Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mumbly
Apr 12, 2007

TheDK posted:

Time to stop watching. I continue to enjoy it.

That's nice. It's possible to enjoy something and still be critical of it.

Vandar posted:

It'd be nice if they'd get their poo poo together and release a drat PS4 app. :argh:

This too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

So apparently the Lego Batman Family cartoon did well, cuz there's talk of a Batman family-themed tv show on HBO Max.

quote:

We’re now hearing though that a Batman family show might also be headed to HBO Max, featuring Red Hood, Nightwing, Batgirl and Robin. And given that this intel comes to us from the same sources who told us about that aforementioned Green Lantern series before it was announced, we have no reason to doubt it.

If it pans out, the series would reportedly not connect to the DCEU or the Arrowverse, and would instead be episodic, with the group fighting different criminals in each outing. Given the past history of DC series set in and around Gotham City, it’s likely the unnamed show would be Batman-adjacent, too, with the character possibly appearing in cameo form at some point. While we don’t know too much more than those key points at the moment, it certainly sounds like this project could be a lighter alternative to the DC Universe and Arrowverse shows currently being planned for the next year.

For those not in the know, Bat-family series have been a tradition in the comic books, while television programs such as Batwoman, Gotham and Birds of Prey have explored other sides of Gotham City without the presence of the Dark Knight. And although we’ve had Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Jason Todd/Robin appear in Titans, this new show would presumably have a different Robin, likely Tim Drake or Damian Wayne, with Todd as his alter ego Red Hood.

In terms of Batgirl, there’ve been various on-screen versions over the years, including Yvonne Craig in the 1960s Batman series, as well as various Barbara Gordons in different animated properties. Barbara also appeared as her other alter ego, Oracle, in the short-lived Birds of Prey, while a Batgirl DCEU movie is on the cards, too.

For now, we’ll be looking out for firmer news about the proposed Batman family series as it continues to develop and will be sure to bring you further updates once we get them.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

quote:

the series would reportedly not connect to the DCEU or the Arrowverse

well now i absolutely need it to connect to the arrowverse, and have them visit the earth-lego and voice cg versions of themselves, and have the lego versions visit during the next crisis crossover

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

site posted:

well now i absolutely need it to connect to the arrowverse, and have them visit the earth-lego and voice cg versions of themselves, and have the lego versions visit during the next crisis crossover

That all already happened in Lego Batman 3.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
There are 3 of them?? Lol

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

site posted:

There are 3 of them?? Lol

He's talking about the video games, not the movie

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Indeed, deep lore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-1WrF1v7uQ

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Several AV cast members do voice work in the Lego games. For some reason Michael Rosenbaum is still the Flash but it's Barry instead of Wally.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I am completely surprised by how much I'm enjoying Harley's new show. I thought it was going to be a pile of garbage when it was first announced.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Should we talk about Superman Red Son here?

And how lackluster and underwhelming it is?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Rhyno posted:

Should we talk about Superman Red Son here?

And how lackluster and underwhelming it is?

Haven't seen it, what's wrong with it?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Spacebump posted:

Haven't seen it, what's wrong with it?

It's dumb and bad and, much like Killing Joke, every change they made from the comic is for the worse.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's an excellent assessment.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
I haven't read Superman Red Son in over a decade, so I am not judging it based on adaptation issues.

I thought it was okay, neither great nor terrible, but then again that's how I've been feeling about these movies lately.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

Skwirl posted:

It's dumb and bad and, much like Killing Joke, every change they made from the comic is for the worse.

Okay, I'll be the guy. What did they do this time?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
superman fucks stalin

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
They gave Harley Quinn 3 butts this time

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I'm trying to decide between buying the Young Justice series or Teen Titans complete series while they are on sale on itunes. Which one do y'all prefer and why?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Spacebump posted:

I'm trying to decide between buying the Young Justice series or Teen Titans complete series while they are on sale on itunes. Which one do y'all prefer and why?

I like both, but Young Justice is wayyyyyyyyy too serious for its own good.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

hiddenriverninja posted:

All according to the plan.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Spacebump posted:

Teen Titans is a solid focus on five fun characters with some great animated action and character writing. Young Justice is a boring melodrama that is basically all the worst part of teenage superhero teams.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

hiddenriverninja posted:

I remember the first season tried really hard to make Sportsmaster a serious and credible threat.

Also, I remember the characters only emotions were being angry all the time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I remember the first season tried really hard to make Sportsmaster a serious and credible threat.

Also, I remember the characters only emotions were being angry all the time.

The whole show was very whelming.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

It IS pretty ironic that Young Justice, a show named after a comedy book, would end up being the dark and serious adaptation while Teen Titans, the book that was teen aged melodrama personified, would end up being the kids' comedy show.

That said, Young Justice really is the heir to the original '80s Teen Titans comic book, relationship drama and origin as "the JLA's sidekicks form a team" and all. And if you want some angsty superheroics that's got some surprisingly smart plotting and characters who (slowly, ever so slowly) actually have character arcs and development? Then you could do a lot worse than watch Young Justice.

If you want a quick and easy fun superhero show? Teen Titans all the way.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Both are fine shows.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

The whole show was very whelming.

Ha ha I am gruntled ha ha.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Hey you know what’s hilarious

Waffles

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Young Justice is what happens when you mistake quirks for personalities

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

hiddenriverninja posted:

Young Justice is what happens when you mistake quirks for personalities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBQcLBzbiq0

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Nodosaur posted:

Hey you know what’s hilarious

Waffles

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The payoff for “Hello Megan” was pretty rad tho.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Dr Christmas posted:

The payoff for “Hello Megan” was pretty rad tho.

Remind me again of what that was? it's been a while since I've seen the series.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

hiddenriverninja posted:

Remind me again of what that was? it's been a while since I've seen the series.

She was copying a character from an old sitcom.

It'd probably work better if that wasn't the season's only joke aside from Robin's wordplay stuff.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

There were plenty of jokes. Those were just the only ones that qualified as a running gag that occurred episode-to-episode.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No4HyDGQSHg

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Brent Spiner should be a voice actor in more things.

I remember a lot of people hating that iteration of Joker, but I was indifferent to okay about it. It's obviously inspired by the most recent depiction of Joker in TDK.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Young Justice S1 is one of the best superhero shows ever. A tight, well developed core cast telling a complex story that's funny and moving. S2 is kind of a mess - loose, unfocused, tries to do character drama but has too many characters to really make it work.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Man, I remember when season two came back with a time skip and a bunch of new characters that were only kind of explained, and old characters missing, and, and...then they apparently kept doing the same poo poo the next season!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Nanigans posted:

Brent Spiner should be a voice actor in more things.

I remember a lot of people hating that iteration of Joker, but I was indifferent to okay about it. It's obviously inspired by the most recent depiction of Joker in TDK.

I feel like they should have either done more with changing up the look or done less. What the gently caress is with those fingerless gloves?

Voicewise the only animated Joker I've ever liked other than Hamill was John DiMaggio in Under the Red Hood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HziQVWw0Kg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I thought his The Dark Knight Returns version had some rather good voice acting too, and his The Batman incarnation was great as well