Woofer posted:

The rent is going up $1250 a month.

Untagged fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 25, 2020

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Mustang posted:

Are other countries dealing with a massive idiotic conservative demographic like the US during this pandemic?

Welcome to England

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

If my company audited that $6T, their financial data could be off by $180 BILLION and it would still be under our threshold for materiality (3%) and we’d write it off.

So you can imagine how much of that is gonna line pockets that you won’t ever even notice or hear about.

gently caress just let me get a billion. You’ll never notice it’s gone.

Woofer fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 25, 2020

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Woofer posted:

If my company audited that $6T, their financial data could be off by $180 BILLION and it would still be under our threshold for materiality (3%) and we’d write it off.

So you can imagine how much of that is gonna line pockets that you won’t ever even notice or hear about.

gently caress just let me get a billion. You’ll never notice it’s gone.

You have basically written your exit plan there. Dream a little bigger darling.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
So what's the plan for this when it doesn't save the economy? Or is this enough of a grab that the ultra wealthy won't give a gently caress at that point? Haha just kidding they'll never stop until the republic fails

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BurningChrome posted:

You missed out

I just looked at a plot synopsis. I’m OK skipping this one.

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

Midjack posted:

I just looked at a plot synopsis. I’m OK skipping this one.

Oaugh

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Will never not laugh that bj novak's habit of freezing cadbury eggs paid off on conan of all places when they said they weren't shrinking their candy

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I completely forgot about the cadbury egg scandal and immediately had to watch it again. loving cadbury really tried to pull one over on people.

I really hated him on the office but I like him having casual conversations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

remember when mr peanut died

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Mr peanut , dead of peanut allergy, go figure.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Adding to Covid's March:

https://twitter.com/WaffleHouse/status/1242453966358753283

Maybe when the Waffle Houses start closing up people will starhahahahahahaha...

edit: also you can put money on Atlanta being the next NYC in a week or two, it's in the Perimeter suburbs multiplying and nothing will be done until it's too late.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I completely forgot about the cadbury egg scandal and immediately had to watch it again. loving cadbury really tried to pull one over on people.

I really hated him on the office but I like him having casual conversations.

he was good in inglorious basterds too. i think he started on the office as a writer and they threw him in there

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Given it's the south it'll probably be way worse than nyc

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programmes/ninetonoon/audio/2018740070/kiwi-student-stranded-in-south-africa-due-to-broken-embassy-printer

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also jfc i rewatched it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhtGOBt1V2g

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Malaria is the bush league.

In 2018, it killed four hundred and five thousand worldwide.

SARS‐CoV‐2 will at some point this year be doing that in a single day.

I know malaria’s number will go up if it spreads to a new population while no drugs are available. :smith:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

:lol: I've never heard about this before. Amazing.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

supposedy it was because Hersheys has the rights to it in the US. Before 2007 we got the British versions, which are larger and more fat in the chocolate. Hersheys made the eggs for the US after, and used different poo poo and made them smaller. Cadbury says they were talking about the UK version on their site, not the american eggs

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Hershey's is straight up dog poo poo and I doubt if it can really be legally called chocolate if there is such a standard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

"Hydrochloroquine and other anti-virals"